Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
Here are some early pictures of the Adams Idea Black Super Hybrid. I am not sure these pictures come close to doing this club justice this is truly a thing of beauty. A review will follow shortly.

849844217_GHgDR-L-1.jpg

849843899_TK6g7-L-1.jpg

849843955_WGKw9-L-1.jpg

849843844_hqxZG-L-1.jpg

849844083_MogAJ-L-1.jpg

damn that is a hot looking stick! strictly for 'better players' though from what I've initially read?

I saw this thing in person and it is stunning. Best looking hybrid and shaft combo I've seen. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one.

I saw this thing in person and it is stunning. Best looking hybrid and shaft combo I've seen. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on this one.

did you hit it biggsy?

That is an amazing looking combination. I hope it proves to be super!

damn that is a hot looking stick! strictly for 'better players' though from what I've initially read?

TH,
I believe you are thinking of the last Idea Pro Black. This one is geared towards everybody.

That is a sexy looking club (that's what she said) but it looks big (again, that's what she said) for a hybrid. Looks more like a 3W.

That is a sexy looking club (that's what she said) but it looks big (again, that's what she said) for a hybrid. Looks more like a 3W.

I was about to say the same thing. Very wood-looking.

i agree kevin and smalls, it looks a lot like the fybrid or the tm rescue, although the stealth look is fantastic. i'm looking forward to this review.

I agree with the last few posts above me.. is this meant to be a hybrid or is it their idea of cutting into the fairway wood market? Though I don't own one, I thought the idea of a hybrid was to move through the rough easier, in places that a thicker club (which this is) wouldn't be as effective.

There really are two kinds of hybrids. Those that are similar to irons and those that have more depth to the head. Adams now has both. Similar to that of the Fybrid line as they get to the lower lofts and quite a few others. We will be taking it out to the rough and seeing how it slides through.

biggsy will be the 1st to take this one out on the course tomorrow for a test drive. This thing looks AWESOME!

I can't wait to hit this beauty. This club is stunning.

I am looking forward to your comments.

He played with it yesterday and I am sure will chime in soon. All I can say, is I was glad to see the finish holds up pretty well.

Too bad no one makes a more upright hybrid for us folks that need upright lie angles. Every hybrid I've every tried has always been too flat for me.

He played with it yesterday and I am sure will chime in soon. All I can say, is I was glad to see the finish holds up pretty well.

Does it look as much like a 3W in person as it does in the pictures? Still think its super nice looking but looks like a 3W.

Does it look as much like a 3W in person as it does in the pictures? Still think its super nice looking but looks like a 3W.

very close to looking alike... The super hybrid is not quite as big as the 3 wood and the back of the super hybrid is a little more rounded with a softer look.

A few pictures for comparison....
Pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

Is that your 9033F 3W? They are pretty close. Thanks for the pictures. So your Pro Black, is it the same thing as this Super Hybrid? How do you like it?

Is that your 9033F 3W? They are pretty close. Thanks for the pictures. So your Pro Black, is it the same thing as this Super Hybrid? How do you like it?
That is the 9033F. The Pro Black is a lot more compact. I actually prefer the Pro Black because I think it feels better and actually is easier for me to hit.
The Super Hybrid and Pro Black Comparison pictures:
1.jpg

2.jpg

You must be a skilled golfer to hit that pro black. I tried it and couldnt hit it very well. I think I prefer a more iron look then 3W look in my hybrids.

Back