Srixon Z F45 Fairway Wood, Z H45 Hybrid, and Z U45 Utility Preview

I absolutely agree here. A bit smaller than what I'm used to, but it's not unforgiving in the least. Taken me a while to get used to, but I'm starting to see some really good results (at least at the range - but on course is a me issue, not an equipment issue).

Agreed. It is smaller, but it flat out performs. I really love this 3 wood. It has gotten more use off the tee than ANY three wood I have ever used.

I just wanted to bump this thread again because the while the driver and irons have gotten a lot of buzz recently, there hasn't been a lot of talk about the fairways. I'm really starting to really love this club, both off the tee and the deck. Like the driver, I think the KK shaft is just about a perfect match. Love the sound too. Nice and solid.

One of the holes on my home course has a relatively tight drive off the tee with a dogleg left - I've been able to take way more aggresive lines than I have in the past as I've gotten used to the F45. Probably 2 clubs less in the green than I'm used to taking.

I just wanted to bump this thread again because the while the driver and irons have gotten a lot of buzz recently, there hasn't been a lot of talk about the fairways. I'm really starting to really love this club, both off the tee and the deck. Like the driver, I think the KK shaft is just about a perfect match. Love the sound too. Nice and solid.

One of the holes on my home course has a relatively tight drive off the tee with a dogleg left - I've been able to take way more aggresive lines than I have in the past as I've gotten used to the F45. Probably 2 clubs less in the green than I'm used to taking.

Good bump. The feel of this is really solid. Compact at address. Really solid and confidence inspiring. I use it off the tee more than most FW's

I saw these in the flesh the other day for the first time ant they do look awesome.

really interested in the hybrids, the sole of it looked very flat which surprised me after clevelands glide rail offerings recently, I thought they might do something similar. I struggled with cleveland hybrids ( mashie and classic) which I know worked well for so many, just not me) so am keen to see if these work for me.

I'm with you Richie. Have wanted to take some swings with one of these to see what they offer. Wondering how playable they are. The driver was pretty user friendly, but the fairway wood was something I'd consider to be for better players.

I'd agree with you Hawk. It's definitely a bit more demanding than the fairways I've played in the past - crazy that my 3w is smaller than my 5w, or at least the same size. But when you get it on the screws, this club is long. It's been a great driver replacement for me.

I loved the look of these and can't wait to hit them. Hearing they might be more of a better player isn't sitting well. If that's she case may have to check out the CG black FW.

I loved the look of these and can't wait to hit them. Hearing they might be more of a better player isn't sitting well. If that's she case may have to check out the CG black FW.

Definitely give them a shot - I honestly think the profile makes them look a bit more demanding than they actually play. I haven't had a ton of issues getting used to the 3W (though I mainly use it off the tee), but it is definitely a lot smaller looking than I'm used to. I've made this comparison to a couple of other folks, but if you want to to compare to another company's line, the 588 is more along the lines of the X2Hot and the F45 is closer to the Bertha. Definitely a little smaller profile. I'd actually really, really like to get ahold of the 4W.

Definitely give them a shot - I honestly think the profile makes them look a bit more demanding than they actually play. I haven't had a ton of issues getting used to the 3W (though I mainly use it off the tee), but it is definitely a lot smaller looking than I'm used to. I've made this comparison to a couple of other folks, but if you want to to compare to another company's line, the 588 is more along the lines of the X2Hot and the F45 is closer to the Bertha. Definitely a little smaller profile. I'd actually really, really like to get ahold of the 4W.

Thanks for the comparison thoughts. The whole Srixon line has my attention. It's been awhile since I gamed a full set of one OEM but this might be the one that gets a full set or a combo with the CG black

I've played 27 holes and had a couple range sessions with the 15* 3W and the 19* hybrid. Love both. Hit the HY from 205 into a pretty decent wind to a par 5 green tonight to 8 feet for eagle. Which I missed left by a half inch. But still a memorable shot into that wind, for me. The turf interaction of both clubs is outstanding for my swing. The 3W does look tiny but it's more due to its shape than actual size in my opinion. I put it down next to a G25 and surprisingly there wasn't that much difference in size. The shape of the woods reminds me a lot of how Epon hides the size of their woods with the rounded rear lines.

