FootJoy HyperFlex Shoe Preview

Nailed it Golf Ghost.

I'm not sure these are something I'd buy. Not really sure where to put my finger on it. Almost too busy. It seems like they are almost trying too hard to come up with something more modern.

I agree JB. It appears that they are having trouble finding a style to associate themselves with. They had the traditional styling market for the longest time, but as market trends changes towards sneakers and spikeless, they have failed to find a identity in that area of the market. You look at other companies such as Adidas, Nike, and Puma and they have a look or consistency in their products that consumers expect. Really feel like Footjoy is still searching for that. Add in Ecco with the traditional, higher priced market and FJ soon has to start feeling the pressure in the consumer market. On tour not sure the numbers.

Remember M series?
Then DNA and now these? Not sure what is going on.

Their ugly shoe trend continues

Remember M series?
Then DNA and now these? Not sure what is going on.

Thing I'm most disappointed in the lack of update to the DNA's, but that's a whole different rant.

I like these and the colors. They are FJ so usually that means comfort, but at those prices here are better & less expensive options out there IMO

Thing I'm most disappointed in the lack of update to the DNA's, but that's a whole different rant.

They were so big on them last year and nearly "beaming" at the PGA Show. Marketshare dictates it I guess, but I agree. Not sure if its killed off at this point or its a 2 year thing, but does not make sense.

FWIW, I cant imagine their Tour Pros wearing these, but then again, that was not working well. Maybe if they get a tour pro or 3 in these they see sales.

Im undecided. They look like a tennis shoe, but not as good as the Puma's.

I can't really decide if I like them or not. My first reaction was ehhh but after seeing some of other color options - I am not opposed to them.

They were so big on them last year and nearly "beaming" at the PGA Show. Marketshare dictates it I guess, but I agree. Not sure if its killed off at this point or its a 2 year thing, but does not make sense.

FWIW, I cant imagine their Tour Pros wearing these, but then again, that was not working well. Maybe if they get a tour pro or 3 in these they see sales.

All I've seen is one or two new colour combinations, which are far from inspiring. As a large fan of the DNA, was hoping for a little more, even a MyJoy option.

The only tour player I can see wearing these is Hunter. He appears to be their guy when it comes to their.....ummm.....interesting new releases.

I like that they are trying different things, but to me, FJ is like the Ogio of shoes...

I couldn't ever decide if I liked the DNAs because I didn't want to drop the $$$ on them. I thought they looked pretty good when I saw them on Tour. I can say I'm not a fan of these. Some of the other color options maybe, but not the ones in the OP.

I like that they're finding ways to make a more comfortable, dynamic shoe, while keeping spikes on them. I'm still quite fond of my M:projects, both the spiked and spikeless versions.

It's not so much the color scheme as the design that gives me pause on these. Just looks very loud and overdone. Admittedly FootJoy is in an odd spot because their branding is distinctive but doesn't integrate into shoe design. Adidas' stripes, Nike's swoosh, Puma's design, these are not only distinctive, but blend well into footwear. FootJoy needs to find a design that works and stick with it long enough for the design to become synonymous with the brand, then build around those design elements.

not a fan. I prefer the more casual look vs. a tennis shoe. Do not like the webbing at all.

I think they are hideous.

I think I'll pass on these. Just too sporty for my taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know why, but I like them, and too bad they didn't keep the color scheme going on the rest!

Hunter Mahan was wearing these last weekend and I just remember my first thought was "wtf is on his feet?" Not my cup of tea, but the white ones aren't terrible. Too many good options from Adidas/Nike/Puma that I think it has FJ scrambling to find something "cool"

The last couple of releases from FJ have been interesting and not as conservative as FJ was known for and I'm not sure how it's actually working for them.

Is there any new tech in these or are they just a redesign?

I think these are pretty sharpe! Love the colors, wonder if they are going to have any other colors

I like the black ones.

Certainly a departure from some of their other styles, and for that I am happy

I actually kinda like the white ones, but I think I need to see them in person. They look extremely comfy, and since I walk most of the time I need something that isn't going to hurt my feet.

Hunter Mahan was wearing these last weekend and I just remember my first thought was "wtf is on his feet?" Not my cup of tea, but the white ones aren't terrible. Too many good options from Adidas/Nike/Puma that I think it has FJ scrambling to find something "cool"

Didn't even realize it, but looking back, Hunter has been wearing these since the Ryder Cup.

Seattle Seahawks golf shoes.

Those look pretty awesome.

Automatic Beast Mode.

Marshawn-Lynch-workout.png

I'm not sure how I feel about these. They look super comfortable to me and I'm kind of digging the blue and lime green but not sure if I like em or not.

They're a little too flashy for me... okay a lot too flashy.

Back