The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No doubt Belichick with throw some intern ball boy under the bus for acting completely on his own without any direction from the Patriots.

No doubt Belichick with throw some intern ball boy under the bus for acting completely on his own without any direction from the Patriots.

no doubt, I will say its crazy to think there is an opportunity for someone to deflate one game ball much less 11 between the time the balls are checked until the end of the game, you would think the NFL would do a better job guarding the balls.

Former Buccaneers quarterback Brad Johnson has admitted to paying a bribe to have the footballs tampered with before the 2003 Super Bowl.

Johnson, whose Buccaneers beat the Raiders at Super Bowl XXXVII, said he paid $7,500 to some people he did not identify so that they would scuff the balls set to be used in the Super Bowl, making them easier to grip. According to Johnson, there were 100 footballs set aside for the game, and the people he bribed tampered with all 100, to Johnson’s specifications.

I paid some guys off to get the balls right,” Johnson told the Tampa Bay Times. “I went and got all 100 footballs, and they took care of all of them.”

That’s a shocking admission — Johnson is confessing that he cheated to help his team win the Super Bowl, and that people who work for the NFL accepted a bribe to help one team cheat in the Super Bowl.....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t=3345814&utm_source=TW @NBCSports&utm_tags =

boy oh boy

That's it. Football is canceled.

My personal opinion is that BB should be banned for life from ever coaching again but that will never happen.

That seems a bit harsh.

99.9999% of Colts fans have not argued anything about the outcome of the game, if they have they are idiots but I have not seen a single fan argue this changed the game. Being caught for a second time cheating I would think Goodell would have to come down pretty hard on BB. He is a repeat offender. Kinda sucks for Pats fans, and even their players who don't choose to cheat, because now their coach is going to cost them their reputation and possibly hurt the team by losing more draft picks.

Maybe the Ravens players didn't want to say anything because they didn't want to be criticized like the Colts are now...even though the Colts aren't responsible for the Pats cheating. But one does have to wonder how many times the Pats may have done this in the past.

That seems a bit harsh.

How so?

The guy has been caught multiple times at this point. That means one of two things:

1) He sucks at cheating and gets caught
2) He cheats more often than everyone else and thus his odds of being caught go up. (Of course this assumes everyone cheats like others have stated.)

I've said it many times but it's amazing what a logo and fandom can do. (Not directed at you MBurnham because I read your earlier posts as well.) Just a general observation about sports anymore. I don't understand the mentality of "everyone does it so it must be okay."

Cheating is cheating. There's no gray area like many try to make.

Interesting article here: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...11-under-inflated-balls-from-afc-championship

Other QBs chiming in saying that Pro QBs are very picky about their footballs. Need to be an exact pressure and they would be able to tell a difference in a small adjustment. An average person (ref, ball boy, etc) would not be able to feel and know a difference. Could Brady be the one responsible? Especially after this story of the Bucs QB coming out admitting to bribing the ball people, could Brady have bribed someone to deflate the balls? Maybe BB didn't know about it after all and this is just as much a surprise to him as it is to us.

So do we officially call this DeflateGate?

I still don't understand how the Patriots cheated by making a ball hypothetically more easy to pass and catch while playing a team with no running game to speak of.

Thought this was pretty funny

Browns hiring raiders QB coach to be the OC...awesome

12.5 psi is what I read.
But Rodgers says there's no maximum, and refs deflate the balls during the game. I demand a Senate comittee hearing. If they can waste their time talking about steroids in baseball, I want those geezers getting to the bottom of Deflategate.

BB should be suspended for the entire year next year and yes that includes not being able to coach the super bowl this year/loss of two first round draft picks and a 250k fine paid by BB and a 250k fine paid by the team.

The coaches in bountygate were suspended for the year and had no priors. BB has priors and the things he have done could have directly affected the outcomes of some game (not saying the indy game but who know if he has done it before).

I am sorry but the league/espn lovefest for the patriots and BB is getting old the way the last cheating scandal was handled was just awful

Wow. I was looking at the Morgan Burnett interception late in the 4th quarter for GB and he could've walked into the end zone. I kind of wondered why he slid at the time but after seeing the open field in the replay that would've sealed the deal. Smh

DeflateGate solved....

Wow. I was looking at the Morgan Burnett interception late in the 4th quarter for GB and he could've walked into the end zone. I kind of wondered why he slid at the time but after seeing the open field in the replay that would've sealed the deal. Smh

at the time I thought it was a smart play, don't risk fumbling it form a player not paid to carry the ball. God knows if he ran it and somehow fumbled the ball people would crucify him.

at the time I thought it was a smart play, don't risk fumbling it form a player not paid to carry the ball. God knows if he ran it and somehow fumbled the ball people would crucify him.

With that much time left you always keep the pedal down play to win dont play not to lose

The Official 2014 NFL Thread

BB should be suspended for the entire year next year and yes that includes not being able to coach the super bowl this year/loss of two first round draft picks and a 250k fine paid by BB and a 250k fine paid by the team.

The coaches in bountygate were suspended for the year and had no priors. BB has priors and the things he have done could have directly affected the outcomes of some game (not saying the indy game but who know if he has done it before).

I am sorry but the league/espn lovefest for the patriots and BB is getting old the way the last cheating scandal was handled was just awful

I do think priors need to be taken into account, but deflated balls should not be anywhere near paying money for injuring players on other teams.

They were talking about this on Mike & Mike yesterday. I guess Julius Peppers was in front of him yelling at him to get down. They said if you were a young inexperienced player and a well respected guy like Julius Peppers is yelling at you to get down then you'd probably get down too. I feel bad for the kid, but I would have probably listened to Julius also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back