Driver carry distance you'd be satisfied with

I think some people would legit cry if they gpsd all of their drives.
Yep I've seen it plenty of times. And it was a dude I work with that keeps telling me he is hitting his bio cell 280.

Not even close today

Yeah that person would be me hahaha. I posted the other day after I freakin annihilated my drive to find it sitting at like 253 yards

Right now I'd be happy with anything over 200 yards. I can knock it out to 250 or so on the range, but there's no telling where it'll go. If I want any accuracy at all I have to slow my swing down so much I'm lucky to carry 180.

You guys caught me, I am lying about how far other people I play with hit their drives :banghead:

I'm usually within 10 yards on guesses of distance and still want to cry at some of my drives when I GPS.

Sorry Evok, but I've seen it or close to it. It was a thp member I've played with. He crush his driver maybe not center fairway always but definitely not wild. But he struggled with the rest of the game & he knew it.

Sorry Evok, but I've seen it or close to it. It was a thp member I've played with. He crush his driver maybe not center fairway always but definitely not wild. But he struggled with the rest of the game & he knew it.

Stop talking about me =(

You're also probably a realistic person.

Try to be. If I get it out there 230 on the fly I'm happy. Really, if I'm in the fairway I'm happy.

And no I wasn't describing you Jrod.

But the scorecard says 390 and I'm 90 out, that's 300....

....tees are moved forward and you can't trust course yardage. GPS doesn't lie, my favorite friend from the north (formerly) taught me that.

I never said someone couldnt do that, but to what extent? Over 300 yards in the fw and cant contact an iron or hit a wedge at all? I can believe the short game more as many struggle especially putting like myself but the to have insane distance off the tee and cant hit anything else seems weird know what I mean?

Jrod.
And I typed that reply before I seen yours. Lol. Matter of fact typed it as soon as I sent the other. Haha

Evok
I know.. I agree. But he told us before we played & I'm like yea right. after 1st couple of holes thought he was lying but it just got worst. I just couldn't believe it. With choice wording I ask how is this possible

Evok
I know.. I agree. But he told us before we played & I'm like yea right. after 1st couple of holes thought he was lying but it just got worst. I just couldn't believe it. With choice wording I ask how is this possible
Haha that's crazy Im sure I wouldn't know what to say. I mean I bet its possible just unlikely is all.

All we could do is make light of the situation. Lol
And Jrod..I just know how you think. Hehe

My buddy sometimes is convinced he out drives me, but it's usually on doglegs left when he pulls one down the left side and I hit it straight out to the middle FW or right side of the turn. Yes he sits closer to the hole, but my ball travelled further. It's geometry. And proven by gps.

I'm convinced these 300 yard hitters are seeing it visually because as noted a I've the score card reads to the back taking a straight line, and the sprinkler head is to the center, and the tees are up. Plus they plain suck at math because they were athletes in college and who really does any studying when you're playing college ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think I would be satisfied with about 180 yds. of carry. It's not often I have a 200 yd. drive, have to have some roll. Most people I play with are in my age group , 68, so usually only a few yards longer. Some are a lot longer.

Wasn't aimed at anyone, I just hit 'last' page and added my comment. oh and thanks for the troll comment!
i assume this was directed toward me only because it seems like anyone that hits the ball far gets attacked by trolls on these sites but i want to nix this now.
220 is a 4 iron for me.
I am a former college athlete not just a weekend golf hack...6ft 175 all lean muscle
I'm sorry that a lot of people spend tons of money on equipment and lessons and only hit a driver 220 but that's not me. I can carry a 3 iron further than most people can drive.

I take the game very seriously and i also take what i type in these forums seriously so while i realize that a lot of hacks like to play 300yd catfish that's not me

To be fair I am pretty sure that a 275yards total drive on these fairways and temperatures around here would be close to 300 in 100degrees and fairways which roll faster than our greens.
I mean it is easier to hit it far on tour level conditions. That is if you can keep it in the fairway.

Am I wrong?

275. If the fairways are dry, I could get close to 300, if not, and they're wet instead, it's still out there far enough to keep from hitting more 6 irons rather than an 8 or lower.

To be fair I am pretty sure that a 275yards total drive on these fairways and temperatures around here would be close to 300 in 100degrees and fairways which roll faster than our greens.
I mean it is easier to hit it far on tour level conditions. That is if you can keep it in the fairway.

Am I wrong?
I think your correct. The better the course condition the better I seem to play. Love fast greens and tight fairways.

275. If the fairways are dry, I could get close to 300, if not, and they're wet instead, it's still out there far enough to keep from hitting more 6 irons rather than an 8 or lower.
I could only get to 3 with hard fairways down hill and helping wind.

Back