What is your miss?

I have several:

A slice off the driver like Amollerud mentioned earlier.
A bad pull sometimes with my irons
Skulling the ball with my short irons/wedges

Funny thing is I believe I know how to fix each one but I get lazy and they keep comming back

My driver miss is a huge slice. Everything else, I tend to hit thin when I am trying to hard. I shank my wedges alot when I try to baby them around the green.

Miss with the driver is usually a big hook.

irons, wedges my bad shot is usually fat.

all of my bad shots come from overswinging and getting quick with my hands to get back into position, especially so with the longer clubs.

For some strange reason, I have a natural hook when I'm using a driver :confused2: Don't know how I do it, can't figure out why either...Hopefully my new instructor can help me get the ball straight :)

My irons, I have no problem keeping straight, unless I'm trying too hard then it will go straight to the right!

I injured my wrist last year hitting out of a fairway bunker and like an idiot I played on it before it was fully healed. Ever since then I developed a hook as a miss and sometimes a snap hook. I've had some progress recently eliminating the hook, but usually my miss is left and can be fat or thin.

When I miss with my irons it's when I leave the face open and "flip" my wrists under instead of rolling them over. Leaves me with high shot that misses about 5-15 yards to the right of my target. It usually doesn't kill me, but it is frustrating especially if I have 8-pw in to a green. Like everyone else, if I drop another ball and commit to the shot and focus on rolling my wrists, I hit a much better shot.

With my driver it is mainly a hook when I get tired or lazy. Sometimes I can slice it but mainly it's a hook. With my irons though not sure I have a consistent miss. Mainly I will push or pull the ball. Don't see too many slices or hooks but I can push or pull with the best of them. With my putter I will tend to miss left.

My miss is a hook. I traditionally hit a draw with the driver and over cook at times. When I'm not on with the irons it's a left push.

S L I C E a big one!!!

Push cut. Damn the push cut.

Toping the ball, comes from lifting my head...but it's slowly getting better.

right everything goes right. I have started to just aim more left in order to make my shots go straighter because they will really go right.

Dont take this the wrong way, but Im surprised. Id think that considering JB is a pretty decent golfer (last I recall he was something like a 5 handicap), that he'd be able to look at your swing and help you straighten that out.
Perhaps he does like what I do with my girlfriend though: I dont give her swing advice because she just gets frustrated, it turns into an arguement and its just not worth the stress.

Re: What is your miss?

I like to shank my shots or top them. I need to start stretching before a round because it takes me 9 to get settled. My driver has been a 45* angle to the left lately. Im thankful for the fact my club face is closed just not that over the top thing.

Fat contact, varying from just a tiny bit fat to big-hunk-of-sod over the ball fat. Video shows that I struggle with keeping on plane and have a tendency to get very steep and come over the top slightly. It sucks.

Re: What is your miss?

20 yard hook with irons. when its on....I have to play out over hazards and bring it back in.

that same swing with a driver is money. weird.

it all depends... i have a diff issue on a daily basis...
ive had days were id hit 90% of my fw's and couldnt hit an approach shot straight to save my life...
and ive had the opposite where id be in trouble all day but id be a par saving maniac...
lately the majority of my misses with woods are straight pulls... with my irons its hosel rockets... and my putter likes to miss short

If I miss with my driver it's a wicked slice. My iron miss is a push to the right.

On a good day I hit my drives either straight or have just a baby draw. On an average day usually left with a pull draw or a hook. On a bad day I hit it all over the course. What they call army golf. Left, right, left, right.

my putter miss is left. I really need to quiet the left wrist.

or buy a new putter. doh.

Have you tried switching to a bigger grip? That's what I did to get my hands out of it. I tried the Super Stroke but it was just too big. I settled on Winn Jumbo and it has really helped.

On a good day I hit my drives either straight or have just a baby draw. On an average day usually left with a pull draw or a hook. On a bad day I hit it all over the course. What they call army golf. Left, right, left, right.

i too have been drafted by the army golf regiment... mostly due to attempted on course corrections instead of playing my misses

Back