Rank the Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

I try to look at the quarterback and not the team as a whole. Wilson avgs about 200 yards passing a game and only has a 57% completion percentage in the 4th quarter. I just trust the other guys more, if we assume they all have the same weapons. I don't think Brady, Roethlisberger, etc., are washed up at all; they just don't have the teams around them to produce at a high level.

In 2012-13, RW had 8 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game-winning drives. Roethlisberger, during the same time frame, had only 3 4th quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives. Flacco was good but still only had 6 4th quarter comebacks and 8 game-winning drives. Just food for thought.

Wait I see Stats from 2 years ago in here...I thought we were saying now

In 2012-13, RW had 8 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game-winning drives. Roethlisberger, during the same time frame, had only 3 4th quarter comebacks and 3 game-winning drives. Flacco was good but still only had 6 4th quarter comebacks and 8 game-winning drives. Just food for thought.

Comebacks are a misleading stat. Why is the team losing at that point in the game?

Comebacks are a misleading stat. Why is the team losing at that point in the game?

Exactly.

All that shows is Wilson and the Seahawks were losing in the 4th quarter a lot.

The number 1 and 2 answers are Manning and Rodgers and not specifically in that order either. Everybody else is playing for a spot that doesn't matter.

If you watch football and have a decent understanding of the game, it's not possible to have a list of the top 6 without Luck. That's assuming you put Brees and Rivers above him, which could go either way for all 3.

LOL. I am satisfied with my top six, despite the insults. Luck not in sight either.

Sent from my SGH-T599 using Tapatalk

I haven't watched any football for years until this year.
I think it would be interesting to see what Austin Davis or Matt Ryan would do if you put them on the Broncos for a season.

1.) Peyton Manning
2.) Cam Newton, not even in top 20 without 100 yard running game.
3.) Brady
4.) Flacco
5.) Romo
6.) Luck
7.) Wilson
8.) Rogers
9.) Eli
10.) Rivers

I haven't seen Stafford play yet, but he might be good.

I haven't watched any football for years until this year.
I think it would be interesting to see what Austin Davis or Matt Ryan would do if you put them on the Broncos for a season.

1.) Peyton Manning
2.) Cam Newton, not even in top 20 without 100 yard running game.
3.) Brady
4.) Flacco
5.) Romo
6.) Luck
7.) Wilson
8.) Rogers
9.) Eli
10.) Rivers

I haven't seen Stafford play yet, but he might be good.

See, I think any top 10 qb could win with the broncos offense. They likely wouldn't touch Peyton numbers, but they'd win. The better question is how many could win with the weapons on the Patriots, or Jets. That list includes Manning, Rodgers, Brady, Luck, Rivers, Brees, and not much else.

Luck
Rodgers
Manning
Brady
Wilson
Brees
Ryan (can't judge him to harshly this year with that o line)
Flacco
Romo
Stafford

Well, I think that's the best list yet :alien:

Anyone that doesn't have Romo in their top 4-5 this year is smoking crack or hasn't watched him this year.

P Manning
Rodgers
Brady
Luck
Brees
Rivers
Wilson
Ryan
Stafford
Romo

Anyone that doesn't have Romo in their top 4-5 this year is smoking crack or hasn't watched him this year.

this year, through 7 games yes. The question was take one for a season though, you have to factor in the fact that at some point he'll go Romo on you

Yay! no Crack for me.

The important part of this thread is that there is only one quarterback being mentioned that poured tequila down my, now, wife's tank top at a bar.

I would agree with that if we are assuming this GM has also paid for one of the best offensive lines and running games, obviously we all see things under different scopes but I tried to place it under a scope of mediocre talent surrounding said qb

The important part of this thread is that there is only one quarterback being mentioned that poured tequila down my, now, wife's tank top at a bar.

would be such a good story if it was Russ

this year, through 7 games yes. The question was take one for a season though, you have to factor in the fact that at some point he'll go Romo on you

Maybe...he does have some built up credit now early in the season with a tougher road at the end.

Rank the Top 10 NFL Quarterbacks

I would agree with that if we are assuming this GM has also paid for one of the best offensive lines and running games, obviously we all see things under different scopes but I tried to place it under a scope of mediocre talent surrounding said qb

Funny....the biggest gripe even for the haters was if only Romo had help. Now he has it and we can finally see what he brings to a good game.

Funny....the biggest gripe even for the haters was if only Romo had help. Now he has it and we can finally see what he brings to a good game.

honestly I've always been one that believed in Romo's talent, he had a ridiculously bad offensive line and a worse defense. Looking like people are going to have to find a new punchline, unless he holds for kicks in Seattle in the conference finals

honestly I've always been one that believed in Romo's talent, he had a ridiculously bad offensive line and a worse defense. Looking like people are going to have to find a new punchline, unless he holds for kicks in Seattle in the conference finals
Wasn't that a wildcard game? Romo hasn't won that many playoff games.

But he is a top 5 QB this season. Without question.

Having one really good year, with the best line and best running game in the NFL, doesn't make you a top 5 QB. He's having a top 5 season thus far, but if I needed one guy for a season, as the question was put; he's not in my top 5. So, I guess I'll go fire up my spoon.

Back