Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

glaring differences?

In feel, yes. Though you can't get much better with the Tours in steel, the MCI's just have something special going on. Not a huge difference in ballflight, but a little.

I look forward to the results of that shaft in them. There is still no mention of them here in OZ yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on what Cleveland offers, I'd expect to see Steelfibers and the 670/680 Recoils. Just a guess though.

I agree. Those MCI shafts felt pretty damn good when I stole a couple of swings.

I'll have some graphite in mine in probably a month or so

Will there be a graphite shaft option with them or do you know of anybody that used a graphite shaft in them

According to the selection process on 2ndswing there are two graphite options. Aldila VS Proto 80 ($140.00) and UST Mamiya Recoil 670 (appears to be std offering of graphite as no charge next to selection

I agree. Those MCI shafts felt pretty damn good when I stole a couple of swings.

You're going to love your new irons FYI.

Cleveland/Srixon does all they can to improve EVERYONE :)

I agree I love my 588 Altitudes they won't win any beauty contest but they are very forgiving. If the Z545 are as forgiving as the Alt's I sure would win a beauty contest with them they look so beautiful.

According to the selection process on 2ndswing there are two graphite options. Aldila VS Proto 80 ($140.00) and UST Mamiya Recoil 670 (appears to be std offering of graphite as no charge next to selection

Amazed that they are actually charging for those Protos. They are something like 5 years old and I bought a single this year for $5 brand new.

I agree I love my 588 Altitudes they won't win any beauty contest but they are very forgiving. If the Z545 are as forgiving as the Alt's I sure would win a beauty contest with them they look so beautiful.

Probably not Altitude level of forgiveness, but they stack up with other GI irons for me.

not in time for PGA?

You're going to love your new irons FYI.

I have no doubt. Nippon shafts have generally been good for me too. Although I will be on the lookout for some graphite over the winter most likely.

Srixon Z 545 Irons Preview

Probably not Altitude level of forgiveness, but they stack up with other GI irons for me.

I'm sure I will give them a go when they are released here I would love to be able to use them even if it was just the short irons say 7-P

not in time for PGA?

No sir unfortunately not, you can come to OH in late October and try them out though.

I'll set aside the magical 7I just for you

No sir unfortunately not, you can come to OH in late October and try them out though.

I did that Ohio thing in October once. #FrostDelay
But I do love your 7 iron.

Have anyone seen this at Golfsmith or Golfgalaxy? I really want to demo one so bad. The wait is killing me.

Have anyone seen this at Golfsmith or Golfgalaxy? I really want to demo one so bad. The wait is killing me.

No. Srixon has a release date of 9/12 on their website. Not sure if that will be when they will be in stores, last time i checked with my fitter he didn't know if/when he was getting them.

These are getting put into play today. Haven't been able to touch the gear in over a week and I'm still confident these will perform for me.

Felt like I didn't deserve to be playing these yesterday. My swing's disappeared on me, so I can't really provide a ton of feedback, other than that in the maybe one case I found the middle of the club in my 9 holes, I just smiled. The feel on these is unmatched, at least in terms of any irons I've played or hit.

I may have some pretty solid shafts getting tossed into these in the near future...Once I do I'll put up some nice pretty pics.

I was going to ask the same question. This makes me sad:(

I'll be laid up recovering in late October or I would have joined Kevin on the Oho trip

These Irons just keep on performing. I am in serious ponder on the gap wedge for this set-- if it releases this month in the US, I am ordering it on the spot.

These Irons just keep on performing. I am in serious ponder on the gap wedge for this set-- if it releases this month in the US, I am ordering it on the spot.

I drool over these irons daily.

Agreed. They were solid again yesterday for me as well. My gaping is still an issue, but performance wise, these are off the charts.

Agreed. They were solid again yesterday for me as well. My gaping is still an issue, but performance wise, these are off the charts.

If the AW doesn't get released, I think the 48/49 degree RTX is about perfect.

If the AW doesn't get released, I think the 48/49 degree RTX is about perfect.

I might have to do this. I have a few things I need to test out in the offseason, but that is absolutely on the table.

I like this club and I cannot lie!
You other brothers can't deny,
When Srixon walked into the place with that chrome thing in yo' face...
You got sprung, gotta pull out the glove,
cuz you know you want to swing that club!

Perhaps Scor wedges with their version of a V-Sole would be a great match?
Was wondering this myself. Any of you that have the 545's or 745's and have also gamed (or just hit) the Scor wedges have any input on that? Any similarities?

Back