What Ball Did You Play Last - What Are Your Thoughts?

TM Tour Preferred. Really, really like this ball for my game around the green. Checks up when most other balls wouldn't.

TM Tour Preferred. Really, really like this ball for my game around the green. Checks up when most other balls wouldn't.

I need to try these. Would you say greenside spin is right there with the Lethal? I played the Lethals last time out and the spin into/around the greens was great. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing them & the feel off the putter.

i've been having some success with the callaway speed regime 2. i used to play b330-rx, but was noticing that greenside spin just wasn't what i wanted. switched to srixon z-star and liked them. a local country club was offering previous model pro-v1s at a good price, so i picked up a few dozen. then i went for a fitting and the fitter recommended the sr2. i have been hitting more fairways and more greens with this ball than i have in a long time. but i'm also incorporating swing changes, so that may be the reason.

Been playing the Callaway Hex Chrome+ the last couple of weeks in some softer than usual conditions and I cant stop these balls from spinning like crazy. I cant control it off of the fairway at all. Some shots spin back 20-30ft. Ill likely have to go another route for the for the next few weeks. Tour B330 perhaps or even something a little less high end.

I need to try these. Would you say greenside spin is right there with the Lethal? I played the Lethals last time out and the spin into/around the greens was great. I forgot how much I enjoyed playing them & the feel off the putter.

I enjoyed the Lethals around the greens as well, but I don't remember a ball stopping on pitch shots and chips like the Tour Preferred has. This is my first time with them since the testing in Orlando in January, but I'm pondering them again.

Took a break from the b330, as I'm slumping a bit now and don't want to feel bad losing them. Hit the nike rzn one x (2 for $35 at dicks). Nice, pretty straight, and super durable. Not even a scuff after 9. Only complaint is no greenside workability, might have been the dew though, course was wet.

I keep feeling like there's something wrong with me based on the fact that I don't like the SuperSoft. Driver and irons it's great, but I just didn't like it onto greens. I'm not a huge spin player at all, but the balls just bounced up and off of greens for me on too many holes. Rollout is one thing, bouncing 6 feet into the air and off the green is another :)

B330 RX and I am done...... It is all I need in a ball and the result the last 2 rounds prove it.

Got a dozen yellow Wilson Duo. Love the yellow, much easier to spot the ball. Soft ball feels a bit strange, almost like I have trouble controlling distance on chips and putts. Stops easily though. Will probably try Q Star yellow next.

I played 18 from the back tees with the e6 and 18 from the next tees up with the Chrome +. The e6 was often as long, if not longer, than the Chrome in the fairway even though it was played from the back tees. It also was just A+ for holding its line in the wind. Super impressed. On the other hand the chrome was plenty respectable off the tee and was much better into the greens.

I've had the luxury of playing quite a few different balls lately, so here are my thoughts:

- Hex Black - very long, but lacking green side spin
- Hex Hot - good performer from tee to green, value can't be beat as I picked mine up new for $13/dozen
- Bridgestone e6 - does exactly what it advertises
- Srixon Q-Star - very similar to the Hex Hot for me, but felt a little softer around the greens
- Wilson Fifty Elite - not for me, lost some distance and didn't care for the feel
- Nike Mojo - if I'm ever pinching pennies and still able to golf, this will be my ball

Overall I'm now committed to the Hex Hot for a while, I just couldn't find another 3 piece ball for that price. Not my favorite to play, but definitely good enough for my game.

Played a few holes with a B330 I found. Not a large sample size but I liked what I saw and will require further testing.

Picked up some used ProV1's last week after losing several new balls I've decided there is no point wasting cash on new ones at the moment. Last round, off my irons they were great and I like the way they check up on the greens. This morning, the driver was on it and these were straight and far, irons were not playing well this morning. I had been using Nike RZN Whites, but I think the ProV1's edge it on distance and holding the greens (when I can hit them), both seem to be as straight as each other when I can swing properly.

Tried a few different balls over last couple weeks.

Tour preferred: Felt really great everywhere. Would game these if not for the durability. Any wedge shot from over 60 yards I was scarring the ball up. Can't justify that much money on a ball that doesn't hold up.

Taylormade project A: Liked this ball alot. Soft feeling everywhere, even around the green. But for some reason it just lacked some of the spin I like to use around the green. Had quality spin (not like a proV) into greens though.

Hex Black: Couldn't stand this golf ball. Felt like a rock. Gave away last 7 as I was not going to continue hitting a golf ball I couldn't feel what was going on at impact with.

ProV1x: All around the best ball I've ever played. What it loses against the harder(distance) balls it makes up for in outstanding control in the scoring zone (150 yards).

Played the 330RX and I reall ylike this ball!

Soft feel, and even got a few to stop!

Played ProV1 over the weekend, really checked up with pitch shots - something I am still not used to. Good distance off the tee, even with beat up, older balls.

Thanks to OREGON JACK, I am back in the Nike Tour One D for a while. My favorite ball of all time. I've picked up a few extra yards and still able to stop it on the green within 2-3 steps forward/back of the pitch mark. Used it this w/e with some great results.

B330-RX yesterday. Again, its the perfect ball for me.

B330-RX yesterday. Again, its the perfect ball for me.
Same here man just a great ball. Mad it took me so long to find it.

Doesn't spin though :comp:

Hahaha, internet truth.

Though my 14 GIR's yesterday where it came back a foot every time would indicate different, we know that we aren't allowed to say things like that when the internet has spoken. :alien:

Hahaha, internet truth.

Though my 14 GIR's yesterday where it came back a foot every time would indicate different, we know that we aren't allowed to say things like that when the internet has spoken. :alien:

You were mistakenly looking at others' ball marks. Admit it!

So here's a question I've been pondering. In getting ready to return to the golf course after a broken wrist and three months off, I'm almost positive that my initials swings upon return will be tentative if not 50% in effort.

The balls that I have lying around are as follows:
Srixon Z-Star
Srixon Z-Star XV
Callaway X2hot+
Callaway SuperSoft
Wilson Duo
Bridgestone e6
And my gamer that I was fit into prior to my injury...the B330-RX.

What ball do I play? I normally save the Duos for the fall here when the temperature drops, and picked up the SuperSofts and e6s to see how they compare. But knowing I'll be swinging at 50% or so, I'm leaning towards throwing them in my bag to get back at it.

What say you? Does it even matter?

Play the ones you don't mind losing imo.

So here's a question I've been pondering. In getting ready to return to the golf course after a broken wrist and three months off, I'm almost positive that my initials swings upon return will be tentative if not 50% in effort.

What ball do I play? I normally save the Duos for the fall here when the temperature drops, and picked up the SuperSofts and e6s to see how they compare. But knowing I'll be swinging at 50% or so, I'm leaning towards throwing them in my bag to get back at it.

What say you? Does it even matter?

If you really think you might be swinging in the 50% range I would think the lowest compression ball would work best until you work back into your full swing, so probably the Duos or SuperSofts(?).

Back