The 2014 Holiday Presents Thread

My presents. Air rival III, callaway org14 bag, odyssey versa 2ball, some e6's, izod black pants and a pga pullover.
5c669a7d203eea1b06deaf33a2ef5788.jpg

A very unexpected gift full of many great memories from my daughter. She mounted it all by herself too!

23858476ae83e209ff64cfb85e8ab004_zpsf3e2ddae.jpg

JM

Santa bought me Affliction Tshirts, Invicta big face diver, gift cards (hello titleist 915 hybrid, buckle long sleeve shirt, buckle gift card and blue tooth water proof speaker.

I got a Ping 1/4 zip pullover, a Bandon calendar, a sleeve of Bridgestone balls, some nice gloves and some cool Cal scripted items I have wanted. The wife got an Ogio bag and DLL putter. The kids got a Clicgear cart, a set of Ping clubs to share and individual putters.

On the none-golf front my favorite gift was a mug we had made for my wife. My son, daughter, I each picked our favorite pictures of us with our dog (he's no longer with us) and had them put on the mug.

Santa was good to me. My nice days must have outweighed the naughty days.

2 Bridgestone caddy floppy hats (one white, one tan), 2 Cutter & Buck golf pants (one black , one blue), ASU beanie, 2 dozen Bridgestone B330-RX in yellow, Neil Finn's latest CD, Simple Minds new CD, PS3 Alien Isolation game and a full golf fitting from Annika Academy.

Can't wait for the full club fitting! Might do it in late January on my next visit to Orlando.

My Christmas haul:

A new Sun Mountain C-130 bag

i-2Gs9PrR-M.jpg

And assorted goodies (the tin cup ball marker is W-squared):

i-dmLf225-M.jpg

The only golf related item I received this year is a travel bag that I asked for. Now I just need to get into a couple of THP events next year so I can use it!

New travel bag, new shoes, a bright red belt with a black Callaway Chevron buckle, and a golf club license plate holder.

Also got a sriracha t-shirt.

And a book about the Morgan Cup that I'll talk about later.

Christmas gifts from the wife this morning:
Under Armour Jacket, T-Shirt, Belt & Underwear. A couple LED flashlights, a Top Gear calendar, and two Snow Brushes for the Car (which up until seeing what was actually in the package I had thought would be a wedge or X2Hot hybrid.

From the in-laws and wife's extended family: a sweater, a North Face hoodie, and 4 pairs of socks.

They must be wanting me to switch to a new color this year, everything I received was blue.

Next up is Christmas with my parents, brother, and nephews on Saturday.

I got the Patriot Pack Bushnell Tour v3 range finder from my parents. It fits in so perfectly with my awesome THP and Folds of Honor coin

Just got to my parents' house from my sisters, so we really haven't done many gifts yet. So far, all I've got is this.

0c465c6f656be66a4743232cab0dff2f.jpg

Might be time to try it out…

I got some nice stuff from my wife; new work bag, a winder for my Omega automatic (almost a must if you have an auto watch), clothes, etc.

The kids got a lot of stuff, first from us then almost double from all my family in CA. It's almost too much, no idea where we're going to put it. My mom works for Disney, so a lot of it she gets free and sends it on.

My favorite part this morning has been my daughter, who loves taking pictures so we got her a camera. She's been making me pose in various spots around the house, in front of the tree, etc., holding her dolls, and then instructs me to look happy, look confused, look silly. I'm raising the next Ansel Adams.

Now we go visit my wife's family and relatives for the day. I hope there is basketball on.

No golf stuff from the family this year. However, I will definitely send my wife on a trip to Puerto Rico right before Christmas more often. This will probably last me a couple of years...

WP_20141225_001.jpg

My parents got me a new set of snowshoes (YES!), and this sweatshirt--which may be the greatest one EVER!

f884450fc8690895c8418158132df344.jpg

Insulated beer pocket and attached bottle opener....holy crap!

That shirt is great O'Carroll!

That sweatshirt is amazing. Haha. Nice Peter.

The 2014 Holiday Presents Thread

We didn't do a ton of gifts this year, but I got a black Ping 1/4 zip from my in laws. I have one that I got at the Syracuse bookstore and it's one of my favorites. Nice to have another one.

Also, Pete - that shirt is amazing.

I got a few things this year:
- new pair of running shoes
- a Seamus hybrid cover to complete my set
- 4 dozen Srixon Z stars

Not a bad haul for me at all.

My parents got me a new set of snowshoes (YES!), and this sweatshirt--which may be the greatest one EVER!

f884450fc8690895c8418158132df344.jpg

Insulated beer pocket and attached bottle opener....holy crap!
I've got to own one of these. Great shirt! Just found a website that sells it. Now if they took this design and did sports teams, oh my gosh would that sell!

I made out very well.

2014 BB Alpha
Frogger golf towel
25 dollar gift card for Golf Town

Pretty cool gift from my mother in law. She gave me my father in law's golf books, which are all from the 1980's. He was a scratch golfer, so maybe by reading these I'll get better through some attenuated form of osmosis. He has since passed, so it was an indeed touching gift.

Here are a few of them.

28cf44c8d634acad868d2d780315873f.jpg

80eff6f5d6209648d5959583f0ff96e8.jpg

923b7bdfb1fb3dc327fe18ae6448f072.jpg

I got a round of golf from my youngest son but I have to play it at 7600 yds lol, man I'll be throwing up a big number, it will be fun.

So a couple of weeks ago I told my folks that I didn't want to celebrate Christmas this year; what I meant by that was I didn't want to celebrate a "commercial" Christmas. We're all old enough that if we need/want something we go out and buy it during the year.

Fast forward to yesterday when it took me 2.5 hours to finish all of my gift wrapping. Not sure of a total dollar value (which is irrelevant) but let's say I had to make 5 trips from the truck to the tree to get it all in. My Dad collects sports memorabilia, and I was very fortunate to get an autographed Gordie Howe "Mr. Hockey" stick for him amongst multiple sports books and clothing. Mom got shoes, Tim Horton's paraphanelia and a mat for in front of the kitchen sink.

Me? Big Bertha Alpha, new DNAs and M Projects (I'm coming back to the FJ family) and a 2014 Ford F150. Okay, technically the truck was my 40th birthday gift to myself.

All in all a good Christmas because we're all healthy and I have fingers crossed to play a round of golf locally on Saturday morning. 45 degrees and rain on Christmas morning does not seem traditional :-(

Only golf things I got were a dozen e6s and my son bought me a golf ball return which I suspect he'll use more than I will.

Got a few books, some gift cards, and a giant bottle of Jameson and the day was spent with family, so as far as I'm concerned it was a wonderful day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christmas round 2 yields of dozen X2Hot+ golf balls and a new Puma golf glove. :)

Back