Electronics Pondering

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears I live in a marginal coverage area for Verizon, hence all of the awesome 1X with 2 bar service I get. They are sending a free network extender out which I doubt does much but we will see.

Next move if it doesnt is to force them to let me out without early termination fee

you'd be surprised. i've seen them turn zero coverage into a really reliable coverage area.

Convince me or talk me out of a Moto 360. Motorola fixed the battery life issue so now my mind is racing.

Convince me or talk me out of a Moto 360. Motorola fixed the battery life issue so now my mind is racing.

In my opinion its the best smart watch out there right now. Also looks the best.
That being said, until these units add more functionality, they are just toys.

you'd be surprised. i've seen them turn zero coverage into a really reliable coverage area.

Hope so, going to hook it up today and see what happens

Whether you are a fan or not of certain brands, this video is funny as heck.

I am strongly considering pulling the trigger on a 70" Vizio P Series. If I could find one in store today I probably would.

I am strongly considering pulling the trigger on a 70" Vizio P Series. If I could find one in store today I probably would.
Do you need my shipping address to send one along?

So it appears I live in a marginal coverage area for Verizon, hence all of the awesome 1X with 2 bar service I get. They are sending a free network extender out which I doubt does much but we will see.

Next move if it doesnt is to force them to let me out without early termination fee
Last month our coverage inside our house went from somewhat reliable to abysmal. Called T-Mobile and they said they were upgrading the network and we would see improved signals in 4-6 months but in the meantime they'd send one of their ASUS Personal Cell Spot. It arrived last week, I hooked it up to my wireless modem and put it on the network and connected my phone's (via WiFi) onto it. The router itself is strong, and it covers the entire house so we haven't had a dropped call since. Yeah, we have to talk in the house using WiFi calling, so it's hard to transition from a call in house to the car, but otherwise the service is excellent.

Good lord Tivo just got even better. Not only can we watch what is on our DVR from anywhere, now we can do live TV too. On the phone, on the tablet, anything at all as long as there is an internet connection.

Good lord Tivo just got even better. Not only can we watch what is on our DVR from anywhere, now we can do live TV too. On the phone, on the tablet, anything at all as long as there is an internet connection.

So TiVo no has standalone "slingbox" capabilities? Without having to buy new hardware? That is awesome.

So TiVo no has standalone "slingbox" capabilities? Without having to buy new hardware? That is awesome.

To iOS and Android...Yes.

To iOS and Android...Yes.

That is just flat out awesome. Are they releasing a "receiver" device that allows you to turn any TV into your home TV (similar to slingbox).

That is just flat out awesome. Are they releasing a "receiver" device that allows you to turn any TV into your home TV (similar to slingbox).

Its built into the Tivo receiver. It has 6 tuners and when watching remotely, it uses one of those tuners. It technically begins recording the show and watching remotely.

I'm a big fan of the pebble. Week-long+ battery life is a definite positive.

In my opinion its the best smart watch out there right now. Also looks the best.
That being said, until these units add more functionality, they are just toys.

Ordered the moto 360. Should be here next week.

iPad Mini and man I never thought I would type that but this thing is pretty cool. My school ITC just let me borrow one and I need to get these in the hands of my students so many possibilities!

I've had something like that on my Amazon wish list forever. But colored LEDs (can change the color as needed) instead of just white. Anyone have something setup can comment on the impact?

I used to have something similar on my TV, but it consisted of 4 led strips that I put across the top, bottom and down both sides. You could also change the colours on them if you wanted, so I suppose for golf you could change them to green..?

Not sure if I have any pics anywhere, but if I can find one I will put it up here (at work so can't check)

Personally I did find it helped reduce eye strain, but it also meant I didn't need any lights on anywhere in the room as it gave out enough light

Removed the screen protector on my G3 and replaced it with one of these glass type ones and I love it. Hated the did feel from the plastic type and this looks great.

Also, Moto 360 is en route!

Removed the screen protector on my G3 and replaced it with one of these glass type ones and I love it. Hated the did feel from the plastic type and this looks great.

Also, Moto 360 is en route!

So much better. I bought one of the glass ones, when I shattered it I went to replace it I was told they were back ordered so ordered one of the regular ones, and I greatly regret it.

This showed up today.

94c5e899ca9077fa12b4c8985f099049.jpg

well let's get started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back