JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
We got a couple of these training aids that arrived to our offices yesterday and here are some photos. The device is a long strip of white material that is marked with a green line. The goal is to putt right down the center and not have it fall off. The entire strip is about 7 feet.

In my mind I can think of a few things that could be used rather than this, but we will leave it up to the testers to see if it works. This could perhaps be a forum testing device in which we send them out to two people and they review them. We will keep you informed on that.

850574219_ADrZW-L.jpg

850574170_DFkYd-L.jpg

850574124_dqAxb-L.jpg

Seems like a good device to make sure you can hit straight putts. Agreed, there are other things you could use, but this one's already set up for it!

Interesting, simple idea. I guess the hardest part would be to make sure you find a completely flat area to use this.

• Admin
Interesting, simple idea. I guess the hardest part would be to make sure you find a completely flat area to use this.

The pamphlet that came with it recommends carpet, but I just cannot see how that is a good idea. Atleast not the carpet we have. And our tile floor is not really cooperating either. We may have to use this on the new putting green and then that begs the question, do we need it? I think it could be great for those that putt around teh house though.

not wowed by this....kinda skeptical

The pamphlet that came with it recommends carpet, but I just cannot see how that is a good idea. Atleast not the carpet we have. And our tile floor is not really cooperating either. We may have to use this on the new putting green and then that begs the question, do we need it? I think it could be great for those that putt around teh house though.

I guess the carpet would soften the floor's imperfections. It is probably good for those with minimal space. I don't think it would get much use when a putting green is available in your case.

Kinda looks like a piece of house siding with a line painted down the middle......I think I could make this for about 3 bucks.

Depending on how it lays, could be OK to use. It doesnt really force you into a particular type of stroke, but forces you to putt the ball straight. My putting is so poor right now though, I feel like anything is a good idea :p

@tdinbr - Love to see someone representing squidbillies here...

JB, all you need is a chalkiline for your green, and youll be able to tell if your rolling it straight lol

JB, all you need is a chalkiline for your green, and youll be able to tell if your rolling it straight lol

Or we could just try to make the putt. But in reality, obviously this is not geared towards people that have putting greens. Some might enjoy something like this.

keep in mind though, that some places will not allow you to draw a chalkline on the green. Some people used cornstarch instead of chalk in the past, but some places do not like this, multiple people will use it, and wear out that section of the green

I think it is a pretty neat idea for the home. I putt on the carpet quite a bit and sometimes you just never know if you are hitting the ball perfectly straight. You might hit the target, but did it roll straight the first few feet or did the ball just bounce around and end up on track?

I think the benefit of this would be to see if when you hit a putt, if it is rolling where you intended it to. A putt might look pretty straight off the club, but if it is off by an inch or so, it might not ever have a chance of going in. This would be a great way to make sure the ball is going where it is aimed, especially the first few feet.

All that being said, I doubt I would spend much money on it. Something similar could be made pretty easily and cheap.

keep in mind though, that some places will not allow you to draw a chalkline on the green. Some people used cornstarch instead of chalk in the past, but some places do not like this, multiple people will use it, and wear out that section of the green

I think he was referring to the indoor putting green that we put up pictures of.

I dont think I am digging this....good concept but seems like there are A LOT of variables that come into play.

seems like you better have a very level floor if you want this to work at all!

I think it is a pretty neat idea for the home. I putt on the carpet quite a bit and sometimes you just never know if you are hitting the ball perfectly straight. You might hit the target, but did it roll straight the first few feet or did the ball just bounce around and end up on track?

I think you have a good point here. I have one of the ball-return putting mats and it seems like I can make those putts all day long. Part of me almost wonders if it channels the ball to the hole. Some of them don't look like they are on line, but still go in.

This looks great, better than using a door threshold!

I should have said this earlier, but I was taught early and often that any company that uses the font "papyrus" should never be taken seriously. Remember that.

I should have said this earlier, but I was taught early and often that any company that uses the font "papyrus" should never be taken seriously. Remember that.

+1

Regarding the device- I agree with those who think it would be nice for people who putt around the house. I know I am guilty of not practicing my putting because I can't get an accurate bead on the carpet and I don't have any good greens near me. *IF* this works it would be a simple way to make me come up with another excuse for why I don't practice putting as much as I should...

Back