New video game "The Golf Club"

That sucks with the wind. I've never played it in anything more than 4mph

Playing many courses in anything more than 5-7 mph can be silly, especially when you design and test it with a low wind.

Picking this up tomorrow. Looking forward to trying out some of these courses.

Played a bunch tonight. I think I even managed to jump into a round with tpluff at one point.

Played in one of the tournaments tonight thinking I could play a round and come back. Nope. Have to play all 4 rounds at once. After going +6 (i think) in the first round, I ended up finishing around -14 or so. The highlight of the round was an ace on #12 at Bluff Valley.

New course record on ruckus Rompus on x1 just put up a 58

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think TexasHacker went -20 or -21 on their his first run thru on PS4. Made my -18 right after look like child's play.

We must suck on x1 ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think it's that. Found the flat spots on the greens with little/no wind and he didn't miss all round.

2 things. How the hell do you create a gently sloping, downhill (ski slope style) fairway??

I've found a designer that has amazing attention to detail and I freaking love his courses. Unfortunately, they seem to all be 20mph winds, but the designs are just amazing.
Do a search for "Giza" or "Harbor Island Black" and then 'other courses by this designer' or whatever it says. Dude is good imo.

So how's the replay value of this? See it something you all will still be playing several months from now?

I think I'll be playing it for a while. As long as they continue to support it, improve it and add things, I'll keep playing. I need my golf fix in the winter and with the nearly endless possibilities of the course creator and user generated content, long time.

2 things. How the hell do you create a gently sloping, downhill (ski slope style) fairway??

There's a square brush that has the soft edges that looks like it's filled 1/2 way with the red. That one will give you a slope in the area the red covers while the area that isn't covered in red just raises or lowers without the slope.

Down goes Devils Ridge. Got to 20 under on Rickus' creation. Fairways and Greens :alien:

Just published my first course. Called the Links of Dorchester. It is meant to be played as a true links. Needs the strong wind. While the layout isn't too hard, I made the greens like I have seen links courses. They are very difficult.

So please try it and let me know what you think. I'm sure someone will destroy it score wise.

Just published my first course. Called the Links of Dorchester. It is meant to be played as a true links. Needs the strong wind. While the layout isn't too hard, I made the greens like I have seen links courses. They are very difficult.

So please try it and let me know what you think. I'm sure someone will destroy it score wise.

I'll try it out today. Are the pins in fair spots? That's my bugaboo I don't like having a 10 foot comebacker off a 6 ft putt if you know what I mean.

I tried to make most of them fair. Now they might be tucked behind pot bunkers or close to the edge with a drop off. The greens are undulating. I did try to be fair though.

Tap talking my way thru the World of golf!

I tried to make most of them fair. Now they might be tucked behind pot bunkers or close to the edge with a drop off. The greens are undulating. I did try to be fair though.

Greens were fair for the most part, only two 3 jacks, so that's realistic. Played it in 17-18 mph wind. Made a couple holes unreachable in regulation (#15&16) but still shot 76. Guys on PS4 are destroying the course. Other low scores are 86, 87, and 93. Some would say that's tough at 7,300 yards. I liked the front 9 though and I did get the links feel. Is this your first course creation?

anyone try GREAT BEAR CC yet? It has 9 for rating I believe, and be honest if you like it or not. If you like it, I'm designing my home course and will make its difficulty around the same. My best is -8, my roommates best is +4, and my buddy played it once and got -8 on his first crack (he's better than me). This is around the difficulty I play mostly.

Wow thanks! Yes it is my first. I didn't realize those homes would be unreachable cause I didn't know the wind would be that bad. Why are the ps4 guys tearing it up? The course total in the creator was like 6740. Not sure how it got over 7000.

I'm off to Dorchester. I suk at the putts, so this might be interesting.

anyone try GREAT BEAR CC yet? It has 9 for rating I believe, and be honest if you like it or not. If you like it, I'm designing my home course and will make its difficulty around the same. My best is -8, my roommates best is +4, and my buddy played it once and got -8 on his first crack (he's better than me). This is around the difficulty I play mostly.

I will embark on that journey in a matter of minutes and let you know.

Liked Great Bear CC. Greens require some knowledge as they seem to favor certain spots in order to have a shot at making a putt. Playing in 10-11 mph wind didn't help that lol. Seemed fair to me.

Played Devil's Ridge last night into 11-12mph winds on most holes. Some of the holes I couldn't even reach the fairway because of the wind and the ones with bunkers at the start of the fairway just made it frustrating.

Liked Great Bear CC. Greens require some knowledge as they seem to favor certain spots in order to have a shot at making a putt. Playing in 10-11 mph wind didn't help that lol. Seemed fair to me.
Thanks, ya I shot my -8 in 5mph winds, for sure 10 mph is challenging.

Thanks, ya I shot my -8 in 5mph winds, for sure 10 mph is challenging.
I played in 9 and was +18!!
I rarely made it to a point on the green that was favorable for even a two putt. I had 4 quad putts.

I played in 9 and was +18!!
I rarely made it to a point on the green that was favorable for even a two putt. I had 4 quad putts.
Ya I made it with big greens, and easy to get to, but ball placement on them is key. My roommate golfed +21 over 18 as well as his friend golfed +12. But for myself I'm below zero everytime, and my buddy did -8 his first crack at it, but he had 100% GIR. Hmmm makes me wonder if I should make my home course a bit easier for the greens, and maybe a bit harder for fairways?

Back