Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm regretting not getting a 5i with me Apex irons. So now i'm pondering a 24* Apex Utility. Problem is that would cause an issue with my 23* hybrid....decisions decisions.....

Oh the words I paired together while on course trying to get clubs in and out of mine.

Its why I'll never ever go back to a 14 way.

Interesting. I've never had an issue with my Titleist 14 way. I actually like it quite a bit. Forces me to be more organized.

I'm firmly planted on getting Apex Pro 4-PW with Project X PXi 6.0

Yup Yup, that's what its gonna be. Thinking of going a degree or two flat though since the toe of my irons tends to sit up a touch at address.

Too bad you are left handed. I am not in love with my Apex + Recoils.

Man, don't do this! I've been pondering the switch since the Gauntlet. Even talked to UST about it.

Why not just buy the 5 iron?

Bc I want to give the Utility iron a run and see if it can replace the hybrid or if i'm better off keeping the hybrid in the bag. I didn't originally go 5i because I hit the hybrid better, but the few swings I have taken with the Utility I am hitting that better than I ever hit my 5i. mental I know, but if the confidence is there why not try it.

Man, don't do this! I've been pondering the switch since the Gauntlet. Even talked to UST about it.
I'm not doing anything. I haven't played golf in 3 months (regardless of the last 2 weeks) and my swing is all kinds of wonky.

...but I still don't love the Apex/Recoil combination.

I'm not doing anything. I haven't played golf in 3 months (regardless of the last 2 weeks) and my swing is all kinds of wonky.

way to squash a feeling, brother

way to squash a feeling, brother
Just because I'm all screwed up, doesn't mean you won't love them. I'd say most people do.

Blasphemy!!! :)

If the Apex's were going to be replaced the Srixon 545's would be the ones.

Blasphemy!!! :)

If the Apex's were going to be replaced the Srixon 545's would be the ones.
Haha. I'm not replacing them yet. Or not even at all. Just ranting about my inability to hit down through the ball after my broken wrist.

I'll second this, unless you get something that has full length dividers. Plus, I cannot stand individual clubs in a 14 way chattering like crazy while I walk.

I thought it'd be beneficial to separate them but after experiencing a few rounds, I'll avoid going to another 14 way. 6 way for the win!

Im with you completely. I like the simple 3 or 6 personally.

Interesting. I've never had an issue with my Titleist 14 way. I actually like it quite a bit. Forces me to be more organized.

I'm firmly planted on getting Apex Pro 4-PW with Project X PXi 6.0

Yup Yup, that's what its gonna be. Thinking of going a degree or two flat though since the toe of my irons tends to sit up a touch at address.

Bummer the rains came post Gauntlet...would have been nice to hit my newbies on the range.

Had it happened to me, I'm dumb enough to have been out there either way lol. You get them out this past weekend?

Range finder that is USGA approved. Bushnell Tour V3 Patriot Pack seems like a solid option. Any other ones I should be looking at?

Range finder that is USGA approved. Bushnell Tour V3 Patriot Pack seems like a solid option. Any other ones I should be looking at?

I know there are other options, but I love my V3.

The V3 is worth the money over the other options out there IMO. Picks up the pin every time and the JOLT is awesome.

Nevermind ponder over... Went out and shot a smooth. 72 with my ap2s
Super solid round with the AP2s. I haven't been able to convince myself to sell off the AP2s, yet, because I enjoy them a lot.

Pondering putting the sm5 60* in the bag for greenside shots.
Less roll than my 57 and I got a 3w and 4i spot I'm not really using anyhow

Mizuno MP 15's... hit the 6 iron today and wow, super soft.

I can't believe the 4i isn't getting used
It's the altitude. We are not consistent enough together at the moment. Hopefully that changes or worse case I buy the 545 4i cause my 5i is easy to hit.

Or maybe get crazy and buy another hybo

Thinking about buying a set of FG Tour M3's blind. I'm so damn tempted but not hitting them because no one has them is a concern. I looked at getting a single iron off the bay but with shipping it's $130 and a set if for about $500.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back