Official Masters Thread [spoilers]

I can't believe the great golf I am seeing!! This is what you hope watching The Masters will be like... NOT disappointed this year!

Im sure that biride will help a little, would love to see Tiger make some noise.

Wow, did Westwood get lucky, right through all the trees on the tee to come back perfectly. He could not believe it.

Sure it's not Eagle, Eagle, Birdie, but TW has himself a little birdie stretch and is still very much in the conversation right now. What an outstanding Saturday at The Masters!!!

It is fabulous golf, but I seriously want a Nick Faldo-specific mute button.

Yay, Phil!

It is fabulous golf, but I seriously want a Nick Faldo-specific mute button.

Yay, Phil!

I will take Faldo a hundred times over Lanny Wadkins, remember when he used to ruin the Masters every year? UGH!! I will say that there is a little too much "Faldoesque" and "that's how Nick would do it" and things like that said for my liking, but Faldo over the alternative any day of the week!

Are you kidding me!?!?!? Phil freakin Mickelson?!?!?

Ahh, shut up. He's overrated. :D

For some reason, I REALLY don't like Westwood. Hopin' for a Mickelson/Woods photo finish tomorrow.

I will take Faldo a hundred times over Lanny Wadkins, remember when he used to ruin the Masters every year? UGH!! I will say that there is a little too much "Faldoesque" and "that's how Nick would do it" and things like that said for my liking, but Faldo over the alternative any day of the week!

Pull Dave Feherty off the 15th hole and put him in the booth.

Amazing golf today. I would be hard pressed to think of a round, at a major, that had this much firepower. WOW

One of the truly great days, what a ride that was.

Tomorrow has a lot to live up to.

Kudos to CBS and the Masters for giving Tiger EXACTLY the right amount of coverage (IMHO).

*golf clap*

Is this a 2 man race? Will Westwood play the 1st 72 hole Major of his career? Normally he only shows up for 54 holes. Lots of questions that should be answered early tomorrow.

If Phil goes nuts on the front 9 like he did last year, it could be interesting.

Show of hands. How many now pick Phil to win?

I picked Phil on Wednesday to win the whole thing. Show of hands, How many people said "it was only the first day" after Phil played great on day 1 and "KJ Choi was going to get killed by the roar of the Tiger"? :act-up:

Re: Official Masters Thread [spoilers]

Westwood impressed me today. I figured him for a blow up day today and Tiger for a saturday run. Westwood hung in there though. Right now Id say Phil has to feel good about his chances.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I don't trust Westwood tomorrow. The crowd is going to be so Pro-Phil I think this guy buckles like he has two times before at Turnberry and Torrey Pines.

Poulter really let me down, I thought he was the guy who would relish this opportunity and love the spotlight. He just didn't have it today, even after fighting back on 7 and 8.

Mickelson is riding the wave, if Tiger had his putter he could be leading...But still amazing he's T3 after all this time, even today when he dropped some strokes still fought back.

Stoked for tomorrow as well.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Alright, I'm officially backing Westwood tomorrow. Would love to see him win!

(Translation: Congratulations Phil!)

I picked Phil on Wednesday to win the whole thing. Show of hands, How many people said "it was only the first day" after Phil played great on day 1 and "KJ Choi was going to get killed by the roar of the Tiger"?

Don't twist that knife so much JB. haha.

I wasn't really wrong when I said it was only the first day. It was only the first day.

I was wrong about K.J.

I know you picked Phil. Phil looked great today. I (obviously) picked Tiger.

I'm banking on a different story for the exciting final round.

I can't wait.

The talking pundits are speculating about what kind of course it's going to be tomorrow.

Will Billy Payne firm up the greens some more?

What kind of hole locations?

It's been said the first three rounds were a bit "easy" for Augusta.

I don't trust Westwood tomorrow.

I have a feeling we're going to see a big, BIG number out of Westwood tomorrow. I don't trust that dude as far as I can throw him. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think it'll happen.

I see Phil casually putting together a round of about 68 or 69 and winning by a couple. Westwood will be busy putting the finishing touches on a Ocho Cinco (ok, maybe 79) and TW will just be pressing a little too hard, he'll be on the verge of something happening but just won't be able to get anything kick started. KJ Choi pulls in runner up with his own 68 tomorrow.

I have not been this excited for a final round since 2001 when Duval, Mickelson and TW were all up there and that day we were not disappointed, tomorrow will be amazing as well.

man today was crazy... but its all about sunday and who's in the hunt today... i hope phil doesnt melt down

===== QUOTE CobraX51 ====

I don't trust Westwood tomorrow.

===== /QUOTE ====

I have a feeling we're going to see a big, BIG number out of Westwood tomorrow. I don't trust that dude as far as I can throw him. Maybe he'll prove me wrong, but I don't think it'll happen.

I see Phil casually putting together a round of about 68 or 69 and winning by a couple. Westwood will be busy putting the finishing touches on a Ocho Cinco (ok, maybe 79) and TW will just be pressing a little too hard, he'll be on the verge of something happening but just won't be able to get anything kick started. KJ Choi pulls in runner up with his own 68 tomorrow.

I have not been this excited for a final round since 2001 when Duval, Mickelson and TW were all up there and that day we were not disappointed, tomorrow will be amazing as well.
I honestly think Westwood buckles, but like you said he could prove us wrong. If you're asking me who I'm taking tomorrow in the final group it's Phil by a landslide; On fire, at ease mentally since his family is there, and has the crowd.

Choi is interesting, he's done great next to Tiger, just a "cool" dude.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

How far do you think you could throw Westwood? He looks like he has a low center of gravity, and walks kind of splay footed. He might be a little hard to get off the ground.

I'm watching on DVR.

Kevin

Westwood is a built, solid dude.

Yeah Westwood certainly has some girth to him so I'm guessing I can't throw him real far at all, which helps me make my point even more. He will not win, no way. What if Freddy were to somehow pull this out? AMAZING!

Back