Confessions: who hid some of the candy before wife threw it away.

Speedliner

Reaction score
Handicap
I'm guilty. Wife took all left over candy, including the kids that we "buy back" from them to keep their sugar down, to work today.

While she was in the shower I took a few Milky Way and Kit Kat bars out and stuck them in my Study desk drawer.

Guilty as charged, but happy.

My wife wants me to take them to work to share, hahaha

lol! Well done!

My wife is actually the one that held back candy from handing out that she liked. So I am not the guilty one (even though I will share a little in the spoils), she is!

I just go out and buy all the candy I want! haha

I just go out and buy all the candy I want! haha

I survived all of Halloween w/o candy. Cider donuts are a different story.:hungry:

Who throws candy away???

I am in the precarious position of having to eat pretty much all the candy. All the left over candy and most of the candy my daughter got. My daughter has too many food allergies to eat most of it, so I buy it off of her and then she uses the money to buy something she wants, like art stuff, anything princess related, etc. And my wife is still nursing my son, who has a dairy allergy, so she can't eat any.

It was tough not directing my daughter which candy to take at each house. Just saying, there is such a thing as too many mini Snickers.

Not me. My son honestly got crappy candy this year.

(raises hand...)

Guilty here! My daughter tossed 4 or 5 Milky Ways in the fridge for me. She knows they're my favorite and I swear that I didn't put her up to it! Really appreciated her thinking of me before all the stuff was given away. :)

Goodwill-Gilly.jpeg

I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. Kids kept their hall but the rest was sent to kids school.

We did not have any candy left over and my boys did not trick or treat being 16 years and older. So I wish to have some. But live without unless I buy.

First year in my life I had absolutely ZERO pieces of halloween candy.

That clearly changes next year and every one after with Charlotte arriving.

Costco had 30 packs of full size candy bars for $14. When my wife and I were checking out, the cashier said that the kids in our neighborhood were going to love us. Jokes on her, we don't even turn the lights on if we're home.

I'll just say that the Reece's Peanut Butter Cups went missing

I had a few co-workers who bought all the rest of their candy to work, so I didn't have to hid anything, I can just eat what they brought. lol

I had nothing to do with the Halloween candy from beginning to end. My wife had dum-dums and jolly-ranchers for the trick-or-treaters neither of which I have any interest in. I may have to get rid of them because my 2 yo is constantly asking for a sucker. She knows they're in the bowl and telling her "no" is a constant battle.

Are you kidding? My girlfriend likes candy wayyyyy more than I do haha, so we kept all the leftovers.

My son has offered me some of his own trick or treat candy so that's cool. :)

Not me, I just buy extra for me lol

I'd hate to be in a marriage where I had to "hide" candy, oh and Halloween only comes once a year so my kids enjoyed every piece they got!

Way to kill a joke earth! I doubt anyone really needs their spouse' permission to have some candy.

We do encourage the kids to give up most of their candy though with an eye towards lifelong habits. Trick or Treat yields a big harvest here filling half of a pillow case. Between birthday parties, holidays and get togethers there is always some junk arriving at their table. They don't need to eat 5lbs of candy in a week or two until the next event brings more. So we offer a buyback exchange of a few weeks' allowance for most, not all of their candy. It's voluntary, but they've always taken the deal.

We did good this year not buying candy in advance (that would have been eaten and replaced), but my wife decided at the last minute we didn't have enough and bought two more big bags. Between the rain keeping the kid numbers down, and my kids hauls which they are very picky about what they will eat, we have more than enough sugar in the house right now even after a couple of days of trying to eat through the problem.

I did find it interesting that we had a note on Friday from the boys school pleading for us to not send candy with the kids this week. Understandable of course.

Back