Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the wife and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary with a golf weekend in Ontario Canada. The package includes a round at Royal Niagara or Peninsula Lakes. I have no idea which one to pick. Anyone ever play either of these?

So the wife and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary with a golf weekend in Ontario Canada. The package includes a round at Royal Niagara or Peninsula Lakes. I have no idea which one to pick. Anyone ever play either of these?

I was just looking at Niagara courses, but my friend doesn't have his passport. I wanted to check out the John Daly course, looks nice. Also the Niagar parks Battle course looks nice.

I was just looking at Niagara courses, but my friend doesn't have his passport. I wanted to check out the John Daly course, looks nice. Also the Niagar parks Battle course looks nice.

The Legends (Niagara Parks) Battlefield course is the one I wanted to play but they stopped offering it in the package.
Are you visiting or did you move out this way?

Sorry, no one I know. A friend of mine played Whispering Woods recently and he still raves about, so if this one is ranked higher, I would think it must be pretty impressive.
I've played Whispering Woods probably 3 or 4 times, it's pretty good. I think the Venango thing maybe was a fluke, the pictures don't make it look amazing. I wondered if the locals all go together and saw PGA.com was asking for suggestions and they email bombed them or something? Maybe I'll go check it out.

The Legends (Niagara Parks) Battlefield course is the one I wanted to play but they stopped offering it in the package.
Are you visiting or did you move out this way?

I lived in Ashtabula, OH from 2-21, then moved to Los Angeles and been here for 10 years now. But I'm coming home tomorrow for 10 days and looking to play a bunch of places. My friend was an Asst. pro at some private courses in Erie, PA so he's gonna go around with me to a few stops. We're only playing in the Erie area and NE Ohio except for a round at Peek n Peak. We grew up playing against Duane Randal, figured we'd go up and say hi.

I lived in Ashtabula, OH from 2-21, then moved to Los Angeles and been here for 10 years now. But I'm coming home tomorrow for 10 days and looking to play a bunch of places. My friend was an Asst. pro at some private courses in Erie, PA so he's gonna go around with me to a few stops. We're only playing in the Erie area and NE Ohio except for a round at Peek n Peak. We grew up playing against Duane Randal, figured we'd go up and say hi.

We've got a THP outing going in Rochester on 8/31. Too bad you're not coming out that way. I love the upper course at Peek n Peak. I met Dwayne last time I was there. Nice guy and heck of a golfer.

We've got a THP outing going in Rochester on 8/31. Too bad you're not coming out that way. I love the upper course at Peek n Peak. I met Dwayne last time I was there. Nice guy and heck of a golfer.

My aunt & Uncle live in Lockport. I have been eyeing a Robert Trent Jones course in Buffalo called Glen Oak. Every play there?

My aunt & Uncle live in Lockport. I have been eyeing a Robert Trent Jones course in Buffalo called Glen Oak. Every play there?

I live in Lockport and just played Glen Oak last Monday. It's a nice course. Good balance of difficult and easier holes. 18 is a bit of gimmicky par 5. That's the only hole I don't like on the course.

Buddy of mine and I are playing Mill Creek on Friday afternoon. Just the two of us at this point, so if anyone wants to join us - let me know.

Buddy of mine and I are playing Mill Creek on Friday afternoon. Just the two of us at this point, so if anyone wants to join us - let me know.
Have fun! Skip the 11th hole…

Are those the par 3 you hit 300 ft down and then the 3 tiered par 5 that you hit 300 ft back up?
Yes and yes. That stupid uphill par 5 eats balls in the fairway.

Are those the par 3 you hit 300 ft down and then the 3 tiered par 5 that you hit 300 ft back up?
Those are the holes. #10, has the really fast green that doesn't hold the approach shots.

Yes and yes. That stupid uphill par 5 eats balls in the fairway.

Those 2 holes and the 18th made me like that course a lot less, too gimmicky.
Don't think I liked 9 either. Isn't that the par 3 straight uphill where you can't see the green?

Those 2 holes and the 18th made me like that course a lot less, too gimmicky.
Don't think I liked 9 either. Isn't that the par 3 straight uphill where you can't see the green?
#9 and 18 don't really bother me.

#7 really bothers me with the multiple bunkers in the middle of the fairway! Either you clear them or you have a LONG approach shot to the green.

That being said - still my favorite course in Rochester.

#9 and 18 don't really bother me.

#7 really bothers me with the multiple bunkers in the middle of the fairway! Either you clear them or you have a LONG approach shot to the green.

That being said - still my favorite course in Rochester.

I don't remember #7. Wish I could join you Friday but already took 1/2 days Monday and Tuesday this week to play.

I don't remember #7. Wish I could join you Friday but already took 1/2 days Monday and Tuesday this week to play.
What is another one??

Ehhh...too late, wouldn't get home til around 6. Thanks for the offer though.
Smart move. Don't jeopardize the 36 on Sunday. ;-)

Wish I could make it out with you on Friday Aaron! I can't wait to get back to Mill Creek this year. Play well buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back