For What Type of Shot Would You Be the "Go To Guy?"

Anything from 80 yards to 150 yards or a tough pitch shot around the green. Really, anything that doesn't require a driver.

My absolute favourite: 165 yard punch shot.

The weather gets brutal here, and that shot has saved me in many a match play scenario. Punch shot in terrible conditions from a brutal lie.... I love it.

My "go to" would have to involve a wedge, especially if it's a tough wedge shot. In my group I am known as the guy who will chip it close and every few rounds one will drop.

If you want the shot to go into the woods or the water or the sand, yeah that would be me I'd be the go to guy for those. Lol

I nominate War Eagle for the Rum shot and cookie for the vodka shot.

Me, I will take the half foot tap-in. I'm money with those.

This is an interesting topic.

I initially thought driver. But, if the tee shot required a fade, we would be stuck. Still, right now my tee game is probably the best part of my game.

I guess I would say a lag putt. It likely wouldn't go in, but it more than likely would be left with a tap in putt.

I plan on this over the weekend sir!

As for me...let me putt.

I nominate pudge for greenside bunker shots.

I'm also pretty good at using the rangefinder. :)
You will definitely be putting last this weekend. Also you may want to close your eyes when I putt,Don't want to mess you up to much with my terrible lines..lol.

If you ask my golf buddies they would all say tee shot but it's easy to hit a 40 yard wide fairway. When I have it going, I'm pretty good with a full LW from 90 yards. I expect to be inside of 10 feet.

Last edited:
Definitely the bunker guy. Never intimidated and results always duplicated. There is something about being in the sand, whether fairway or green side that I just enjoy. #beachmaster

Putt, definitely. Even under pressure, no sweat.

Give me a 12 footer or shorter putt with the SeeMore in hand. I'm confident in that situation.

125 and in, green side chips a specialty. Must keep driver out of my hands. Could be right down the middle of the fairway..or the highway adjacent to the course.

I'm your beer at the turn guy. Everything else is work in progress

Absolutely hands down, anything 40 to 60 yards to the pin.. I am killer accurate with my 60 degree wedge !!!! Its my favorite club .. I have an internal burst of confident excitement when I know its time to use it.. Its to the point, I don't even need yardage marks or numbers.. I can look at the pin from where I am and know, "its 60 time" .. always leaves me a consistent 5 to 10 foot putt.

Any wedge from 80 to 130 yards. Might not be 3 feet from the stick, but at least I know that I'm hitting greens and giving myself a chance of making the putt. Putting is pretty solid as well now.

Just keep me away from the driver, as my dispersion is roughly 400 yards at the moment.

Not sure what shot I can pull from. I guess I'd say any trouble shot or a drive needed in the fairway with some length

The 30-80 yard shot. Lob it, bump it. knock it down.. I am very confident I can get those shots close.

Not sure what shot I can pull from. I guess I'd say any trouble shot or a drive needed in the fairway with some length

I'd take any shot you would give me. But if I could take just one from you, it would definitely be the mid iron. I've seen you too many of those on the right spot on the green.

I'm your beer at the turn guy. Everything else is work in progress

And that may be the most important guy on the team!!

The putter....give me the putter Doc.

Give me a shot of 60-125, strongest part of my game right now.

Driver long and in the fairway (or close :D) all day long. I'm usually the guy they leave for last so I can either bomb it or make sure we have a shot from the fairway. No pressure for me with the driver, we are simpatico!

Probably best if I just drive the cart.

Me too.

I 6-putted from 4 feet in a tournament this weekend. Threw in a 4-putt and three 3-putts for good measure.

Sooooo at least I got that going for me.

Back