Played the 913Fd all season prior to this and while I found it easy enough to use, this Srixon is easier to launch for sure, for me. It's pretty forgiving across the face as well, and without a ton of gear effect, a problem I have with woods on toe strikes becoming hooky. This one just draws back to the target line which I find very valuable.

Both launch mid high but without an excess of spin. Hit into a head wind at range and neither ballooned on me. I haven't messed with the weight on the 3W but have gone to the heavier 11g weight in the driver. Just am not seeing the need to change anything with the launch of the 3W yet.

The KK shaft in these are plenty stable to flex IMO but they aren't particularly special in terms of feel to me. May eventually try the UST Chrome TSPX in these clubs as they too are high balance point and really fit my swing well when I've tried them in other clubs. I saw improvements in ball speed, feel, and dispersion versus other premium shafts I've used such as Speeder 7.2 TS, Diamana W 70, etc.

Awesome info. Just what I was looking for.

I'd say this is true. They are more forgiving than they appear. Smaller profile, but plenty of forgiveness.

I was starting to loose a little faith in the 15 degree 3W as of late as I was pulling everything to the left with it. I decided to loft up this AM in the backyard driving range and I think I found something that worked. Much higher flight and I found my little cutter again. I was going to add the 11g weight to it as a final straw move but this seems to be doing the trick. We shall see.

Srixon Z F45 Fairway Wood, Z H45 Hybrid, and Z U45 Utility Preview

Need to hit these hybrids.....
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414709004.979225.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414708948.366697.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414708948.366697.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 0
That was them today in the store....much bigger face than the 588's....which I liked a lot.

That was them today in the store....much bigger face than the 588's....which I liked a lot.

Given the size of the fairway, this surprises me. Now I'm really intrigued. I know what I'm spending my store credit on...

Yea that hybrid deserves a swing or two.

Went and hit the hybrid today. Yeah, I need one of these. Launches a bit lower than the 588, and did nothing but go straight for me.

Also hit the 4w, which was just about perfect for me. Hit it much better off the deck than I do my 3w.

Had a much better day w/ the 3W....lofting up helped a lot.

Great to hear about the hybrid...I'm really wanting one.

Went and hit the hybrid today. Yeah, I need one of these. Launches a bit lower than the 588, and did nothing but go straight for me.

Also hit the 4w, which was just about perfect for me. Hit it much better off the deck than I do my 3w.

Agree on the 4 wood strategy. It changed my FW game.

JM

Thanks. This just throws more wrinkles into how I set up my bag. For sure 5-pw and RTX 2.0 50/54/58(maybe some bending on loft). Debating on 4h, 3h, 3w/4w...or going with a 3or 4h and then 3/4w

Thanks. This just throws more wrinkles into how I set up my bag. For sure 5-pw and RTX 2.0 50/54/58(maybe some bending on loft). Debating on 4h, 3h, 3w/4w...or going with a 3or 4h and then 3/4w

Just me, but ideally I'd play the 3h/4h/4w combo. Hitting on the range today, the 3h and 4w looked like they gapped just about perfectly for me. But, different strokes for different folks.

Just me, but ideally I'd play the 3h/4h/4w combo. Hitting on the range today, the 3h and 4w looked like they gapped just about perfectly for me. But, different strokes for different folks.

Thanks. I was looking to keep the gap to 2-3* from the 4i/4h thru my 3/4w. I think your gapping experience on the range is the confirmation I needed. Now it's about getting toe test and get distances figured out to make final decision

Nice dude! Pull the trigger :)

Back