The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

His captain may strain a muscle lifting that golf bag full of sand.

Funny you mention that. I take the Dufner approach to bunker maintenance.

What...sit down, tuck your hands under your legs and zone out?

dufnering_2523128b.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb6qPJ4KsII

Announcements

Friday Night Dinner will be at a local place called Truffles Cafe (7pm EST). We have a private room for the group of 24 and a menu with some awesome choices.

Appetizers - Chips & Salsa as well as Artichoke Dip
Entree choice of Mediterranean Chicken, Half Rack of Ribs, Meatloaf or Tomato Basil or Peso Linguine w/ Portobello
Dessert - Piece of pie

This meal is included in the event from THP. We selected the place based on local reviews and have heard nothing but great things. We will also have plenty of wine (red and white) for people to enjoy over the company of each other as well as Callaway Golf.

Ya that dinner sounds solid!

Looking forward to following along with this amazing event.

Oooh you guys will like this place!

Love more announcements. Thanks JB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great place with a great menu. Thanks!

Wow just looked at the menu. Meatloaf has mango BBQ sauce. Color me intrigued

Thank you guys again for taking such good care of us!

Last edited:
That sounds awesome. Look forward to it!

Can we get some green "wine" aka Mt dew for those of us that don't drink?

I know I'm a party pooper

JB. I hope this doesn't come off wrong, if we would like beer or cocktails we can cover that on our own?

Wow just looked at the menu. Meatloaf has mango BBQ sauce. Color me intrigued

Thank you guys again for taking such good care of us!

This is the Effin Gauntlet. While some talk about other events, this event has been on my mind for months and the planning has never stopped. This one is very special to me.

JB. I hope this doesn't come off wrong, if we would like beer or cocktails we can cover that on our own?

You can buy anything you would like. We will be providing wine for the group. If someone wants something else, that is up to them.

The place looks great, thanks Josh, Morgan and Callaway!

This is the Effin Gauntlet. While some talk about other events, this event has been on my mind for months and the planning has never stopped. This one is very special to me.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't the Gauntlet begin from you putting together a last minute informal three rounds in two days last year or the year before with a "hey whoever wants to join me " type of idea.

I can see why it's special to see what it evolved into this year.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong. Didn't the Guantlet begin from you putting together a last minute informal three rounds in two days last year or the year before with a "hey whoever wants to join me " type of idea.

I can see why it's special to see what it evolved into this year.

Sort of. The idea came from something else and I wanted to try and see how teams of 4 worked. In that aspect it was similar. The original plan has always been this, but I did go with the teams of 4 and multiple courses for that get together to see if it worked. Outside of the teams of 4 however, nothing is the same between the two.

I am freaking excited for this. It's getting so close. Hard to contain my excitement.

JB's fire and passion for this event is contagious! After a crappy few days at work and a week without my daughter (and wife) these updates are just what the dr ordered!

Outside of the teams of 4 however, nothing is the same between the two.

That is an understatement. I have said several times when this one is in the books and we all see what transpired, a lot of us will be kicking ourselves for not getting in.

I'm thrilled to be in The Bridgestone, but this one ranked at the top of my list.

That is an understatement. I have said several times when this one is in the books and we all see what transpired, a lot of us will be kicking ourselves for not getting in.

I'm thrilled to be in The Bridgestone, but this one ranked at the top of my list.

I think a lot of it has to do with the unknown. We saw that with the King and the first grandaddy. Those that know me, know the passion I had for this one. It was not on the calendar originally, but thankfully the wonderful folks at Callaway agreed to be a part of it and make it very special. In turn, the only way to make it right was to make it special.

I think a lot of it has to do with the unknown. We saw that with the King and the first grandaddy. Those that know me, know the passion I had for this one. It was not on the calendar originally, but thankfully the wonderful folks at Callaway agreed to be a part of it and make it very special. In turn, the only way to make it right was to make it special.

The unknown is what makes this one so much fun...I love getting to be a part of these "first" events. Knowing that it was with the Callaway crew just put it over the top for me.

It was my original plan to try to get into this. When I confirmed with the wife that the dates didn't work, I had to "settle" for the The Bstone championship.

This is going to be an absolutely awesome event because THP and Callaway wouldn't have it any other way.

Back