OEM Loyalties - To Whom & Why

No brand loyalty here. None of them pay me to solely play their equipment so ill play some that I like and I hit well.

I am partial to Titleist for a few reasons.
1) Huge presence in my area. Demos, fitting carts, and supply are easily found. Reps are knowledgeable.
2) Extremely solid equipment from top to bottom.
3) Multiple high quality shaft options stock for their woods.
4) The clubs hold value. This is important for a club ho like me. I can sell my 910 (4 years old) for more than my Bio Cell.
5) This is the reason I'm least proud of but as i was growing in the game Titleist always had an air of superiority. If I saw Titleist in a bag I just assumed the guy was a player. Some of that stuck with me even though I fully realise there is better equipment out there.

I love them all, well maybe not TM. Just having all those new options to chose from every 6-12 months or sometimes a lot sooner, keeps the dream alive of finding the magic clubs that will make me the golfer I dream of being...

As you can tell from my bag I have no brand loyalty. The only brands I am not considering are TM and Callaway.

I am truly loyal to Mizuno Irons, for me the beauty and craftsmanship are second to none and the one time I had to use customer service, they made it right and then some, I like other irons but I don't think I'll ever switch brands again.

I am quickly becoming loyal to Bridgestone balls as well, I am getting used to the yardages and love everything about the B330.

For me I won't play anything other than a Bridgestone golf ball. E6 in the spring and fall and B330S in the summer. Wedges I don't think I'll play anything other than Vokeys. I've messed around with a few different branded wedges, but I'm just in love with the vokeys. Putters it's SeeMore. I'm messing around with my Morgan Cup putter currently but my heart is with my deep flange. The way I was treated at the event they hosted just cemented everything I thought about them. Clothing I'm a puma golf. I have 1 nike shirt and 2 alial fital, outside of that my entire closet is puma. Outside of those I don't have any loyalty I'll play anything from anyone.

I wouldn't say I've got loyalty to a fault. I've got preferences that I'll try first, among them are Bridgestone, Adams, and Callaway, but if those products don't work for me, I have no problem moving on to other companies.

My biggest loyalty is to Nike Apparel, really liked there stuff starting out and to be honest Tiger had a bunch to do with that. I have slowly added some non-Nike gear in but I still always look Nike first.

Brother, you would hate an event like this. :D

emyhuvy6.jpg

No, I would find a lot of humor in it!

I'll always be partial to Ping because every item in their product line is available in LH models, which not the case with any other major OEM (although most have come close if you ignore their putter lines). However, I have tended to go with other OEMs with actual purchases - so I guess it really boils down to what works for me, regardless of who makes it.

1) Huge presence in my area. Demos, fitting carts, and supply are easily found. Reps are knowledgeable.
2) Extremely solid equipment from top to bottom.
3) Multiple high quality shaft options stock for their woods.
4) The clubs hold value. This is important for a club ho like me. I can sell my 910 (4 years old) for more than my Bio Cell.
5) This is the reason I'm least proud of but as i was growing in the game Titleist always had an air of superiority. If I saw Titleist in a bag I just assumed the guy was a player. Some of that stuck with me even though I fully realise there is better equipment out there.

2-4 are becoming more and more apparent to me the more of their equipment I try. I always used to hate on Titleist cause of #5 - the "air of superiority" used to hack me off" - but I'm realizing I was missing out on great stuff.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

None! I don't change my bag that often and I tend not to experiment too much. So if something knocks a club out of my bag, chances are it has been earned. There is just way too much good golf equipment out there for me to not consider the competition when I look to change up. For example, I've been looking to buy new irons since I joined THP ... and now, I can't make up my mind. I WANT THEM ALL! :alien2:

#joking #notjoking

I checked my paycheck and didn't see any golf manufacturers. Until I do, I'll play what performs best for me. I can't have an allegiance when there's so much good stuff out there. I hate to limit myself.

I don't have any specific loyalties, my bag is a mix of everything. Whatever works the best for my game.

I will have a preference to a specific oem if i have a great experience with them (Bridgestone) but if you gave me a ball that performed better than the E5 for the same or cheaper price, I would game it.

Using Tapatalk

Right now it's to Titleist. The reason is work related.

Right or wrong, I typically support those that support THP.

Not to mention, my bag is pretty much entirely made up from Morgan Cup clubs and has been for several years so I haven't had a need to determine loyalty by "dollars spent" on clubs.

Probably spent more on putters than anything else over the last 3 years.

Last edited:
SeeMore. Their flatsticks and techniques helped me become a better putter, they offer unparalleled customer service and they are a THP supporter.

Used to be a TM homer

Now I dont care much for their products (last few lines havent appealed to me at all).

No loyalties to anyone until they pay me to play their gear!

SeeMore. Their flatsticks and techniques helped me become a better putter, they offer unparalleled customer service and they are a THP supporter.

+1. I strayed for a minute, but came right back, after missing the customer service.

As far as the rest of my clubs, I do a lot of trial and error to find what works, and most of my clubs are bought used, but not necessarily because of a name. Give me the easiest to hit, most forgiving club for the best price, and you've got my business.

I play what fits for me. I do tend to fill the bag with one company for the most part. I played Titleist for a few years, then went to Callaway and now I have a bag filled mostly with Taylormade. Who knows what's next ?

The opposite of this is a big reason I've become a Cobra and Cleveland fan; well they also make great equipment. But I can find fantastic deals for slightly used equipment that plays just like new.

No allegiance here - I will hit whatever I feel is better for my game. That being said customer service means a lot to me and will sway me to look at different companies before I come back to the company with poor customer service.

No alligiance. I'm a fan of certain brands / models, but if it doesn't work for me it doesn't work. I can appreciate a club even if I'll never play one.
Why lock yourself into one brand when there's so many options?

SeeMore has won me over with their customer service, what a company. Beyond that I don't have any allegiance, and don't turn clubs over often. I would be lying if I said I didn't feel a particular connection with Callaway right now... I don't play anything Callaway currently, but have had a lot of fun interacting with many employees as of late on twitter.

I've always liked Mizuno, but don't currently have any of their clubs in my bag. I do, however, have a dozen Mizuno JPX golf balls I'm looking forward to gaming.

Back