2014 #TheGrandaddy - The Event Of A Lifetime

It has been a great challenge coming up with that entry that you think THATS IT!!!, a lot of creativity is going into the entries.
If as much energy is being put into our games, the #ZooCrew is in some serious trouble!

It has been a great challenge coming up with that entry that you think THATS IT!!!, a lot of creativity is going into the entries.
If as much energy is being put into our games, the #ZooCrew is in some serious trouble!

Its a lot of fun to follow. And to think after this we still have 5 more contests to get in.

I have been loving this contest. I feel like my tweets are getting better and better.

This has been a fun one! His twitter page has got to be slammed! :) Too bad he's got a job to do this week or we'd be getting some good replies from him I'm sure.

Missed a couple of days because I'm travelling and couldn't figure out how to embed a tweet from my new tablet. Got it now and will get one in today and tomorrow.

Missed a couple of days because I'm travelling and couldn't figure out how to embed a tweet from my new tablet. Got it now and will get one in today and tomorrow.
Glad you got it figured out vman. Look forward to see your tweets.
This really had been a fun contest. Looking forward to see what the next one will be.
I'm always impressed with how creative THPers are.

I have spent the last half hour or so looking at flight options from here in the UK to California, and I could get direct from London Heathrow (6-7hr drive from home for me depending on traffic) to San Diego so it is possible, BUT I just don't have the annual leave to be able to make it work this year :at-wits-end:

Really hope this makes a return in the future so I can plan for an entry in another event

I have spent the last half hour or so looking at flight options from here in the UK to California, and I could get direct from London Heathrow (6-7hr drive from home for me depending on traffic) to San Diego so it is possible, BUT I just don't have the annual leave to be able to make it work this year :at-wits-end:

Really hope this makes a return in the future so I can plan for an entry in another event

I know how you feel, I just can't take the time off. End of the year and my work counterpart is pregnant, and due early December. I imagine even if something happens and I were in the hospital, they'd come wheel my bed out and put me to work.

Last edited:
Oh have no fear they're in trouble.

I've enjoyed this format. Lots of chances to improve on your previous entry.

I've enjoyed this format. Lots of chances to improve on your previous entry.

Agree, really benefits the slow thinkers like myself...

Yeah plenty of time to come up with great entries. Even when you think of a good one its like "crap someone is probably gonna top that"

My son is home from college this week so his question to me about a half hour ago was:

"What's this THP event you are trying to get in to on Twitter?"

I give him a 5 minute recap of #TheGrandaddy 2013. His response:

"That sounds really SWEET!"

Yes it is son, yes it is.

So many great entries so far for contest #2 for #TheGrandaddy Dos! Its been fun reading all of them.

My son is home from college this week so his question to me about a half hour ago was:

"What's this THP event you are trying to get in to on Twitter?"

I give him a 5 minute recap of #TheGrandaddy 2013. His response:

"That sounds really SWEET!"

Yes it is son, yes it is.

So many great entries so far for contest #2 for #TheGrandaddy Dos! Its been fun reading all of them.

That's really funny, last night I got a call from a buddy asking basically the same thing!

Im lucky I have plenty of leave left and get my next lot on Dec 1st so im free to go. Like you im always searching for good deals on flights.

My final entry for this contest is now in, it has been one heck of a long week! I've spent time pondering entries, and I think I've come up with some pretty good entries.
I am thoroughly impressed with the creativity of the entries! WELL DONE everyone!

Thank you Callaway for your continued support of THP!
Thank you THP for these amazing events!

Now, Back to practicing!...

After reading the MC thread (well im still only part way into it, reading every single recap), its got me motivated to practise. I went up to the course a few times this week for some practise as well as a full game with a mate. I even asked to pro for some chipping drills I can do at home when I cant make the course.

My wife wasn't sold on me trying to get into the Grandaddy Dos but a quick explanation changed her tune rather quick.

The Grandaddy is freaking over the top awesome.

So many great entries for Contest #2. I have high hopes for a #Dos entry. Some great THP'ers will surely enjoy a great time!

My wife wasn't sold on me trying to get into the Grandaddy Dos but a quick explanation changed her tune rather quick.

Good thing because I'm sure she didn't really have a choice :D

Good thing because I'm sure she didn't really have a choice :D
Nope haha.
Its still better that she's on board but a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do.

Last entry is in, man who knew it could put so much stress on someone throughout a week to try and come up with a tweet? Good grief!

Last entry is in, man who knew it could put so much stress on someone throughout a week to try and come up with a tweet? Good grief!

I know what you mean, I would spend all night running ideas through my head. Gonna be a tough decision, there are some great entrys.

This is me too. Technically speaking I don't even really have enough vacation days on hand for it, but for this event?? Yeah, I'll make it work. EPIC beyond belief.

Back