Taped my swing tonight...thoughts?

11.4 handicap in 3 years? Wow! Great work and keep it up.
As far as the weight thing... congratulations!
I often see a little posture change for me when my weight goes up and down. I don't know if that has any correlation but for me right now, my posture looks like your 4th one with my head down a little more.

One thing I was told by my golf pro was to turn the feet out so they are in a v shape rather than than pointing straight ahead as this promotes greater hip turn!

This is old school way of teaching. There is a great deal of power loss if you turn your foot out.
One thing I was told by my golf pro was to turn the feet out so they are in a v shape rather than than pointing straight ahead as this promotes greater hip turn!

This is old school way of teaching. There is a great deal of power loss if you turn your foot out.
Does that power loss come from the increased hip turn because there is no torque or coil created?

That is exactly where is comes from. Power comes from the coil of the upper body against the lower
Does that power loss come from the increased hip turn because there is no torque or coil created?

I have heard different teachers encourage the front foot to be flared a little but back foot to be squared up. Are yours saying have both feet square?

I have heard different teachers encourage the front foot to be flared a little but back foot to be squared up. Are yours saying have both feet square?
The flared front foot was a Hogan thing. Some treat it as gospel.

That's a way better set up

Back