Official Masters Thread [spoilers]

And did you happen to catch Freddies driving distance avg so far? 286 yds, not bad for someone with a bad back.

Re: Official Masters Thread [spoilers]

Ouimet said:
re the azaleas...wasn't the course under a blanket of snow 5 weeks ago? I would guess that's probably it.

that makes sense. thanks.

fred. oh heck yeah. 1 more bird. come on dude.

Tiger's approach shot into the par 5 just now was a thing of beauty.

That was a nice shot by Tiger.

Great shot by Fred

Did Duval just 4 putt?

Tiger with the big eagle to get it back a little.

I want what Freddie has for breakfast, this has been one of the most joyous rounds I have seen for a long time. It's so great to see him playing well.

Tiger seems to be fighting his game a bit don't you think? Flashes of brilliance and some tugs and pushes, it all seems a bit of an effort for him at the moment. So -4 playing like that just shows you I guess.

Boom Boom you da the man!

That was a nice sequence there by Tiger. Great shot followed by a nice putt.

Just tuned in and wow look at the top 10. That is elite. Phil, Watson, Couples that is amazing to see all these players do so good.

Like a moron I screwed up the DVR. Was ready to start watching a bit ago, and now will have to wait for the replay at 7:00. What a cool day it's been. It's amazing how Watson can play at times. Couples is really on a roll.

Kevin

Ricky Barnes does not match in my opinion. Red a gray shirt with brown pants. Sorry, it does not work.

I was wondering if anyone would have thought that was excessive.

Nope. The Tiger love is a little excessive, but other than that . . .

heck we all throw a club down once in a while after a horrible shot. its all the other BS that needs to stop and so far so good but hey its only day one right?

heck we all throw a club down once in a while after a horrible shot. its all the other BS that needs to stop and so far so good but hey its only day one right?

Right.

JB said:
Ricky Barnes does not match in my opinion. Red a gray shirt with brown pants. Sorry, it does not work.

at first I agreed. but after a closer look? it looked like the pants had a faint plaid in both colors of the shirt.

not too bad.

I thoguht the pants were brown with a hint of blue in them. Hmmm, maybe you are right. It looks terrible through tv and we are looking at it on a 55" HD set.

I agree JB. Even black pants would be alright, definitely not brown.

On the contrary, Ian Poulter looks phenomenal. Just an example of how you can break all the "rules" (like the ones we were discussing in the white belt thread) and still pull everything together in your own way. That may just be my favorite outfit of his. The Cobra visor is gorgeous!

JB said:
I thoguht the pants were brown with a hint of blue in them. Hmmm, maybe you are right. It looks terrible through tv and we are looking at it on a 55" HD set.

I saw red and blue in the brown pants and the shirt looks to be red and blue for me. I, too am watching big HD.

I'm not saying he'll be making the best dressed list anytime soon but it wasn't the worst, IMO.

I agree JB. Even black pants would be alright, definitely not brown.

On the contrary, Ian Poulter looks phenomenal. Just an example of how you can break all the "rules" (like the ones we were discussing in the white belt thread) and still pull everything together in your own way. That may just be my favorite outfit of his. The Cobra visor is gorgeous!

Those are from the C-6 line and the pants are called Glass Tartans. Great new line coming from him.

I saw red and blue in the brown pants and the shirt looks to be red and blue for me. I, too am watching big HD.

I'm not saying he'll be making the best dressed list anytime soon but it wasn't the worst, IMO.

Oakley's script says gray, but he could have changed it. I always thought he was red and gray in opening rounds to match the Wilson Staff branding.

That putt by Tiger on 18 was TERRIBLE. So un-Tiger like.

digging Ricky Barnes' hat

hmmm gotee is gone? btw JB did you get that shirt from the press conf. the other day?

Back