Hotel Rewards Programs & Deals Thread

How'd we end up at the home wood suites in Chicago then? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We dont have any stay and play spots at Hiltons this year. They just happened to have a solid rate for THPers and we wanted to offer that back. Hopefully it works out for everybody. Plus you can cram a lot into those rooms.

We dont have any stay and play spots at Hiltons this year. They just happened to have a solid rate for THPers and we wanted to offer that back. Hopefully it works out for everybody. Plus you can cram a lot into those rooms.

And it's centrally located. Like 1 block to a Golfsmith!

And it's centrally located. Like 1 block to a Golfsmith!

You will love Homewood Suites. Plenty of room as JB said and a pretty decent free breakfast. And if any of you are getting in Thursday night. They have a free meal and beer/wine social from usually 5 to 7.

You will love Homewood Suites. Plenty of room as JB said and a pretty decent free breakfast. And if any of you are getting in Thursday night. They have a free meal and beer/wine social from usually 5 to 7.

Heck yeah they do. The dinner's are solid for a free meal.

Both Starwood and Hyatt will be at the forefront on this rolliong out completely by 2016. Not sure I have a preference either way really.
i was wondering with all your travels if you had tried it yet?

Interesting development.
IHG just purchased Kimpton Hotels.
This could be very good for those that do IHG and are looking for really nice places to use points.

Interesting development.
IHG just purchased Kimpton Hotels.
This could be very good for those that do IHG and are looking for really nice places to use points.

Very interesting to say the least. My company is trying to move us in the IHG realm, with much push back from employees, as you can expected.

This will definitely lessen the frustration a bit.

Ritz Carlton card has a limited time offer of 140,000 bonus points.
Now there is a $395 annual fee, but when you look at the total picture, for a single year card, it might just be worth it.
Keep in mind that Ritz is owned by Marriott, so you can use the points for that or transfer them to airlines as well.
The points alone are worth way more than double the annual fee and the perks are dynamite for a Marriott traveler.

Just got this offer as we pretty much resigned from the Hilton Honors Program this past year. We keep the Hilton Card, which gives us automatic Gold, and since Gold and Diamond are so similar with Hilton it seems worth it, but at first glance this deal is rock solid (screen shot below). Then you realize just how little 100k points are in the Hilton Honors system. A couple of nights in a Hampton, a single night in a nicer place, etc. But I might take them up on the challenge anyway, as 4 nights (I can do one nighters to make nights = stays) is very little for a free room or two.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-11%20at%206.09.21%20AM-L.png

I signed up yesterday for Marriott. Might be a 1 and done with it but should be able to stockpile a few points this year for the future. Value of the points blow but whatever

I signed up yesterday for Marriott. Might be a 1 and done with it but should be able to stockpile a few points this year for the future. Value of the points blow but whatever

The value does blow, and so does the status, but the card gives you some towards status and there are deals to be had. Plus they transfer well to airlines partners like United. Pairing the two cards can go a long way to great earning and upgrades once a small amount of status is earned.

The value does blow, and so does the status, but the card gives you some towards status and there are deals to be had. Plus they transfer well to airlines partners like United. Pairing the two cards can go a long way to great earning and upgrades once a small amount of status is earned.
Yeah I think it's automatic to silver from there I'd need a small miracle to reach the next level (I think it's 50 nights) but either one is probably only feasible this year anyhow due to the bonus

Yeah I think it's automatic to silver from there I'd need a small miracle to reach the next level (I think it's 50 nights) but either one is probably only feasible this year anyhow due to the bonus

Yeah their status upgrades are nuts. Its easier to get to it with United, The good news is the shared points pool and while its devalued because United points are worth more than Marriott points, combining the two with spend (from credit cards) is solid.

Yeah their status upgrades are nuts. Its easier to get to it with United, The good news is the shared points pool and while its devalued because United points are worth more than Marriott points, combining the two with spend (from credit cards) is solid.
Any chance they transfer 1 to 1? Snowballs chance right?

Any chance they transfer 1 to 1? Snowballs chance right?

United Miles transfer 1 to 1 to Marriott.
Marriott miles transfer a tiny bit less than 2 to 1. (I think its 112k to get 50k miles is what they advertise)
Still when you think about the grand scheme of things, that is not bad at all.

So much so that instead of ridding myself of both programs (I had moved on past Marriott this past year), I am keeping the United Card and going to move from Hilton card I think back to Marriott card and combine them. Both will still be backups, but its a strong partnership. Delta and SPG is still stronger, but if one is already going to use Marriott and has a chance at a few points in bunches, then it works really well with United.

Marriott miles transfer a tiny bit less than 2 to 1. (I think its 112k to get 50k miles is what they advertise)

So much so that instead of ridding myself of both programs (I had moved on past Marriott this past year), I am keeping the United Card and going to move from Hilton card I think back to Marriott card and combine them. Both will still be backups, but its a strong partnership. Delta and SPG is still stronger, but if one is already going to use Marriott and has a chance at a few points in bunches, then it works really well with United.

I just wish United was a viable option up here, prices suck and everything runs through Chicago, so I cant get nonstop to FL for cheap like I can elsewhere.

Now if I could get my company to let me use my card to pay our Accounts Payable invoices, we might be in business points wise lol

Been looking to get an airline card to go with my Marriott card, looks like you sold me on United.

Been looking at delta and united since they both fly out of Fwa. Just hoping United has a bonus program going.

Been looking to get an airline card to go with my Marriott card, looks like you sold me on United.

Been looking at delta and united since they both fly out of Fwa. Just hoping United has a bonus program going.

Yeah, if you are a Marriott user and United hub, it makes a lot of sense.

Can United and Hilton points be transferred? I have the United card but other than a history of patronage I don't have ties to Hilton products (ie no card and I have dropped from Gold to nothing).

Can United and Hilton points be transferred? I have the United card but other than a history of patronage I don't have ties to Hilton products (ie no card and I have dropped from Gold to nothing).

Hilton offers ties to transfer to a lot of different programs. Because Hilton Honors points are worth so little right now, you need to transfer something like 20k to even get 1500 airline miles, but you can do it to some airlines.

Hilton offers ties to transfer to a lot of different programs. Because Hilton Honors points are worth so little right now, you need to transfer something like 20k to even get 1500 airline miles, but you can do it to some airlines.

I like the Hilton family but would it be worth moving to a different company with a better realtionship with United (although I hate United as I used to be with Continental and have considered moving to American or Delta and no longer travel for work all that often)?

I like the Hilton family but would it be worth moving to a different company with a better realtionship with United (although I hate United as I used to be with Continental and have considered moving to American or Delta and no longer travel for work all that often)?

I cant answer that. The only thing I would say and I say this about both Marriott and Hilton now. Unless i have the credit card to backup the points with spend, I would not be a part of their rewards programs. Just personal opinion however.

Back