The Golf Confessional - a safe place

Which Tree?

Thirsty
Reaction score
Handicap
thinking
Share your biggest golf guilt, blunders, embarrassments, and what nots. (no judging allowed)

Today I went to the local golf shop to hit some clubs and narrow down my choices on my new iron purchase. After 3 or 4 decent swings I could not hit another shot straight or in the air to save my life. I am not a good golfer but I am not THAT bad...

To make it worse all my errant shots were displayed for all to see on the screen in the form of bright green tracers. (my own version of the scarlet letter of suckiness).

Very embarrassing, very frustrating, very.... ugh.

Can anyone relate?

I has sex in trees during a round.

This thread escalated quickly

Not where I saw this going but definitely right up my alley

Today I went to the local golf shop to hit some clubs and narrow down my choices on my new iron purchase. After 3 or 4 decent swings I could not hit another shot straight or in the air to save my life. I am not a good golfer but I am not THAT bad...

To make it worse all my errant shots were displayed for all to see on the screen in the form of bright green tracers. (my own version of the scarlet letter of suckiness).

Very embarrassing, very frustrating, very.... ugh.

Can anyone relate?

Which shop? Because I was hitting balls in two different shops in "suburbia, WA" today.

5 years ago or so I went to hit a wedge from around 90yds in wet conditions and hit the ball over my head and behind me.

My first time playing sim golf with THPers and on the second shot there went my wedge...crashing into the screen. Thank goodness I didn't break anything.

My first time playing sim golf with THPers and on the second shot there went my wedge...crashing into the screen. Thank goodness I didn't break anything.
I thought it was a fw wood

Bellevue pro golf

I was at Bellevue Pro Golf today as well! I was there from around 230 - 4. I had my four year-old son with me so I would have been really noticeable. Were you the guy that had sold his irons already and was looking for new ones?

I may or may not have hit a car with a wayward drive... blind corner. (a car stopped on a side road running parallel to a hole. The driver got out to inspect his car, got back in, and drove away). No harm no foul?

I once split my pants during a round. And once as a teenager, I got mad and swung the handle of my 5-iron against a tree and bent it nicely.

Unfortunately, that's about the limit of my confessions.

I completely whiffed on the 1st tee of a jr. tournament and the club flew out of my hands 30 yards, I was pleased that it went past the ladies tee's.

I was at Bellevue Pro Golf today as well! I was there from around 230 - 4. I had my four year-old son with me so I would have been really noticeable. Were you the guy that had sold his irons already and was looking for new ones?
Ha! Yes. That was me.

I was so embarresed. My swing is broken. I need to get some irons to right this ship. I think saw some some pity in your kids eyes for my inability to hit a golf shot (half kidding)

Did you notice that Detlef Schrempf was in the house?

Ha! Yes. That was me.

I was so embarresed. My swing is broken. I need to get some irons to right this ship. I think saw some some pity in your kids eyes for my inability to hit a golf shot (half kidding)

Did you notice that Detlef Schrempf was in the house?

Small world! Yeah, I saw Detlef. I was kinda hoping he would hit some balls just to see how weird that would look. 6' 10" golfer has to look a little strange.

Good luck on that iron search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

U113P5029T2D517925F36DT20121019160358.jpg

Cant look nearly as awkward as Yao must look :)

Small world! Yeah, I saw Detlef. I was kinda hoping he would hit some balls just to see how weird that would look. 6' 10" golfer has to look a little strange.

Good luck on that iron search!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was actually surprised because he was not as tall as I had figured. That being said, I told my wife the same thing and she reminded me that I was 6'4". It's all relative I guess.

Thanks. Irons will be coming soon with lessons soon to follow. Maybe this spring wet could get a little NW group to play at willows or something (I promise I'm not add bad as I had shown today)

I'll play. At reunion, I'm pretty sure I put a drive into the pool on one hole. I didn't go to look though.

I really need to become a better putter. No excuse for 4 putting. Which I did recently.... Twice

Topped a shot in a junior tournament, thankfully it was not on the first tee. Yikes, I was a little red in the face for the next hole or two.

Back