Taylormade Stand Bag Recommendations

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a new Taylormade Stand Bag. Any recommendations?

I currently use a Nike Sasquatch Tour that has all 14 dividers, and it works well, but if I want to put a bigger grip on my putter I can't because it won't fit.

As a side note, I'd love to get a Special Edition bag from say one of the Majors, or a cool branded one.

Any advice and ideas are welcome. Bring 'em on!

Wow, there are tons of good TM bags on the market. I like hte looks of the new R9 stand bag. But the 2010 Pure Lite is very cool as well.

I have the British Open Staff Bag from a few years ago, but they dont make a whole lot of Special Editions in stand bags I do not think.

I use the Burner stand bag from last year. I really like it because it's lightweight, the straps are comfortable for carrying, it seems to be made well, and there are plenty of pockets.

Only downside to me is that I would like more dividers. You should be able to get it at a pretty good price now. I think I paid 100.00 for it back in November 2009.

I'm in the market for a new Taylormade Stand Bag. Any recommendations?

I currently use a Nike Sasquatch Tour that has all 14 dividers, and it works well, but if I want to put a bigger grip on my putter I can't because it won't fit.

As a side note, I'd love to get a Special Edition bag from say one of the Majors, or a cool branded one.

Any advice and ideas are welcome. Bring 'em on!

hybrid supreme is nicer looking in person than in catalogue pictures ... i'll snap a picture or two and post later ... got the red/black expecting the red to look fire engine silly red but was very pleased ... i think the subtle design in the nylon contributes to it looking nice ... plenty of pockets ... insulated pocket with drainage ... only issue i have with it is the clubs dont slide down and out easily ... but that also might mean its keeping them protected inside better with dense dividers ...

hybrid supreme is nicer looking in person than in catalogue pictures ... i'll snap a picture or two and post later ... got the red/black expecting the red to look fire engine silly red but was very pleased ... i think the subtle design in the nylon contributes to it looking nice ... plenty of pockets ... insulated pocket with drainage ... only issue i have with it is the clubs dont slide down and out easily ... but that also might mean its keeping them protected inside better with dense dividers ...

That's great, can't wait to see the pics.

I game last year's TM Monza Featherweight bag in white. Love the looks of it, and it has all the pocket and dividers that I need, plus it's very light.

I game last year's TM Monza Featherweight bag in white. Love the looks of it, and it has all the pocket and dividers that I need, plus it's very light.

That's good to know, I bought the last bag based upon dividers and now I think I've got to find a middle ground with maybe a little more emphasis on weight, or lack there of!

That's good to know, I bought the last bag based upon dividers and now I think I've got to find a middle ground with maybe a little more emphasis on weight, or lack there of!

Maybe it is because I am used to backpacking and walking 18 doesnt feel bad at all, but I think weight for a stand bag is a little over emphasized.

By the time you add your clubs, balls, waterbottle, etc, etc, the 2 lb difference between bags isnt really noticable. However, the straps are KEY. If you get a bag with good straps it doesn't matter how heavy it is, it will still feel better than a light bag with mediocre straps.

Just my two cents.

Maybe it is because I am used to backpacking and walking 18 doesnt feel bad at all, but I think weight for a stand bag is a little over emphasized.

By the time you add your clubs, balls, waterbottle, etc, etc, the 2 lb difference between bags isnt really noticable. However, the straps are KEY. If you get a bag with good straps it doesn't matter how heavy it is, it will still feel better than a light bag with mediocre straps.

Just my two cents.

Agree, especially if you have metal shafted irons and carry more than 3 balls. My bag itself weighs less than 5 pounds, but my clubs, gear, and (lots of) balls probably weigh 20-25 lbs.

I, too, have a TaylorMade stand bag. It has just the right amount of pockets for everything and a great divider section for easier organization of my clubs. Except, when I include my LW in my bag, it'll share a slot with my PW.

I have the TM Pure Lite stand bag that I won here in a contest last summer. It is a great bag if you are walking. Fits pretty well on the cart too. If you like to walk and don't need to carry a lot of extra stuff this is a great bag. I don't use it all the time since the extra storage is minimal. Not awful mind you, just not as much as my other bag. Especially in the spring and fall, I like to pack extra gloves, small towels, a light jacket and/or a rain jacket and pants if necessary. I am a pack rat when I play sometimes and the weather here can be pretty unpredictable until summer.

Overall, a great bag. It just doesn't have a ton of bulk storage space. Of course, it is a lightweight carry bag, so it isn't supposed to.

That's great, can't wait to see the pics.

need to download some software on computer before i can upload the pictures ... may not be able to get to it tonight ... will try though ... did take a few pics with phone (phone software needs updating with new computer) ... was pretty sunny so not sure how they turned out until i post them ...

will say about the features that they are actually nice ... good size insulated pocket ... will hold 4 big bottles of G2 ... maybe more ... large pocket for balls tees etc ... and handful of other pockets ...

as mentioned the clubs dont go down and come out easily but i should qualify that my saying i dont mean its difficult either ... it's really because the inside of the bag is padded with a material that keeps the shafts still (which is good) but that sticks to the grips (which isnt so good, but not a big deal) so that its not smooth putting them in and taking them out ...

overall i'd recommend the bag ... and looks wise ... it's certainly a nice looking bag ...

here you are ice ... phone pics so quality not great ... i can bring out my regular camera some other time for high res pics ... but you get a general idea here ... so new haven't taken tags/plastic off ... nice design ... clubs look good in bag ... functional ... as i said i definitely recommend it ... for what its worth i chose this over the r9 stand bag the pure lite bag .the burner bag and even the cart bags believing this was their best bag of the bunch (not including staff bags) ...

9352218637a12482518501l.jpg

9352218637a12482518516l.jpg

9352218637a12482518539l.jpg

9352218637a12482518560l.jpg

9352218637a12482518586l.jpg

Check ebay or Golfsmith stores. sometimes you get lucky and a tour rep or employee sells one for cheap or the company will offload one at a particular store. I know for a fact ebay has this years TM masters bag.

Back