The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beer for this guy too. I'm getting drug out the door right now for some golden deliciousness and karaoke.

This day is just whizzing by :clapp:

I bought a 3-pack of blades for my lawn edger from eBay and got them yesterday. I mowed my lawn, installed a new blade on the edger and wow! Cuts like a knife through butter! Way less effort too - I only had to make one pass while edging, and it's cutting very cleanly. I compared the new blade to the old one - the old one had worn down about 2" from its original length. I guess I should have replaced the blade a bit sooner than 17 years, huh? lol

I bought a 3-pack of blades for my lawn edger from eBay and got them yesterday. I mowed my lawn, installed a new blade on the edger and wow! Cuts like a knife through butter! Way less effort too - I only had to make one pass while edging, and it's cutting very cleanly. I compared the new blade to the old one - the old one had worn down about 2" from its original length. I guess I should have replaced the blade a bit sooner than 17 years, huh? lol

It's always nice to get a new blade for the mower too! I got a new one last year after 7 years and it's amazing! I took it in this week to get the throttle cable fixed and they will be sharpening the blade while it's in.

It's always nice to get a new blade for the mower too! I got a new one last year after 7 years and it's amazing! I took it in this week to get the throttle cable fixed and they will be sharpening the blade while it's in.

My mower is the same age as the edger - 17 years old - and I have the original blade on it. I had the mower blade sharpened a couple of years ago when I had someone do maintenance on it (change oil, replace spark plug). Was your old mower blade a little shorter than the new one? I would think not, because they don't hit the ground like an edger blade does.

What a bunch of old guys we are Smallie - HHJJ about lawn equipment!

It wasn't shorter but it was all gouged up from hitting rocks and sticks!

in general, it's just a good day today!

so far so good!

We just hired a new realtor after a week-long interview process.

Anyone want to buy a vacation house in Kansas?

We just hired a new realtor after a week-long interview process.

Anyone want to buy a vacation house in Kansas?

Where're you moving to?

Kevin

The Rhino is back in his old jungle stomping grounds, New York City!!! I got to my hotel, went to grab some good a good sandwich from a deli and who do I run into? Pres. Obama!! He was traveling up 56th st with a HUGE motorcade. This guy has one heck of a enterouge (sp? ) 30 cars with guys loaded to the hilt in weapons. Snapped some pics was kinda cool.

The Rhino is back in his old jungle stomping grounds, New York City!!! I got to my hotel, went to grab some good a good sandwich from a deli and who do I run into? Pres. Obama!! He was traveling up 56th st with a HUGE motorcade. This guy has one heck of a enterouge (sp? ) 30 cars with guys loaded to the hilt in weapons. Snapped some pics was kinda cool.

Dang, that's pretty cool!

Did you check your wallet after he went by?

Kevin

Where're you moving to?

Kevin

If it all works out, California. San Francisco Bay Area. Actually, east of Oakland on the other side of the mountain.

If it all works out, California. San Francisco Bay Area. Actually, east of Oakland on the other side of the mountain.

I'll come and visit ya Smallie :) I go there several times a year, have fam up there :wink:

Smallie's new avatar is my HHJJ--I smile every time I look at it.

everybody loves a cute puppy!

Last fall, the water lateral to our house was leaking, so we had to hire someone to put in a new one which entailed digging a big hole at the end our driveway. It didn't really get filled in. I got home from playing golf today and the hole was filled and the dirt smoothed out. Way to do the yard labor Mrs. Esox!

I'll probably have to spread a few pounds of grass seed, but that shouldn't be too tiring.

Kevin

the other day I was talking golf with one of neighbors who I am very fond of. names Elwood and he's in his early 80's. never talked golf before just never came up, but he sees me putting my clubs in my truck the other day and tells me he's been meaning to talk to me. so he starts telling me how much he loves golf and misses it so much since he got sick (COPD) and now he can only watch but he is so happy to see that I play. so we talk for about another ten mins and he has to excuse himself cant take the heat anymore and needs to get back in the house on his oxygen but tells me to stop by his house tommorow which is today. no biggie I help him as much as I can cause he and his wife are just great people always so happy and so kind to my children every Christmas. just figured he needed help with something around the house so I go over this morning and he's a in great mood and we start talking golf again. next thing I know he pulls out a shoebox from behind his recliner and slides it toward me. I asked him whats up, thought maybe he needed help getting them on and made a joke about taking him to the range with me. he appreciates the offer and says no these are for you. I open the box up and its a brand new pair of Footjoy Dryjoys! solid white model #53504. tells me to try them on he's had them a few years but never ended up wearing them, the box is a little beat up but the shoes are still in the plastic and pristine condition. tells me he made his wife dig thru the closet last nite to find them for me. of course they end up being my size and fit perfect! should have seen the smile on Elwoods face almost made me cry. so we hang out he tells me some more storys about the old times, like Snead and Hogan and Palmer and Jack how they respected the game and played it the right way. and how much he hates Tiger! also got to hear about the two holes in one he made in his golf career! after about a half hour his wife comes home and he tells me to go so he can have lunch with his bride but not to be a stranger and stop by any time to talk golf and tell him about my round that day. saw his wife latter on in the day and she thanked me for stopping by and spending time with her husband it made his day and he felt so good and was in such a good mood that he was taking her out for dinner tonite! it really made my day too, not the shoes they were great but to spend the time with him and see how happy it made him to talk golf again. thanks for listening to my story about my buddy Elwood...

What a great story, Sunday Hacker! That couple sounds like great neighbors. We used to have an older couple next door. They were my kids' third set of grandparents, and we used to help out whenever we could--shovel their walk, look in on him when she was out of town, etc. That gift couldn't have gone to a nicer person.

thank you Claire you are too kind. Elwood is such a good person and reminds me of my grandpa who I miss so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back