2015 Driver Testing Tomorrow

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
As a few have seen there are some THPers getting together tomorrow to play some golf and I thought it would be fun to get their feedback on a number of drivers. If you are in the Tampa Bay area, it's going to be a lot of fun.

Their feedback will be in the appropriate driver threads of course.

cc8411fe5e9a6c233dcff3ac4c8360cb.jpg

0df29e9635ea64a801119bb30b3fa4a9.jpg

87928a82211eaad5440d982c44878209.jpg

Why do I live in NJ again?

• Admin
Bridgestone, Bridgestone, Bridgestone!!!

That looks like a lot of Fun can't wait to hear the results

What a beautiful bouquet

Any MI events in the works?

Can't decide whether it is a good thing or bad thing that I could not make this event in regards to the driver testing. On the one hand, I would love to be able to give all of those a swing. On the other hand, I just dropped a pretty penny on an Alpha 815 and would hate to be kicking myself in the butt if I hit the Bridgestone, for example, better.

Awesome, great opportunity to get some feedback across numerous lines. Those threads should be hopping!

Any MI events in the works?

Not in 2015, but ya never know in the future. Do have one already announced in Pittsburgh which many from Michigan are talking about going to and at least one in Chicago that are pretty darn special.

Well, outside of experiencing the testing in person, no. But anyways, there's quite a few drivers in the lower spin category in that bunch. I'm very curious about the Corbra, Srixon, Callaway and Bridgestone sticks in particular. Which ones retain the most forgiveness while keeping the spin lower.

I've only swung the Srixon twice but both times were excellent results. Very curious how well the FlyZ works in comparison to the gravity core in the 815 Alpha too.

And how does the Titleist perform for forgiveness and ball speed, does it keep up with the others?

very very cool, can't wait to hear what everyone has to say, the cobra Fly-z is one i am most interested in seeing.

If someone would hit the R15 with the weights all the way spread out I would be interested in how that setup works

Well, outside of experiencing the testing in person, no. But anyways, there's quite a few drivers in the lower spin category in that bunch. I'm very curious about the Corbra, Srixon, Callaway and Bridgestone sticks in particular. Which ones retain the most forgiveness while keeping the spin lower.

I've only swung the Srixon twice but both times were excellent results. Very curious how well the FlyZ works in comparison to the gravity core in the 815 Alpha too.

And how does the Titleist perform for forgiveness and ball speed, does it keep up with the others?

The good news is this time there are 3 separate Cobra models that will be with us and 2 separate Callaway models.

good looking bag o clubs !!

The good news is this time there are 3 separate Cobra models that will be with us and 2 separate Callaway models.

Excellent! Can't wait to hear the feedback.

Those Callaway and TMAG head covers are atrocious!! Looking forward to results.

please someone take a video of rolling up with a bag full of those at drop off and get the expression of the bagboy's face.

I am really digging those callaway head covers

Agreed dude this is why i loved the OG Classic cover and my Seamus.. So easy to get on and off

Most people that grab those at the course favor them along with the TM one for ease of use.
i definitely agree with this. Loved the Cleveland Classic covers for that very reason. Looking to get these type of covers for my V Series fairways.

Very interested in any info between the C' s. Callaway and Cobra. Really fond of the DBD and 815.

Looks to be a fun time testing and playing with THP'rs for sure. Looking forward to hearing thoughts on all of them, but that Bridgestone is right on up there with my wants and needs this year.

Enjoy everyone and thanks in advance for the 411 on these drivers.

JM

Back