Western New York, Albany, Syracuse, Northwest Pennsylvania & surrounding areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
8am! I guess I better leave by 6am.
are you close to the Ontario Parkway? Shouldn't take you 2 hours unless you drive like Allan. ;-)

Not to try to down Deerfield, but that course is rather boring and a bit pricey for what it is. I would recommend Salmon Creek or Braemar that is closer to Twin Hills and both cheaper.

are you close to the Ontario Parkway? Shouldn't take you 2 hours unless you drive like Allan. ;-)

But he's got the smart car should be a lot quicker!

Not sure. I really don't mind getting up early anyways. Just don't want to get there and have to hustle to the 1st tee.

We have a lot of guys that want to play Twin Hills in the afternoon, which is why we have it then.

I am hoping Deerfield tee times in the am will be around 8. That should give us time to finish, grab some lunch before Twin Hills which I am shooting for 2-2:30.

Just any FYI for everyone:

I played Twin Hills after 11am a couple weeks ago and it was $15, might be more because it's labor day weekend but it's one of the best deals in the area.

I played Deerfield last week in the morning, it was $30 to walk.

Deerfield is in really nice shape right now, their renovations have really made an impact on the course. There are tons of new fairway bunkers and new ones surrounding greens. The greens are PERFECT right now.

Not to try to down Deerfield, but that course is rather boring and a bit pricey for what it is. I would recommend Salmon Creek or Braemar that is closer to Twin Hills and both cheaper.
I like this idea although I much prefer Salmon Creek over Braemar. Was not impressed with back 9 at Braemar.

We can do salmon creek if everyone is good with that.

Just any FYI for everyone:

I played Twin Hills after 11am a couple weeks ago and it was $15, might be more because it's labor day weekend but it's one of the best deals in the area.

I played Deerfield last week in the morning, it was $30 to walk.

Deerfield is in really nice shape right now, their renovations have really made an impact on the course. There are tons of new fairway bunkers and new ones surrounding greens. The greens are PERFECT right now.
I changed my mind about Salmon Creek.. Part of my reason to play Deerfield was to see the renovations. If they are in good shape, I want to stick with our plan. A little more in the morning with Deerfield, Twin Hills is pretty reasonable in the afternoon.

But he's got the smart car should be a lot quicker!

I'd carpool with Allan but I think he said he was only in for the morning round.

Green jacket, gold jacket who gives a $hit?!

I'm going to shoot 145, so I don't care where we play.

I changed my mind about Salmon Creek.. Part of my reason to play Deerfield was to see the renovations. If they are in good shape, I want to stick with our plan. A little more in the morning with Deerfield, Twin Hills is pretty reasonable in the afternoon.

They did a lot, but honestly it didn't really change the way I played the course. The new bunkers look fantastic but they were very dense, not "fluffy" at all (I only hit out of one greenside but others were complaining about them). Honestly the best part of the course is their greens right now and the aesthetics of the course (country club looks awesome, brand new outdoor sitting area, and a REALLY nice outdoor wedding venue.

For the two rounds combined? That deserves a green jacket - that is pretty good.

For the two rounds combined? That deserves a green jacket - that is pretty good.
Haha. I'll be swinging one-handed and will have to quit after 12 holes for each round, but that would get it done.

My right arm is just a little shorter than my left. I'm taking that jacket!

Haha. I'll be swinging one-handed and will have to quit after 12 holes for each round, but that would get it done.

C'mon Sally, outta pain meds? :)

Might be in for both rounds, maybe walk the morning and ride the afternoon or walk both.

Might be in for both rounds, maybe walk the morning and ride the afternoon or walk both.
Walk in the am and ride in the afternoon sounds like a great plan.

I am making swing changes and have no idea how these rounds will go. Last two range sessions have been less than stellar.

I'd be down to walk as well, get some use outta my Clicgear!

I am making swing changes and have no idea how these rounds will go. Last two range sessions have been less than stellar.

Ok, guess I better come up with a good excuse for my crappy game too. I know...Sean Foley is my swing coach and my back hurts :)

I'll probably be the worst one out there, making stupid mistakes that are keeping me in the mid-high 90's. Shot 99 at Twin Hills and 96 at Deerfield these past two weeks, either my driver is on fire or terrible.

I'll probably be the worst one out there, making stupid mistakes that are keeping me in the mid-high 90's. Shot 99 at Twin Hills and 96 at Deerfield these past two weeks, either my driver is on fire or terrible.
I haven't picked up a golf club since June 5th. You'll be fine.

Ok, guess I better come up with a good excuse for my crappy game too. I know...Sean Foley is my swing coach and my back hurts :)
So you are going to withdrawal at the turn? See you on the outdoor patio. ;-)

I haven't picked up a golf club since June 5th. You'll be fine.

A common denominator. .so we just make sure we have fun. That is all that matters to me.

Edit: And I get to see old THP friends and meet new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back