The 2014-15 College football thread (SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was a good Father/son trip. Only thing that would have made it better was a win. I don't let a loss ruin my day though like some friends I have. At the end of the day it's just entertainment and I was entertained.

That's awesome man. Your son will remember today forever!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So close between the two, I think it comes down to who has impressed the voters more. The numbers can go either way.

I am sticking with put them both in, leave Bama at home.

You mean the computer?

TOSU is nine spots ahead of tcu and 14 ahead of Baylor In sos they just said.

So close between the two, I think it comes down to who has impressed the voters more. The numbers can go either way.

I am sticking with put them both in, leave Bama at home.

Well if you go by the "what have you done for me lately" case...then it has to clearly be OSU. 59-0 over the #13 team, #1 running back, and #2 overall defense in the country is way more impressive and deserving than 55-3 over a 2-10 team. I think no matter what they decide to do, they lose. I certainly wouldn't want to be involved with the selection.

That's just one of the sos metrics, there are multiple.

Yeah check out my pic I posted.

Wish they would show the ooc I sae this morning.

And I can't believe they are even talking about baylor...if baylor was better than tcu they should have been ahead of them already

That's just one of the sos metrics, there are multiple.

Whatever it is what it is.

I'm just happy what Ohio state accomplished this year either way. Not many teams could survive losing two heisman calibre qbs and still win the big ten.

Well if you go by the "what have you done for me lately" case...then it has to clearly be OSU. 59-0 over the #13 team, #1 running back, and #2 overall defense in the country is way more impressive and deserving than 55-3 over a 2-10 team. I think no matter what they decide to do, they lose. I certainly wouldn't want to be involved with the selection.
I don't think what have you done for me lately is a major part. TCU has been much more consistent.

But I agree , it could go either way, I'm glad it's not me deciding.

And if SOS were the sole, final, primary deciding factor then OSU would be in.

But if "who has the best loss amongst the 1 loss teams" is a major factor, it's an open and shut case. It'd be TCU.

And I can't believe they are even talking about baylor...if baylor was better than tcu they should have been ahead of them already
To be fair, the same argument could be made about Ohio state. Both Ohio state and Baylor played one of the better teams on their schedule in the last game.

The committee shot themselves in the foot by jumping TCU to #3 last week. Because now they would have to defend dropping a team from #3 to #5 if they move OSU in, even after the team just won 55-3.

Lol at baylor coach saying his road win at Oklahoma was best road win in the nation

New idea, Bama and fsu out, TCU, Baylor and OSU in.

The committee shot themselves in the foot by jumping TCU to #3 last week. Because now they would have to defend dropping a team from #3 to #5 if they move OSU in, even after the team just won 55-3.
If they do that, they may as well not have a weekly ranking and just tell everyone - at the very end of the season - who the Top 4 are.

Yep #OSUWithoutBarrettAndJonesTookCareOfThat

And if SOS were the sole, final, primary deciding factor then OSU would be in.

But if "who has the best loss amongst the 1 loss teams" is a major factor, it's an open and shut case. It'd be TCU.

Did I say any of that nonsense you just posted?

I simply posted a stat.

I love the people like you who just come in here to troll.

Agreed makes life way tougher now after doing that last weel

I simply posted a stat.

Geez dude, take a breather.

I simply posted a stat.

I don't think he is trolling, just pleading his case like everyone else.

If anyone is trolling it's me. I'm just enjoying the conversation, I really don't know who should get in.

Then we will hear how a #8 seed should be replaced by a #10.

Of course, there will always be arguments by teams left out. If we had a 32-team playoff, there would still be arguments. But the object is to determine the national champion - the best team. Expanding the number of teams increases the likelihood that you do not leave out a qualified team. Four is better than two. Eight is better than four. At some point, of course, you cannot have too many teams, due to the nature of college football, scheduling, etc. So there is a "sweet spot" somewhere.

I think most would agree that it would be better to have more than 4 teams. This will reduce the argument that a legit team was left out, but of course it will not eliminate any arguments. The fact that there will still be arguments, however, is NOT a good argument against improving the system.

I'm just fine but this is the exact reaso. Decent people avoid this thread like the plague .

2 years in a row of brutalness

New idea, Bama and fsu out, TCU, Baylor and OSU in.

We're getting there. I'd say USC, Iowa, Virginia, and Syracuse. LOL.

I'm just fine but this is the exact reaso. Decent people avoid this thread like the plague .

You're kidding me right? You resort to personal barbs and I'm the reason people avoid this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back