The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have at least shared some of their deflated balls with the Colts so we could have scored another TD or something, then we would have only lost by 31

Find it extremely odd that all 12 of the Colts footballs met the requirements, but 11 of the Patriots balls were under inflated. I think I recall both teams playing in the same weather. So, the whole weather argument is out of the window.

Again, they could have played with medicine balls and the Colts would have gotten beat by 20. However, I do not think an equipment guy just randomly took out some air on the Patriots footballs after the ref inspected them.

One thing that stood out to me is... when the Patriots were about to start their first drive in the second half, there was alot of waiting around for another ball. Announcers said they spotted the kicking ball. With that said, I wonder if the ref who spotted the ball actually felt that it was under inflated. Reason I ask, when they threw the ball to the sideline, it surely wasnt placed with the other "kicking balls".

Yes, I am a Colts fan and I am extremely bitter, but that is not why we lost the game... I just find it extremely odd that the Patriots always seem to get "caught". Bountygate lead to a year long suspension for coaches... video taping teams practices and other stuff lead to a fine and a loss of a draft pick. Losing a draft pick stinks, but I think a year long suspension hurts a whole lot more.

They could have at least shared some of their deflated balls with the Colts so we could have scored another TD or something, then we would have only lost by 31

I knew something had to be up with that football. God knows, DQwell Jackson cannot catch a dart thrown up the seam. He couldn't catch a cold in Alaska. HA!

One of the key words in the ESPN article..."significantly" deflated. This wasn't just a simple temperature change (which the temp did not really drop too much from the beginning of the game to the end).

The temperature had nothing to do with it. The Colts balls were fine, and official temperature at the start of the game was 51 degrees, and at the end was like 46 degrees. This was apparently caught to start the 2nd half, so it was somewhere in between those points to boot.

Bridgestone-e6-NFL-Golf-Balls_NEP_550.jpeg

I'll be investing in some Patriots golf balls this year. They come tampered with to give me an extra advantage on the course.

The temperature had nothing to do with it. The Colts balls were fine, and official temperature at the start of the game was 51 degrees, and at the end was like 46 degrees. This was apparently caught to start the 2nd half, so it was somewhere in between those points to boot.

From what I read... DQwell Jackson made the interception and noticed it immediately. Handed it to a Colts official which in turn they notified the league official. Then, to start the 2nd half, the ref noticed it as well that the ball felt deflated.

Again, it means a pinch of puppy poop, but it gives me more fuel to hate that team more.

Lets say the League found out the Refs didn't do there job & did not even check the balls, do you think the league would release that info or just continue the "Patriots deflated the balls" theme.

Now that it has been proven that the Pats balls were deflated I'm interested to see all the Patriots conspiracy theorists ideas as to how this is not the Patriots fault.

Lets say the League found out the Refs didn't do there job & did not even check the balls, do you think the league would release that info or just continue the "Patriots deflated the balls" theme.

The refs did check the balls 2 hours prior to kickoff. That has been stated.

Now that it has been proven that the Pats balls were deflated I'm interested to see all the Patriots conspiracy theorists ideas as to how this is not the Patriots fault.

Refs did it
Obama did it
The Colts did it for an excuse when they lose
Weather
The balls were improperly handled & put in a freezer
Hernandez did it from Jail in the hope they don't win w/o him
Vegas did it, too much $$ on the Colts +7

oh & finally....Someone on the Patriots did it because winning far outweighs the penalty of getting caught

:angel:

The refs did check the balls 2 hours prior to kickoff. That has been stated.
my question was hypothetical about the league & them covering there own a$$

Personally I dont care that the refs didnt check the fact that it is 11 balls tells me it was blatant could it have been caught maybe but the act was still committed by someone and the patriots deserve to be punished hard for this one. Would it have changed the game outcome no but they have a long history of shady things I get trying to get the leg up but they take it past that. I remember a few years ago reading an article about how the visiting team players have the most trouble with their qb headsets at foxboro. Just far to much smoke for me.

It is a shame as well i cant stand BB or Tom Brady but Brady is a great and at some point you have to wonder if any of this tarnishes their legacy

The league is infallible.

The new Falcons stadium will have a retractable roof.... that looks like a butt hole

mppopy83iolmpoqevv4t.gif

I'm a patriots fan. I thought the story was a bunch of BS. Apparently I was wrong. The pats should face whatever disciplinary actions come their way. I don't think it made an impact on the came, in fact, Tom Brady was better in the 2nd half. I'm happy the Pats are in the Super Bowl, but, I can see how fans of other teams could be angry.

Also, the Ravens claims are completely sour grapes. To come back over a week later and try to make up claims is sad. They blew two 14 point leads, not the balls.

So what is the mandated air pressure of NFL game balls anyway?

And with all that....I have no interest in this Super Bowl.

2 cheaters have made it to the big game and the league will worry more about what dances and celebrations players can do than getting the scumbags off the field.

My personal opinion is that BB should be banned for life from ever coaching again but that will never happen.

One year suspension starting today sounds fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back