John Daly like swing?

Boom_Boom

Reaction score
Handicap
<18
If you hit it that long , go with it . Heck, if I hit it that long .. It would be bye bye online learning and in person golf lessons . Hello just go play golf

heck, I would stop chatting all online forum golf and just stick with my 45 and older chat forum . Talk about gardening / old time movies / canker sores / and just getting old stories

Great looking swing!

If you hit it that long , go with it . Heck, if I hit it that long .. It would be bye bye online learning and in person golf lessons . Hello just go play golf

heck, I would stop chatting all online forum golf and just stick with my 45 and older chat forum . Talk about gardening / old time movies / canker sores / and just getting old stories

This made me laugh hysterically!!! Thanks! I needed that! Long, rainy day at work here in Nashville.

That is a big 5 iron!

Impressive distance. You've got to have have some quick hands to save that over the top move into the ball.

242 5i beats my driver by about 20 yards. :sad:

I have worked and worked to try to correct that... Just cant seem to do it!

If you are hitting the ball with a level of control you are happy with, I wouldn't worry about swing flaws, just have fun playing.

Impressive distance. You've got to have have some quick hands to save that over the top move into the ball.
That is because me and you and millions others are just concerned about the motion look . Not what the ball is doing , I'm very guility of this . Hard habit to get out of when you are into a golf program per say . Goes with the territory , and just being honest

That is because me and you and millions others are just concerned about the motion look . Not what the ball is doing , I'm very guility of this . Hard habit to get out of when you are into a golf program per say . Goes with the territory , and just being honest
I'm more concerned with myself. I have worked hard to develop a one way miss. For most, including myself, coming over the top puts both sides of the course in play.

I'm more concerned with myself. I have worked hard to develop a one way miss. For most, including myself, coming over the top puts both sides of the course in play.

I watched and secretly filmed our county and city champions / and a few runner ups on the range ( some multiple winners) . They all come over the top blue n gold .. For this I have no answer to how they do it . Makes me wonder about this on line plane golf thing . No ill will towards you , but a lot of people make this ott work and work really well . I too am trying to beat it , and it is the hardest thing I have ever attempted

when I just swing , I always come ott.. But it goes so straight . When I do my lesson stuff , it feels so awkward and the ball flies all over . I have been to lessons on and off line for the past decade to fight the ott . And I'm having very minimal success but yet spending alot of $$$$ with little to show for it . Frustrating to say the least

This has gotten off topic. Acovington is a big dude with a big swing. It works for him. Hopefully he grooves it even deeper and puts even lower numbers on the cards.

The only thing that matters is what the head and face of the club do 6 inches before and 6 inches after impact... How you get it there isn't important...
Just my thoughs, anyways.

curious to know why you posted this swing? looking for feedback, or things you can work on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Impressive distance and while a variety of players try their best (myself included) to avoid an over-the-top move, as long as you are comfortable and happy with the results stick with what works!

And as as they say, "there are no pictures on the scorecard"

???, nothing over the top in his swing.

His downswing steeper than back swing yes, but his down swing plane and follow through / upswing is in the same plane, so I cant see any hint of ‘last ms adjustment’ in his swing. (´︶`)

Anyway, look dependable swing. :)

Note. I ‘feel’ that the club looks too short for your size, I means, it put quite a stress to your upper spine, so your weight shifted forward. Is your club fitted? :)

curious to know why you posted this swing? looking for feedback, or things you can work on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

feedback, tips, all of it. The best teacher, for me, is conversation.

???, nothing over the top in his swing.

His downswing steeper than back swing yes, but his down swing plane and follow through / upswing is in the same plane, so I cant see any hint of ‘last ms adjustment’ in his swing. (´︶`)

Anyway, look dependable swing. :)

Note. I ‘feel’ that the club looks too short for your size, I means, it put quite a stress to your upper spine, so your weight shifted forward. Is your club fitted? :)

yes it is. +1"
I have an odd build and I am large, so it always is a strain on something. Lol!

Eaaaasy Happy Gilmore!
I'd get seriously get into Long Drive Competitions if I was you.

I might recommend a tad more balance.

Back