NHL '09-'10 Season

They woke up! We will have to wait some more to see who will play the Sharks! They've not made it this far ever in franchise history! :clapp:

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Looks like the 'Nucks arent quite ready to go away yet...

It's only a matter of time. (Spoken by an avs fan!) It's been a good series so far.

If Vancouver is going to win Luongo is going to have to play up on top. Sitting back in the office just isn't going to get it done with the Hawks firepower.

It's only a matter of time. (Spoken by an avs fan!) It's been a good series so far.

I agree. The Hawks had a pretty bad game last night and I dont see the Canucks winning 2 games in a row against the Hawks.
Honestly, Id be a little nervous if I were a Sharks fan. The rest period could be good or bad for the Sharks. Either they will be well-rested and come out with a lot of energy or they will come out really rusty and play poorly.
Teams that are playing hot like the Shars have been usually dont stay hot when they have some time off.

Anybody else think that the Habs just might knock off the Pens???????????

Were there any games on last night?? I live on the west coast so I miss them by the time I get home, but I turned to the Bruins/Flyers game and got the Blue Jays/Red Sox game. So I probably missed it :crying:

Were there any games on last night?? I live on the west coast so I miss them by the time I get home, but I turned to the Bruins/Flyers game and got the Blue Jays/Red Sox game. So I probably missed it :crying:

GC, the Habs tied it up with the Pens in a great game. Halak is amazing! And Philly finally won a game, but at an expense of Boucher who got hurt. A couple very good games. Game Seven in Pitt should be great.

GC, the Habs tied it up with the Pens in a great game. Halak is amazing! And Philly finally won a game, but at an expense of Boucher who got hurt. A couple very good games. Game Seven in Pitt should be great.

Wow, so they've forced a game 7. Need to set the DVR :clapp: San Jose is getting too much rest!!!

No worries about the rest that SJ is getting, I think that can beat the Hawks if they make it past Vancouver but a SJ/Van series might be a different thing. How about a Vancouver/Montreal Cup series all Canadian final the last time that happened was in the 88/89 season Flames vs. Habs

No worries about the rest that SJ is getting, I think that can beat the Hawks if they make it past Vancouver but a SJ/Van series might be a different thing. How about a Vancouver/Montreal Cup series all Canadian final the last time that happened was in the 88/89 season Flames vs. Habs

I don't know if an all canadian final would be good for the NHL as a whole, they've already got trouble increasing viewership, I think that might kill the progress they've already made.

It depends how the Pens play them. It seems like they were able to overpower them in the first game. It would be hilarious if the team that just squeeked into the playoffs knocked out the Caps and the Pens. Everyone is saying the Habs dont play exciting hockey but if its working for them, why not stick to it?

As long as Gary Bettman is at the helm the NHL will be nothing more then a third rate sport. They've made very little in roads to the sports popularity. What a shame as it's at least for me the greatest game around.

It depends how the Pens play them. It seems like they were able to overpower them in the first game. It would be hilarious if the team that just squeeked into the playoffs knocked out the Caps and the Pens. Everyone is saying the Habs dont play exciting hockey but if its working for them, why not stick to it?
They do the same thing that Detroit did when they were good: the get a lead and then they play a puck control game where they keep the puck in the other team's zone and kill the clock. Its not flashy but it works.

I remember when Marion Hossa was playing for the Penguins when the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, then he joined the Red Wings when they lost the Stanley Cup to the Penguins haa haa haa and now he's on Chicago...he should've just stayed on the Penguins then he would've won a Stanley Cup haa haa

how true, losing espn a few years ago doomed them. they need to contract about 3-4 teams or move them to Canada...

As long as Gary Bettman is at the helm the NHL will be nothing more then a third rate sport. They've made very little in roads to the sports popularity. What a shame as it's at least for me the greatest game around.

thats funny I was thinking about that last nite too, the guy is cursed!

I remember when Marion Hossa was playing for the Penguins when the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup, then he joined the Red Wings when they lost the Stanley Cup to the Penguins haa haa haa and now he's on Chicago...he should've just stayed on the Penguins then he would've won a Stanley Cup haa haa

thats funny I was thinking about that last nite too, the guy is cursed!
I have to say, many people here in Pittsburgh are rooting for Chicago to make it to the finals then lose just for that reason. I think it would be hilarious.

I have to say, many people here in Pittsburgh are rooting for Chicago to make it to the finals then lose just for that reason. I think it would be hilarious.

That'd be 3 years in a row...poor guy haa haa haa

lol just make sure in the offseason not to sign with the team he is on!

No way, the defending champs have too much experience. But it'll be a good game, that's for sure.

They arent the same team that won last year. Fleury isnt playing as well as he did last year and the Pens just dont have the offensive firepower they had last year.
No one seems to want to give the Habs any respect. They knocked off the Caps and have taken the Pens to game 7 (which keeping Crosby in check the whole time). Its time for everyone to realize that the Habs are for real. They arent flashy, but they are playing very well as a cohesive unit and are finding ways to win. In the playoffs, thats what really matters.

how true, losing espn a few years ago doomed them. they need to contract about 3-4 teams or move them to Canada...

Looks like there is a chance to see the Jets back. Here is an article.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/2010/05/11/nhl_jets_return_rumours/
This would be huge. Winnipeg will show that they should have never lost the team in the first place. The fans there are wild.

Now just to get another team in Southern Ontario and one back in Quebec City (which is a matter of time, they are building an NHL caliber rink)

Id love to see them move the 'Yotes to Wisconsin. This state deserves an NHL team (we have 2 of the best college hockey programs in the world and the attendance of Badger hockey games rivals that of any NHL team, 15,000+ on average). Id be surprised if it happened though. With there already being teams in Chicago, Detroit and the twin cities; the league doesnt seem to think there is a need for a team in Wisconsin.

Back