Travis Mathew Spring Apparel Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I think I am in love with those pants!

I *get* wear shirt/tie to work everyday and part of that is always wearing "dress slacks". While I may not spring for the pants as golf clothing- they appear to be formal enough (with the pinstripped look) to get everyday use at work.

Are the pants in the first outfit white or light blue (my monitor is being funny and I can't tell)
What are the "style names" for each of the pants? I am on the site now and I can't figure out which ones you reviewed... although it sounds like they are all very well done.

• Admin
Gus,
The 1st pants are neither and are a seersucker type of pattern. If you click on each picture, they blow up rather quickly right in the frame. YOu can see the pattern perfectly and it is described in the review. We did not get model numbers, but if you email the company and explain that you saw it on our site, they will help you out, great customer service.

Thanks- emailing them now (and will post them when I get a reply).

My computer at work is stuck in the stoneage (IE 7) and I wasn't able to expand the pictures. I'll check it when I get home.
Thanks for the sweet pics though!

• Admin
Hopefully it works out well for you. We love the Travis Mathew stuff.

Great review JB...I really like that reversible belt.

They have some nice looking stuff :good:

No word back from the company...

It looks like outfit #2 is the "Blackjack grey" 2010 but I havent been able to identify the pants in outfit #1.
Either way- the pants are not available on TMs website... I found the blackjack grey at fairway style.

I wonder why their own website doesnt have the updated 2010 pants line.

the seersucker pants are really cool when paired with the white belt.....those would go great with the Freddy shoes.....hmmmmm

No word back from the company...

It looks like outfit #2 is the "Blackjack grey" 2010 but I havent been able to identify the pants in outfit #1.
Either way- the pants are not available on TMs website... I found the blackjack grey at fairway style.

I wonder why their own website doesnt have the updated 2010 pants line.

They do not sell the entire line on their site I dont believe. Some go only to retailers. Fairway styles is a great place.

the seersucker pants are really cool when paired with the white belt.....those would go great with the Freddy shoes.....hmmmmm

I 100% agree... I am just looking for the place to buy them! If you find it, be sure to let me know :)

I know in the past that TM has provided "discount" codes to golf websites where a lot of people have expressed interest in their clothing. Perhaps if this drums up enough attention (Heck- if I could find them on the site, they would have already gotten me for 2 pairs of pants) a magic 25% off code could end up in our laps :)

::Crosses fingers::
::Waits for email::
::Wants new pants::

So I was finally able to hunt down a pair of the Grey blackjack pants (outfit #1)... they came yesterday, and all I can say is that they are amazingly comfortable. The fabric has just the right amount of give without feeling "stretchy". The back pockets have a traditional button look to them but are actually "normal" pockets for ease of use, and the Ipod pocket is really slick.

The best part about the pants though is just their overall apperance. They have a very nice shimmer to them in addition to the quality pinstripe look. I compared them side by side to a couple pairs of my suit pants and if I didn't know better would assume they were designed as dress pants. For overall wearing, they have a long inseam and a medium rise with legs that taper nicely.

As I mentioned before, I got the pants almost entirely to wear to work and these certianly do not look out of place with a shirt and tie. I got several compliments my first day on the quality and appearance of the pants. It is really hard to imagine wearing pants this nice on a golf course (though at some point I am sure I will).

Now I am just waiting on a pair of TM pants that are white with a grey pinstripe/accent. They are 100% cotton so I am interested in seeing how they turn out in person. I'll keep you all updated!

Thanks THP for turning me on to these FANTASTIC pants!

That's great Gus! Congrat's on the new pants. I love when golf apparel can get dual uses as both work and play pants. Thanks for the updates :smile:

Yesterday was a magic day for me...
My white sear slacks from travisMathew arrived (in addition to the reversible belt featured on the review!). Got a chance to bust them out today and I thought I would let everyone know what my thoughts were on them.

Looks
There is nothing about these to not like. They have a wonderful seersucker pattern that gives the pants a lot of life. From a close distance they look like a grey pinstrip and from a longer distance the pants appear to be a slate grey. Middle distances they have a really cool shimmer to them that really attracts attention.

Cut
These, like my other pair of TM pants, have a wonderful athletic cut. The leg taper is just right and it hangs nicely on my frame. I have a full range of movement and a lot of flex in the rise of the pants without them ever appearing baggy. It is a really light weight fabric (I could walk 18 in these during a WI summer) but the legs have just enough weight to keep the pant legs straight and crisp. These are going to become my go-to pants for really warm days at the hospital.

The waist in these pants feels a hair smaller than some other 32s I wear. In general I wear loose 32, comfortable 33, or a tight 34. I had to choose between 32 and 34 so I went with the smaller size because, in my experience, pants like these don't look too sharp cinched in a belt. That said, it was a little tighter than I expected though it has been so long since I weighed myself that it could be me and not the pants. :D Not a big issue in the long run though, as I can still easily button and wear them with tucked in shirts.

The last bit about the pants that I find very impressive is, traditionally, seersucker patterns have a lot of "misses" in the pattern. These are areas of much more dark thread, or a bead of black/grey, thatdon't usually stand out unless you are staring at the pants but they still bother me on my other slacks. These seem to have very few that I can find. The couple that are present are on the seems and in places that arent very noticeable. +1 for good quality control!

The last piece I got was the belt featured in the review. I have always wanted a white belt but have been deathly scared that I would be wasting my money on something that I wouldnt wear very often. The fact that it is reversible and has a nice texture to the black (which no other belt I own has) makes this a much easier purchase. The belt itself seems very study and will hold up well to a lot of use. The style feature I like most about it is the thin black outline around the white belt, as it provides a wonderful accent for the color. This helps separate and highlight the white belt so it doesnt wash out into the rest of the outfit.

That's all I got for now. I am sure that the fall line will do some more damage to my wallet. Next on the list is a pair or two of shorts so I can make use of the wonderful ipod pocket at the range!

Last edited:
Back