A thread for SoCal golfers.

Playing Saticoy Country Club this am. A buddy of mine joined, and is trying to get me to do likewise. I get a free round to check it out.

What course is that pictured above Johan?

Yes sir. Oak quarry on a beautiful morning just catching the sun rise on the way to the first hole.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Well, I played Saticoy County Club, and it was a beauty!

It kicked my butt though. I was striking the ball as well as I can, but still barely broke 100!

First 2-3 holes I was just really nervous, and was playing out of the sand...but after that I really had my stroke going nicely, but the greens are really hard to read, the front slopes are steel enough to have you roll back off, but if you hit it too far, you're off the back side. You really have to land your approach shot strategically (I normally just aim for the pin, or center of the green).
I went there for the free round only, and absolutely no chance I'd consider joining.
Now, I'm seriously considering it.
The wife will not be too happy about that!
My favorite course I've played thus far in SoCal (previously Tierra Rejada).

Anyone playing Tuesday for the Holiday?

Time for Oak Quarry

Been trying to talk my buddy into making the trip north. This course looks awesome.

Groupon has a deal at Sterling Hills GC in Camarillo. $50 for unlimited golf. (sometimes there's a 20% code online)
I'm playing there on Wednesday; will try to squeeze in 3 rounds.

The greens are in pretty good shape

Groupon has a deal at Sterling Hills GC in Camarillo. $50 for unlimited golf. (sometimes there's a 20% code online)
I'm playing there on Wednesday; will try to squeeze in 3 rounds.
I'll be up that way next week. Maybe Wens. thru Sunday. I'm sure playing a few rounds if you want to jump in.

South of the boarder in Brazil for a spell.

Back from Brazil with a snapped collar bone. No golf for 6 weeks.

Back from Brazil with a snapped collar bone. No golf for 6 weeks.

Dang man that sucks! How did that happen???

Kitesurf kitemare. Part of the high risk extremely sports game.

Actually feeling better already. May not have been broken only bruised.

Lets hope so!

Pretty excited to be bringing #theking to SoCal.

As are we. Hoping to get in on this one.

I'm going out in the rain today; I'm actually really excited about it. It should be a fun experience. Might be hard to smoke a stogie though.

Elkins Ranch.

Pretty excited to be bringing #theking to SoCal.

When you announced a west coast event I was :thankyou:. Then you announced it was going to be held in San Diego and I was :banana:. Then you announced it was #theking and now I'm like :egyptian::joy:. I want in on this event. Looking forward to doing what I can to attend what would be my first THP event

I live in San Diego. Hope to get in on this as well. Where can I find details?

Exciting stuff! We need to represent SoCal (And our NoCal brethren!)

Excited to hopefully get into my first THP event as well. All ive heard about them is that they are the greatest golf experience so i cant wait to try!

Even if some of us can't make the king, it would be awesome for a large get together in the San Diego area around that time. Might even fall along the lines of #EpicProportions

Back