Transporting Clubs

My local golf shop also rents travel bags. Also at the end of the year they sell their rentals for about half price. some are in pretty good shape. The other thing I have done is have my local shop ship my clubs to my destination using ups. The shop has a business rate and I shipped them directly to the resort(Bandon Dunes) and had them there when I arrived. It was way cheaper than the commercial shippers. I think it was like 25 bucks. Check your local shops or even your club and see if they can do anything.

My local golf shop also rents travel bags. Also at the end of the year they sell their rentals for about half price. some are in pretty good shape. The other thing I have done is have my local shop ship my clubs to my destination using ups. The shop has a business rate and I shipped them directly to the resort(Bandon Dunes) and had them there when I arrived. It was way cheaper than the commercial shippers. I think it was like 25 bucks. Check your local shops or even your club and see if they can do anything.
We are quite chummy with the manager and a few of the guys at Golfsmith (it helps when your BF is a talker!!) I didn't think to ask, maybe they have a returned on or something or maybe even rent them or discount them or whatever. They do have a deal that you can return your item(s) if you aren't satisfied. Huh...that just may work. Buy it and then return it when I'm done :)

I had purchased a pair of golf shoes online at Golfsmith.com and had them delivered to a Golfsmith (free shipping that way) and then I wore the shoes for a round and it gave me blisters, I returned them, grass/dirt all over the spikes and all and got a FULL refund. Hmmm....

DD, what's the make and model of that? I was looking at something similar, the Bag Boy T10. Problem is it got crappy reviews everywhere because the strap on the top part of the hard shell kept coming off on people. I like that concept because it protects it where you need it the most and it folds in on itself for better transport. I would still get the stiff arm and iron headcovers for it though.

Sorry for the delay. I got mine at golf galaxy a few years ago. I have seen them there and at Dick's. Here is a link for GolfGalaxy.
http://www.golfgalaxy.com/galaxy/product.asp?pf_id=PAPMICKDJPKDNGDH&path=turtle&search_handle=QT10dXJ0bGV_Qj10dXJ0bGV_RD0zMH5JPVByaWNlfks9NH5MPTF_TT0xfg&scid=SearchResults&spoffset=1&s_id=0&mscssid=8LNGS2G0TPNJ8PN2Q2QAT4WXGUR3CXUD

Golf Galaxy is good for me since I can check it out first hand. I always liked these hybrid covers so I might have found my bag.

GolfChick - found this travel bag, thought it might be right up your alley.

B001CHYFO2

I saw this...AND it matches my set since I have the Wilson Hope golf clubs as well :wink: Hmm...will keep an eye on this one!! But its not a hard case though :(

I saw this...AND it matches my set since I have the Wilson Hope golf clubs as well :wink: Hmm...will keep an eye on this one!! But its not a hard case though :(

I still don't think you need a hard case, as long as the soft bag you get is not cheaply made and you get a stiff arm.

From the reviews, it says it fits a standard size golf bag with clubs and it doesn't. And I don't think it has a stiff arm, we'll see!! I still have some time :D

No, you have to buy a stiff arm. They don't come with the bag.

http://www.discountdansgolf.com/

I think you have to call them to get the Stiff Arm, I don't see it on the site. This is where I got my two.

+1...another forum member did just that not too long ago

and the stiff arm is a must buy....love it for my bag and clubs

No, you have to buy a stiff arm. They don't come with the bag.

http://www.discountdansgolf.com/

I think you have to call them to get the Stiff Arm, I don't see it on the site. This is where I got my two.

I was looking at the Club Glove website, they're $199 for a travel bag. Hmmm...Not sure I want to spend quite that much on a travel bag for my golf clubs...

You don't need to spend that much. I spent less than $110 for two good bags, shipped, off ebay.

You don't need to spend that much. I spent less than $110 for two good bags, shipped, off ebay.

there are a lot on ebay that you can get for a good price. That is probably where I will get Jenns travel bag.

Isn't there a Play it Again Sports in Pasadena, GC? You might be able to find a good used travel bag there.

Isn't there a Play it Again Sports in Pasadena, GC? You might be able to find a good used travel bag there.

There's one around, I think!! But I'll check that out as well. I found a soft bag on tgw.com and a stiff arm there for $25 and the bag at $39.99. I think I'm going to soft bag route and getting the stiff arm to go with it, this way, when not in use, it'll fold up nicely and can be tucked away, rather than the bulkiness of the hard case :good:

There's one around, I think!! But I'll check that out as well. I found a soft bag on tgw.com and a stiff arm there for $25 and the bag at $39.99. I think I'm going to soft bag route and getting the stiff arm to go with it, this way, when not in use, it'll fold up nicely and can be tucked away, rather than the bulkiness of the hard case :good:

I'd be weary of those cheapie specials GC. I've seen some of them in person and they look flimsy.

Ok, just called Play it Again Sports in Pasadena (that's the closest one to me) they have 2 soft bags available and they're about $30. I can always get the stiff arm separately...Thanks for the suggestion Bonk!! :good:

You're welcome! It's good you can check out the bags personally before you spend money on them because I agree with Spank - some bags look OK in online pics but are in reality are really cheaply made.

You're welcome! It's good you can check out the bags personally before you spend money on them because I agree with Spank - some bags look OK in online pics but are in reality are really cheaply made.

And maybe when I'm done with it, they'll buy it back from me and let the whole cycle continue :wink: They have 2 left, one for me and one for the BF so I'm hoping they'll still be there in a few weeks :confused2:

Well, I really appreciate this thread and the other onew as well discussing travel bags.....Really good info in my hunt for a travel bag for the Fall outing... Main things I have gleaned:
  1. Soft Cover over Hard Cover due to a lot of variables
  2. Use a hockey Stick or something in the bag
  3. Pack clothes in your golf bag to avoid a 2nd bag fee for shorter trips
  4. Probably end up using your cart bag instead of stand bag due to weight/size issues
  5. Clubglove Burstproof2 seems to be getting a lot of attention

Can I assume people get the CG BP2 with wheels??

For what its worth, rock bottom golf is having a pretty reasonable sale on travel bags right now.

Now that I have got to looking, there are a lot of travel bags out there...
Bagboy, Club Glove, CaddyDaddy, and Ogio..
Speaking of Ogio...This would match my SyncroPlaid perfectly...What say JB??...

p7135635dt.jpg

Back