Nah - definitely not Vegas and you do know I'm a woman - right?

Yup... I'm not sure about some on here but I figured you out with the chocolate. Anyhoo, my better half would probably be in jeans at most arena type sporting events.

Skort. .

Yup... I'm not sure about some on here but I figured you out with the chocolate. Anyhoo, my better half would probably be in jeans at most arena type sporting events.

Thank you and that is very funny.

Ok - the boxing match is on Saturday. I don't know who the players are, but it's going to be on HBO - whatever that means. I've chosen an outfit so I'm all set. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ok - the boxing match is on Saturday. I don't know who the players are, but it's going to be on HBO - whatever that means. I've chosen an outfit so I'm all set. I'll let you know how it goes.

Enjoy...:blob:

:thumb: Have fun! I look forward to the report!

... The players, huh!?: You don't speak boxing either! :act-up:

The boxing match was last night and I'm surprised to say I had a great time. Our seats were ringside and the energy in the arena was amazing. The main fight was fun to watch because Dawson - the one who won was so agile and so fast. The fight before wasn't as much fun - it was a knockout that the ref should have stopped about 2 rounds earlier. The poor guy was pummeled and it was horrifying to watch.

On another note - I was not dressed like the other women there who were in stilettos, a lot of skintight leather and dripping in diamonds.

You diamonds did not drip?

I am glad you had a great time, and saw at least one fight you enjoyed! And, somebody had to be the classiest woman in the arena, so it might as well be you! :thumb:

I enjoyed the whole thing, but would rather see sweat spraying off the boxers than blood. For the record - There were about 10 men for every woman there.

didnt wanna start another thread on boxing so i decided to jack this thread... sorry diane...
anyone else a boxing fan or am i the only one?
my brothers are really into mma and ultimate fighting... i cant get into that for some reason... its boring to me... all the fights ive seen of mma last like 15 secs and the ones that last longer theyre just grappling(hugging each other) for what seems like forever...
i cant wait till mayweather/mosely... i hope mosely kills him

didnt wanna start another thread on boxing so i decided to jack this thread... sorry diane...
anyone else a boxing fan or am i the only one?

I think you're the only one. I only went because of my friend, but he did say I could come to the next fight in Las Vegas if I want. I enjoyed the people watching more than watching some poor guy get bloody and the people watching in Las Vegas will be great.

same here on the fight and the outcome.

[QUOTE
i cant wait till mayweather/mosely... i hope mosely kills him[/QUOTE]

I think you're the only one. I only went because of my friend, but he did say I could come to the next fight in Las Vegas if I want. I enjoyed the people watching more than watching some poor guy get bloody and the people watching in Las Vegas will be great.

you will be in for a treat if you watch a fight in vegas... ppl watching in vegas is fun...

Manny Pacquio.... WTF???!!

Manny Pacquio.... WTF???!!

Subject says it all.. bugger just cost me $100... (yes, this post in under the influence of assorted adult beverages)

No dispute now. Money Mayweather is the best of all time.

That's still debatable but the case is there to be made...

wow.. someone is working late tonight.. :) merging threads late on a Saturday.. :comp:

Mayweather is the greatest dodger of all time, boxers are not judged by how many fights they won without a loss, his undefeated status is due to his reluctance to fight quality boxers in their prime, this used to be a well respected sport because of the nature of there being one man against another, if someone called a guy out the other guy had no choice but to take the challenge.
In the Pantheon of great boxers Mayweather wouldn't even make top 10, he is one of the greats, but his percieved lack of cojones might just push him out of the top 20 when is all said and done, heck, I bet he wouldn't take on Paquiao even now that he almost got killed(for like 5 seconds I actually thought we were watching a true sports tragedy).
Please let us all remember for just a few moments the names of true great boxers and bonafide fighters: Joe Louis, Ali,Frazier, Leonard, Chavez, Foreman (he also makes a heckuva grill),Tyson,Marciano, Sanchez, Paquiao, etc.
David

Mayweather is the greatest dodger of all time, boxers are not judged by how many fights they won without a loss, his undefeated status is due to his reluctance to fight quality boxers in their prime, this used to be a well respected sport because of the nature of there being one man against another, if someone called a guy out the other guy had no choice but to take the challenge.
In the Pantheon of great boxers Mayweather wouldn't even make top 10, he is one of the greats, but his percieved lack of cojones might just push him out of the top 20 when is all said and done, heck, I bet he wouldn't take on Paquiao even now that he almost got killed(for like 5 seconds I actually thought we were watching a true sports tragedy).
Please let us all remember for just a few moments the names of true great boxers and bonafide fighters: Joe Louis, Ali,Frazier, Leonard, Chavez, Foreman (he also makes a heckuva grill),Tyson,Marciano, Sanchez, Paquiao, etc.
David

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well the sport is corrupt as all hell, but I still enjoy watching prime time boxing matches.

Just saw that Mayweather is possibly going back to his old man as a trainer.

Does anybody even follow the sport anymore?

I really don't, Jesse. fwiw, I don't watch much MMA any more either.

I can't justify paying a bunch of PPV's and the free boxing on TV is a bunch of guys I've never heard of.

I really don't, Jesse. fwiw, I don't watch much MMA any more either.

I can't justify paying a bunch of PPV's and the free boxing on TV is a bunch of guys I've never heard of.

Yeah I used to DVR Friday Night Fights but i found myself not really wanting to watch them beacuse I didn't know the boxers either.

Also, i don't pay for the fights either (way too much)... Usually just don't access ESPN and watch them after they have aired or the next morning.

Nothing like a good old argument about boxing. Figuring out who was the best between a bunch of people that didn't fight each other.

Back