The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tough loss for ole miss. They deserved that one.

Auburn played about as poorly as I have seen them play in a while. Sloppy penalties and lackluster offense.

Not sure I would say Ole Miss deserved it. Critical turnovers cost them.

Auburn played about as poorly as I have seen them play in a while. Sloppy penalties and lackluster offense.

I would agree, Ole Miss' defense didn't live up to billing at all. Auburn let them off the hook too much.

Not sure what happened to Auburns d these past two weeks. Regressed back to 09-13 form. I guess the first half of the season was a mirage

Lackluster offense?

35 points and 507 yards?

I know how the Gus Bus operates first hand, and that was a pretty solid job of dismantling a defense who hadn't given up 20 points all year.

Lackluster offense?

35 points and 507 yards?

I know how the Gus Bus operates first hand, and that was a pretty solid job of dismantling a defense who hadn't given up 20 points all year.

I was more referring to the last few possessions where we could have iced the game, yet we couldn't muster a first down to kill the clock.

Don't get me wrong, offense was solid for most of the game. But some definite issues with execution on some drives that would have put this game away a lot sooner.

Lackluster offense?

35 points and 507 yards?

507 yards should lead to more than 35 points.

I gotta say, I never needed to watch a football game as bad as I needed that. I only watched the second half bit for that time, I forgot about today's events.

No. 7 Gorillas Claim Business-Like 41-10 Victory Over Lions

JOPLIN, Mo. – Seventh-ranked Pittsburg State University scored 41 unanswered points after an early 3-0 deficit and rolled to a 41-10 victory over Missouri Southern State University Saturday (Nov. 1). The Gorillas (8-1, 8-1 MIAA) claimed their fifth straight victory, while snapping the Lions (4-5, 4-5 MIAA) modest two-game win streak. Pitt State also secured its 27[SUP]th[/SUP] Miner's Bowl victory over Southern in 29 years. A modest crowd of 6,978 fans took in the contest at Fred G. Hughest Stadium.

Quarterback Anthony Abenoja passed for 267 yards and three touchdowns, including a pair of scoring strikes to wide receiver Gavin Lutman. Backup quarterback Ramsey Hamilton also rushed for a pair of scores and place kicker Connor Frazell booted a pair of first-half field goals. Safety Jason Peete registered a pair of interceptions against Southern's Scott Lathrop.

The Lions drove the ball 63 yards on the game's opening drive, but settled for a 29-yard Brock Renken field goal when the Pitt State defense stiffened at its own 12.

The Gorillas countered with an efficient seven-play, 70-yard drive. Hamilton scored from a yard out to put Pitt State in front, 7-3, with 4:51 to play in the opening period.

Pitt State made it 14-3 when Abenoja hit Lutman for a 16-yard scoring play that capped an 87-yard drive. Frazell added kicks of 35 and 29 yards in the second quarter to swell the margin to 20-3 at halftime. A Peete interception set up Frazell's second kick with 1:14 remaining in the second period.

The Gorillas immediately stretched their margin in the third quarter, taking the opening drive 84 yards. Hamilton scored on a three-yard run. Abenoja added a 13-yard TD pass to Lutman and a 39-yard score to Marquise Cushon early in the fourth quarter to stretch make it a 41-3 game with 14:16 to play in the game.

MSSU broke up the 41-point run with a 56-yard scoring pass from Lathrop to Anthony Cannon, who finished the game with six catches for a game-high 160 yards.

The Gorillas finished the game with 438 total yards. Pitt State gained 171 yards on the ground, including a game-high 73 yards from redshirt freshman Michael Rose.

Heath Wilson made a game-high 11 tackles including a quarterback sack and two tackles-for-loss.

The Lions finished the game with 292 total yards with 133 yards coming against Pitt State reserves in the final period after the Gorillas had built the 38-point margin.

Pitt State will return to Brandenburg Field/Carnie Smith Stadium to face the University of Central Missouri for Senior Day next Saturday (Nov. 8) at 2 p.m. (CST).

http://www.pittstategorillas.com/news/2014/11/1/FB_1101145417.aspx

They could do an entire 30 For 30 episode on Auburn winning on freak plays the last few years. Insane.

Arizona State wins in OT against Utah and Arizona lost putting the Sun Devils in first in the South of the Pac-12. Next up, the Irish.

4 teams in front of OSU lost yesterday...works for me

Only one top 10 team lost this week, it felt like everyone of them nearly did.

Gus Malzahn dancing to MC Hammer.

Auburn should show this GIF everytime they score:

jrdrlvsd1brt9lisvhc8.gif

Went to the Ole Miss game this weekend. I won't rehash it. It was very cold. Our players took idiotic penalties and forgot how to tackle. It was hard to really celebrate the victory with the injury to Treadwell. He's such a great player.

Division 2 poll. Pitt State moves up to #6.

RANKSCHOOLRECORDPOINTSPREVIOUS
1Minnesota State-Mankato (28)9-07701
2Minnesota-Duluth (1)9-07432
3Lenoir-Rhyne (2)9-07154
4Ferris State9-06775
5Bloomsburg9-06436
6Pittsburg State8-16087
7Northwest Missouri State8-15808
8Colorado State-Pueblo8-15369
9Ouachita Baptist8-046613
10Winston-Salem8-144411
11Ohio Dominican7-143712
12Delta State7-140219
13Concord9-038315
14Henderson State8-137714
15North Alabama7-13723
16Harding7-131317
17Sioux Falls8-130410
18West Chester8-125020
19Colorado Mines8-124418
20Michigan Tech7-118321
21Shepherd7-115722
22Ashland8-114123
23Azusa Pacific8-110424
24Carson-Newman6-27716
25Indianapolis8-148NR

Love number 4 smallville .. Good ole Ferris . They always have a great team.. A great little stadium

the claim to fame was a player named Monte Brown . I believe he always stayed special teams in the NFL. But he had some great talent .. Later he turned to professional wrestling in minor circuits

I still think the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl and the two best names for college football rivalry games!

The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Two games here in Akron area tonight. Kent State vs Toledo and Akron vs Bowling Green. I'll be heading to the Akron game...hope the rain holds out. Not looking too good right now.

I still think the Egg Bowl and the Iron Bowl and the two best names for college football rivalry games!
Clean Old Fashion Hate is a darn good rivalry name. That's what Georgia Tech and Georgia call the game. Less and less clean these days from fans though. Players keep it clean. Many of them played with and against each other in rec leagues and high school.

It's a little wet...
a55cddbd7d97f488b93fd666ccd1c90a.jpg

Sun Devils are at #9 and Jackets at #24 in tonight's new College Football Playoff Committee rankings. That makes me happy!

The top 5 looks pretty spot on to me. I like what the they are doing so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back