The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As many have read over the last few weeks, THP has a full schedule of close to 15 events coming in 2014. One of those events is a unique team competition known as The Gauntlet. To read about the entire 2014 THP Events Calendar, click here.

golf_masthead.jpg

Do you have what it takes to run the Gauntlet?

Qualifying
Your 2014 Albatross Club Membership is your invitation to apply. If you are a member of the Albatross Club, you are invited to play in this event should you get selected through the contests that will be held. If you are not and want to play, all you have to do is join the club. You can do so by clicking here.

When & Where
September 6th-7th, 2014
Hilton Head Island, SC
Palmetto Dunes Golf Club - All Three Courses - Robert Trent Jones, George Fazio & Arthur Hills

Format
This event is a team event with six teams of four.
Each team is captained by a member of #ZooCrew from Callaway Golf. You can meet each of these captains here.

Running the Gauntlet involves playing 3 rounds of golf, each on a different course as member of a unique 4 person team. Who can survive the Gauntlet? THP will create the teams once the pool of participants is chosen and partner them with a unique captain that is a member of the #ZooCrew from Callaway Golf.

The Captains
Meet your six captains of the Gauntlet from Callaway Golf. They will be part of this thread throughout the buildup and each can be reached via Twitter as well.

Skill Level
ALL skill levels are welcome and we mean that with everything we stand for. In addition this is open to men and women over the age of 18.

Prizes
TBA

Winning teams will also receive 2014 THP Gauntlet Trophies as well as a spot in the THP Events Hall of Fame.

Dinner
Dinner will be included each night as part of this event. Matchups will be announced at that time.
Friday Night - Local Restaurant & THP has arranged a wonderful Prix Fixe Menu
Saturday Night - Palmetto Dunes Big Jims - BBQ smoked on site

Cost
Cost for event is $379 & this includes
3 Rounds of Golf at the beautiful Palmetto Dunes golf courses.
Dinners Each night with THPers & Zoo Crew members from Callaway Golf
Range Balls before round
Callaway Headwear (Team Colors)
Callaway Swag Bag - Each captain is putting together a custom swag bag for their team. Could be just about anything.
$100 deposit due at signup and that is non-refundable. The remainder of balance is due 30 days prior to event.

Lodging
Lodging is up to the individual, but THP has a deal set up with a local hotel that is very close to Palmetto Dunes. You can choose any property you would like, but if you want to save the hassle or time looking, this is a very affordable property that is very close to the event and very clean.

Park Lane Hotel & Suites
$89 per night and after taxes & resort fee a total of $107.40 per night. For those that get in, there will be a link for you to reserve your room in a welcome message if you choose to do so.

Signing Up
Over the next few weeks, THP will begin launching some fun challenges, contests and other items to gain entry in this event. Each one will have multiple winners and will complete a team of four with their Callaway Golf captain. Each one of these contests, will have a separate thread on THP.

Last edited:
I want in.

HHI? Yes Please.
THP and Callaway badassery? Yes please.

That looks amazing!

Going to be such a great event; good luck to everybody getting into this event, will be one to remember for sure.

This event looks fantastic. That's a lot of awesomeness for a heck of a value.

Looks amazing, can't wait to try and get a spot!

Let me see whose wedding I have that weekend... *checks calendar*... No conflict!

I'm printing this out and putting it over my desk and my gym as a reminder...this is what I'm rehabbing for. A second chance at playing with THP and Callaway!

Thats a great price point for all you are getting. The courses at Palmetto Dunes are all really good! The dinners with all the #zoocrew members will be a blast! Looking forward to the entry contests!

Might be stretching the vacation time thin with this one, but I will try to get in! This is going to be awesome!

This looks incredible!! Can't wait!

Love these details! THP, Callaway, and HHI? Sounds like one giant win.

Perfect preparation for the Championship. Can't wait to see what the contests are all about.

I want in. Hopefully I can get in this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Holy crap at that price. Well done.

Awesome!!!! Will Arthur Hills be fielding a team? Based on how bad he beat us up I want to be with him. Cannot wait to try and get into this one

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

The picture alone makes me want in!

Exciting. This is the first event to open up since I started really participating on the board. Looking forward to taking a run at it!

This sounds great. My wife has been wanting to go to the beach. This would be the perfect excuse.

Just Awesome! Can't wait for the entry process to begin.

Wow, blown away again. I can't wait for the chance to get in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This will be such an amazing weekend for those lucky enough to get in, no doubt about it!

I'm all over this! I've been waiting for info on this as I've got my eye firmly planted on this and the grandaddy. Since I got back into the game last year, I've really been impressed with the consistency of the product quality throughout their lines as well as their dedication to pushing the game. Callaway has made a fan for life and id love nothing more than to meet the men and women behind the curtain. Good on ya, Callaway! Can't wait to try and earn my entry!

This one sounds so great.

I know my way there! Awesome courses, awesome sponsor, awesome price!

Definitely on my radar!

Back