THP events. What do they mean to you?

A THP event means a family reunion. It doesn't matter if it's your first event or not, you immediately feel at home and the golf is secondary. You know fun will be had and you will come away with an understanding of what bonds this community together.

THP Events are special to me because they are like buddies trips. For the majority of my golfing life I played as a single for the most part. It was always fun to get put with a group of guys who were friends and having a good time, but that didn't always happen. When I returned to golf I found THP. Even the first event I attended was like a buddies trip and I had never met a soul. Golf truly is secondary and good times are at the top of the list.

I now now have a pretty regular group that is really fun to play golf with, but my THP Buddy trips are tops. If you are new or have never been to an event and this is hard to understand, I highly recommend getting to one. I hope to meet you there. Fun will be had, I guarantee it.

JM

The friends I have met. I have met some truly awesome people through this forum and for that, I will be forever grateful :thumb: :friends:

My first event is coming up in a few weeks and I am beyond excited. I can't wait to meet the people behind the screen names and play a course I would have never played if it wasn't for THP. Not to mention the excitement to hit Bridgestones new clubs.

THP events. What do they mean to you?

Events for me are seeing old friends, putting faces to ones I haven't met in person yet. Having an absolute BLAST!

Playing fantastic courses, that without THP, I would never have played, and learning about and playing with equipment that I may not have hit/played without the forum.

Using Tapatalk

I need to get to more events. it's tough being where I am in relation to where most events are. The events to me are great golf, with great people, on great courses. I look forward to making new friends and seeing old friends at events. The THP events are truly special and a ton of fun.

A chance to make a connection to a screen name. forge a new friendship, rekindle some old ones. Build the memories, that for me are about the people more than the places. Play golf in new parts of the country, and have as much fun as possible.

Wish I could join you guys (and girls). It's just too far away.

That's my first thought.

Second thought: wish I could join as it would mean I could get to know a group of people who live for golf, who enjoy the game and to share a lot of fun stories :)

These events are what keep me ticking now on the golf side of life. The friendships, the fun, the value all are something no one else can come close to offering. ATL and I were talking about this the other day in regards to my first THP event in ATL.... First hole he had a 5 ft putt that he thought was a gimme and I made him putt it..... I think in his head I was a Ass.. I soon realized this isn't what THP is about. Take away te competitive side and realize it is a group of guys/gals coming together to have fun with the goal of friendships and a common interest. These events change your life and the way you will look at this game forever

Up until last year, thp events had always been something that seemed interesting but I wasn't sure it was for me. But after Indy and then #PersonalDistance, there isn't a better golf experience than a THP event. To get into another one would be nothing but an honor. Getting a chance to live out the awesomeness that others read about on here is a once in a lifetime opportunity

Catch up with people I've met before. Meet people from the site. In the case of Love is in the air, include my wife in an activity that I really enjoy and have her meet like minded people. One thing of note is I think that the respect that people show to each other on here is just because of the personal interaction we have unlike other sites. If you are a complete ass to someone, there is a chance you may find yourself sitting face to face with that person. Not that we don't disagree sometimes or push buttons, but that's what PMs and the debate forums are for. Behind it all, there is most always a level of respect regardless of where you are coming from.

I have yet to play in an official event, but the get together and other rounds wit THP members have been great. I look forward to getting into an official event if my schedule allows.

A THP event isn't a feeling I know... yet. I've been reading about them and their almost mythological presence they hold, all fantastic stories that someday I WILL know and experience.

I don't need a full sentence.

Friends.

That's the number 1 reason I participate at THP.

~Rock

Opportunity.
To meet a bunch of terrific people and make new friends.
To play golf with passionate golfers.
To learn about new equipment, golf marketing, and technology.
To try new equipment.
To play fantastic courses around the country.
To support a game that I love and cherish.
To create everlasting memories.

Haven't been to an event yet, or met anyone yet (other than online)

BUT:

I love to golf, I enjoy traveling, I enjoy meeting people on the course, Love to laugh.
Everything I read/follow here appears to fill my needs, so can't wait to meet in person doing what we all love to do.

Haven't been to an event yet, or met anyone yet (other than online)

BUT:

I love to golf, I enjoy traveling, I enjoy meeting people on the course, Love to laugh.
Everything I read/follow here appears to fill my needs, so can't wait to meet in person doing what we all love to do.

Well the good news is you know for sure you will be attending a great event in 2015 no matter what.

Can't wait to hear what your choice will be.

Having only played one big event at PGA National and thinking back it was the most fun I have had playing golf to date, even though I was one of only a few older members I was accepted and treated as one of the guys. The 1st Tee shots were without a doubt the most stressful I have ever hit and the most rewarding at the same time.

Getting to meet some of the THP old guard was a blast and everyone was just as nice as could be, the THP experience is Golf at a different level.

Having never played any real competitive Golf before it was a humbling experience and not wanting to let your partner down gave it even more value. I did not play my best and I think that might be common for 1st timers not used to pressure even though it is self inflicted pressure because everyone is just having a good time and playing their game.

I truly hope to be lucky enough to get into another Event (or many as I will enter most all of them) this year, it makes practicing have more meaning and even though I doubt I can get much better at my age getting more reliable and making the shots or putts when needed is more in the mind than the body.

Well the good news is you know for sure you will be attending a great event in 2015 no matter what.

Can't wait to hear what your choice will be.

I'll give you a hint:
Spoiler
I'll probably be the one traveling the farthest

Last edited:
They mean a lot to me actually. I've always been somewhat socially challenged and even here on the forum things don't always come out like they should or like I mean sometimes, when you get to a THP event none of that matters. You meet new people, you see old friends, you play new courses, and you encounter golfers of every walk of life, The THP events are neutral and the friendliest environment one can hope to play in.

THP events make it possible to be just who you are when everyone is together and the chances are you'll not only leave there a changed golfer and person but also a person that may have touched the life of someone else.

Just go play in one, you'll see.

I'll give you a hint:
Spoiler
I'll probably be the one traveling the farthest

Very good. That's actually just a tad more information than some of JB's teasers :)

Very good. That's actually just a tad more information than some of JB's teasers :)

That was my 'exact' intention, gonna play the teasers until the appropriate time, only 3-4 people know for sure

I have a good idea gizmo, which event. Good choice it is the one I am thinking of. Get your happiness on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THP events mean time with new friends that I rarely get to see, it means an opportunity to make new friends, and to be myself while playing a game I love. Because of my job, I usually have to put on the persona of a hard a$$ and I am far from that. Love me some THP events.

Wishing all of THP a happy and safe 2015!!

Back