Looking at hybrids as a budget golfer...

ARandomHerdFan

Reaction score
Handicap
I've been testing out hybrids over the last couple of months in an effort to replace my old 3-iron.

It seems like each month, newer models come out with heftier and heftier price tags... as a guy who hasn't been out of college very long, it's not really feasible to go after something top of the line as soon as it hits the stores. I'm looking for good quality at a decent price...

I've been looking at some of the previous generations, and have had relatively good results hitting the Adams a3OS hybrids out on the range. I've also tried out the older Burners from TaylorMade.

I just wanted to get a few ideas from the experts on good older models that might fit my budget a little better than a newer club. I'm somewhere between beginner and intermediate.

Thanks in advance! :D

Nickent! 3dx RC's. Nice nice hybrids!! And should be quite cheap now.

Nickent would probably be the best for a budget right now. Still some of the best made and because the company recently closed, you can get them for next to nothing.

Nickent, Wilson Fybrids(budgetgolf.com), check out the THP hybrid shootout from last year.

I have been looking at the Nickent hybrids, but could not find any locally to test.

I noticed that there was a DC and an RC... I couldn't find a difference, though.

I love my Nickent 4dx hybrids. I bought them on a whim and they ended up replacing my Cobra Baffler TWS hybrids.

I have been looking at the Nickent hybrids, but could not find any locally to test.

I noticed that there was a DC and an RC... I couldn't find a difference, though.

3dx RC's are much better. High launching very easy to hit. Donno what your handicap is, but if you are a better player look at the Nickent 4dx's. Those were tricky to use for me. If you have a bit more to spend, the 5dx's are really really nice. You can get them for 50.00 each. The 3dx RC's must be 30 a piece? Maybe less?

+Infiniti on the Wilson and Nickent reccomendations.

Fybrids are long and easy to hit, 5dx's are even longer. I used to play the dc's and hated them, WAY harder to hit than the rc's or 4dx/5dx ones IMO.

Are there multiple Fybrid lines, or just one?

There is a new 2010 line. It has been said that they are even better than the 2008's. You can get the 2008's for great prices right now.

Budget? What? :confused2:

There is a new 2010 line. It has been said that they are even better than the 2008's. You can get the 2008's for great prices right now.

44 bucks at Budgetgolf.com with only $6 UPS Ground Shipping

got my fybrid 4h in today. Went straight to the course, hit 3 or 4 times during the round. Club felt fantastic, nice high ball flight. I originally planned to go back and forth with a 4 iron and 4h. Based on today, I don't see the 4 iron going back in the bag any time soon. If you are still looking for a great budget hybrid, this club line is for you!

I just love the sound of the FY-brid.

If my sister hadn't got me an adams a7 3h in April I might have been tempted to get the Fybrid Bridge club

Last edited:
If my sister haden't got me an adams a7 3h in April I might have been tempted to get the Fybrid Bridge club

I like the bridge, but I don't use it more than a few time in a round. Its good for a a long approach from the rough. I will also use it off the tee on long par 3's. I get anywhere from 175 to 190 with a piercing trajectory depending on the shot.

I got a chance to hit the Fybrid today, and loved the feeling. In fact, I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up purchasing them.

If I get the Fybird bridge club, should I even need the 3h, or should I get the 3h and not the bridge?

Depends on your yardage gap but I don't use a 3h. I use the bridge in place of a 5 wood. Works for me well that way.

My 3h is an adams 19 degrees....I know the wilson is 21 so I guess it depends on your yardages.

+1 for the Nickents. I know my golfsmith here has them for under $100. Id try looking around too, I actually got my brand new Nickent 4dx 2H at play it again sports for $29 :)

I actually alternate between 5dx 3h and 4h and the Fybrid bridge and 4h. Like I said before, both awesome. The fybrids just have an awesome persimmon like sound to them, so sweet.

I can get a new Nickent 4DX 3 hybrid for $50...

What do you guys think?

Sounds like a good deal to me.

I have Adams Idea A3's(3&4) I really like them. Minimal offset to get the ball in the air easier. The 3 is 19* the 4 is 22*. Nice high ball flight and very forgiving. My 2 cents.

I finally made my decision, and picked up a :nickent: 4DX for my bag.

I'd like to thank everyone for the advice... I'm pumped!

Back