Damn that looks delicious, and a half pound of beef to boot! Way to go JB!

The very best of luck to you on your diet JB!

Wow that burger looks amazing! Making me hungry. Good luck with the diet. I hate diets, but like anything else once you get going its not that bad.

Strong work Josh, both on the burger and on the PGA Show goal -
I usually start a similar diet after Xmas - I want to knock off 10-15 lbs before the Phoenix Open.

Good Luck

Is this something you try to do each month before the PGA show?
I know you can drop the weight. I'm a sucker for carbs so it would be tough for me to cut them out.

Not sure about mac and cheese on a burger, never seen that before. But the rest with an egg would be awesome.

Can you drop that much just from going low carb?

I haven't weighed 195 since high school! If I could drop 20 lbs by going low carb I'd do it in a heart beat.

It does for me, but that is partly because when looking at my diet it consists of such extreme high carbs and sugars. It blew my mind how much came off for me and how hard it was. But I found some solice in some great meals that we can grill that I would normally skip and my wife helps be supportive with me despite her not needing to lose weight.

Earlier this year I dropped 17 lbs going low carb (very low) in a 5 week period. However when I switched back it came back. My goal is to lose it quickly and then change my dietary habits a bit to less indulgence every single day and more moderation.

My Last Supper

Heck of a last meal Josh! That looked really good and must have tasted even better. Diet and portions is my number one struggle, I get the excercise but I need to eat right.

5 weeks to PGA means 5 weeks to Bridgestone U so I need to get my butt in gear, 175 is my ideal weight, I would kill to be less than 200 though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It does for me, but that is partly because when looking at my diet it consists of such extreme high carbs and sugars. It blew my mind how much came off for me and how hard it was. But I found some solice in some great meals that we can grill that I would normally skip and my wife helps be supportive with me despite her not needing to lose weight.

Earlier this year I dropped 17 lbs going low carb (very low) in a 5 week period. However when I switched back it came back. My goal is to lose it quickly and then change my dietary habits a bit to less indulgence every single day and more moderation.

I've found the same thing. I think part of it is that gig carb meals end up being a lot of calories without leaving you full. Eat a bunch of nuts or beef jerky as a snack and you'll be full for a lot longer than if you had chips or something.

Good luck! Sounds like you've got a plan that works for you.

Good Luck JB, with all the xmas temptations laying out where you go it's going to be hard.

Wow!! I'm impressed. That's a "build your own burger" combo I would never have thought of, but would gladly dive right into. What a way to go out. Good luck on the carb cutting. That and no sweets has helped me lose 37 pounds since you saw me last.

That is a great looking meal Josh! Wish I could say my last supper looked that good, but it didn't.

Diet and back on the exercise wagon started today for as well. No carbs or sugars for the next 3 weeks.

Need to do a better job of not eating so late at night.

Good luck with the diet!

Couple of days in and doing well so far.
Found a couple of really low carb desserts that help when done in moderation.
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Sugar Substitute
Heavy Whipping Cream

Blended makes a great peanut butter mousse with only a few carbs. Only need 3-4 bites too.
Last night dinner was bbq meatballs with a homemade mustard based sauce where the whole meal (including chopped salad and dressing) was 8 carbs.
We will see where it takes me, but my feeling is I will get close to my goal.

Good luck JB you can do it no problem with all the awesome stuff you can grill.

I need to hop on the diet train as well.

Never tried Mac N Cheese on a burger before. Maybe something new to try next time...

That burger looks tasty! How's the first few days of the diet going?

Couple of days in and doing well so far.
Found a couple of really low carb desserts that help when done in moderation.
Cream Cheese
Peanut Butter
Sugar Substitute
Heavy Whipping Cream

Blended makes a great peanut butter mousse with only a few carbs. Only need 3-4 bites too.
Last night dinner was bbq meatballs with a homemade mustard based sauce where the whole meal (including chopped salad and dressing) was 8 carbs.
We will see where it takes me, but my feeling is I will get close to my goal.

That burger looks tasty! How's the first few days of the diet going?

Here ya go (updated this morning).

That dessert sounds delicious I think I may have to try that

Keep it up sir! We've found some good stuff in a book called Against The Grain. Took us a few times to get the recipes right for a few of the dishes, but it's been worth it.

Here ya go (updated this morning).

Tonight was a BLT chopped salad.
That chopped salad maker was one of the best things we have purchased. Just so much better than nonchopped salad.
lettuce, tomato, bacon and cheddar cheese topped with a low carb ranch all shaken up and blended.

For dessert, GG is baking a recipe I found for low carb cheesecake bites.

There is so much right with this meal :alien:

What are Waffle Fries? Whatever it is, it sounds delicious!

French fries in a waffle pattern. Like from Chick-Fil-A

wafflefries.jpg

I forgot those out west only eat at In and Out.

Oh, Criss Cut Fries! That's what the East Coasters call em.
In N' Out is all we know!

Back