Titleist 915 Driver & Metal Woods Preview

With COR being what it is I really think there's no bad choice when it comes to 2015 drivers. The 915, G30, DBD, and Alpha are all going to be awesome assuming you get the loft and shaft that fit you.

I'm going to start with the 915 because I want to and then ho out from there.

I'm curious to see how these are off the deck, I've had difficulty getting good launch from titleist fairways in the past, I am however willing to give them a swing

I canned using my 913F 3W from off the deck and went to using a 19* 913H and find its awesome, great ability to get the ball up and also to shape it - used to get frustrated trying to get the 913F up in the air

Just watched Mark Crossfield's review on these drivers, he seems almost giddy about them... I wish I could say I will not spend the money on the D2 especially at 499, but I can't.

I hear you !!

I could never get my old 15* 913f 3 wood to launch proper off the deck but my 4 wood launches no problem assuming I put a decent swing on it.
Not sure if the weighting is different or if the only difference is loft but it made all the difference for me.

I plan on replacing my X Hot woods and the two I want to try are the G30's and 915's. Hope to find a demo to use on the course before bad weather sets in.

I could never get my old 15* 913f 3 wood to launch proper off the deck but my 4 wood launches no problem assuming I put a decent swing on it.
Not sure if the weighting is different or if the only difference is loft but it made all the difference for me.

I know the loft made a huge difference for me - I couldn't hit either my Mashie 15.5* 3W or my old X2Hot 15* 3W off the deck with any consistency, but this 910F (even with an 'ahina in it) gets up in the air nice and easy for me with a decent swing.

Interesting how the ARC Tech put their first iterations over the COR limit so they thickened the center to bring COR down and in turn enabled them to thin out the face at the heel and toe.

I likey.

I will give these a try the face of the 910/913 was way softer than i like i don't think these will be any diffrent but the look is so classic

It'll take something special to knock out my 913's but I will be hitting these head to head vs my 913's as soon as they are available

I recently got some matching hybrids and haven't been happier - on short par 4's or going at par 5's in 2, I have a ton of confidence in the 913's - if they can improve on the 913's my wallet is going to be hurting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm looking forward to swinging these and putting them against my 910's

I'm looking forward to hitting the 915 D2. From the accounts I've read the 915 gives a little more distance on balls impacted in the bottom half of the face and I hit a lot of shots below the sweet spot. I hope it's as easy to hit off the deck as the 913.

The driver and 4 wood will be in my bag by the time next season starts.
Hopefully I'll be getting fit for them in the next couple weeks.

Hey Army Golf, I'm thinking the same thing, D3 and F 4 wood. Where are you getting fit in Vancouver? I've got a tentative appointment set up with Golftec in North Van.

Hey Army Golf, I'm thinking the same thing, D3 and F 4 wood. Where are you getting fit in Vancouver? I've got a tentative appointment set up with Golftec in North Van.
Probably at Northview. They have a Titleist Regional Fitting centre where you hit outdoors with Trackman. Otherwise ill go to Modern Golf in Surrey.

First time I've been really excited about a Titleist driver release in a while. These look really good.

First time I've been really excited about a Titleist driver release in a while. These look really good.

+1 Definitely looking forward to this one. In the market for a new big dog and lots of new choices coming out just in time.

I'm looking forward to hitting the 915 D2. From the accounts I've read the 915 gives a little more distance on balls impacted in the bottom half of the face and I hit a lot of shots below the sweet spot. I hope it's as easy to hit off the deck as the 913.

Me too Don, this is the first Titleist driver that is really on my radar. I will demo it in November.

This driver is definitely on my to do list. It has a wide open choice of shafts for this beauty and I would love to get fitted for optimum performance.

I had good success with 913 d3. Very much looking forward to this one

The pro at my club has been gaming this for a couple of months now. It certainly works well for him, but he is one of those guys that makes golf look sooooo easy. Jerk lol

The pro at my club has been gaming this for a couple of months now. It certainly works well for him, but he is one of those guys that makes golf look sooooo easy. Jerk lol
Hate those guys (canadan!!!)

Some fancy tech bundled in a great looking head. I can't wait to hear how some of you guys that get to hit it like it.

Having pretty good success with the 910, I am really interested in hitting this one.

Can definitely see myself putting a Titleist driver back in my bag.

Can't wait to see these fairways in action! been needing a three wood, and these are coming out just in time for Christmas! Cant wait to get down to a monitor and try these out! and the looks are classic Titleist, awesome!!! Love the black crown to black face with white groove lines!

Back