Putter at the Masters

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
What putters are being used. I know Freddy is using a TM Rossa, AK and Woods are using Cameron putters. Is Westwood using a Redwood?

He was on Thursday. I think he was today as well. I will have the full Darrell Survey on Monday.

Re: Putter at the Masters

JB said:
He was on Thursday. I think he was today as well. I will have the full Darrell Survey on Monday.

Sweet!

Dont forget ZJ and the SeeMore.

Speaking of putters and The Masters, that place looks absolutely impossible to putt those greens. I love all the close ups of the putters and the putting strokes of the coverage though, that's one of my favorite views on the golf course.

From what I could figure you definitely cannot putt with a timid stroke, trust your line and hit the putt. Oh, and expect a lot of 5, 6, 7 footers coming back if you do miss. Crazy stuff!

Speaking of putters and The Masters, that place looks absolutely impossible to putt those greens. I love all the close ups of the putters and the putting strokes of the coverage though, that's one of my favorite views on the golf course.

From what I could figure you definitely cannot putt with a timid stroke, trust your line and hit the putt. Oh, and expect a lot of 5, 6, 7 footers coming back if you do miss. Crazy stuff!

Just don't compare them to bikini wax.

THis is not the official count, but a preliminary count we were able to get our hands on. We believe that these numbers will be official come Monday or Tuesday though.

Putter Brand Count Percent
TITLEIST 32 33.3
ODYSSEY 21 21.9
PING 10 10.4
GUERIN RIFE 7 7.3
NIKE 5 5.2
TAYLORMADE 5 5.2
NEVER COMPROMISE 3 3.1
BOBBY GRACE 2
WILSON 2
YES 2
ONE EACH 7

TOTAL 96

One Each: BETTINARDI, BRIDGE, CLEVELAND,
KEVIN BURNS, MIZUNO, SEE MORE, TIGER SHARK
Model

I know Choi uses their grip.

well so do i, actually i have several of them and i really like them. However i haven't used or actually seen in person one of their putters. So maybe i am just missing out on something. I just have a hard time believing that any tour pro would use one. Don't you?

well so do i, actually i have several of them and i really like them. However i haven't used or actually seen in person one of their putters. So maybe i am just missing out on something. I just have a hard time believing that any tour pro would use one. Don't you?

Not at all. Ryan Moore is using it right now and picked it up for $29 in a used club bin. He liked the look, the shape, and said he enjoyed it quite a bit. All players are different, some are looking for an edge in anyway they can find it, and some are partial to a look that they have been searching for for years. He said he found it and was smiling.

well i did pick up a Ping Zing 2 at Golf Galaxy the other month for $27 and i am partial to it. I just kinda figured you know...couple million in the bank, you ain't looking in the used bin. Although isn't he the one using the scratch irons?

He is, he has a deal with them and owns part of the company.

I read that somewhere. I have used Scratch irons and liked them... Do you happen to know which model putter he's using.

Great White #8 according to Darrell Survey preliminary.

Well good for him. Doesn't apppeal to my eye, the #6 does alittle, but not enough for me to track one down or anything. Thanks for the info.

I know Choi uses their grip.

And K.J. is using his old Odyssey TriHot #2 again (he was using a different putter for a while, but the TriHot is now back in his bag). I used to putt with one of those too, it's a great club. I never understood why this putter was so obscure, under-marketed, and underused on the pro tours. Lorena Ochoa used to use a TriHot #2, before she became a Ping player. Anyway, Odyssey isn't making these anymore, so it's good to see K.J. still getting some good use out of his.

Just saw this on Phils putter. Some good pictures of it.

Back