Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Review

I will have to pull some numbers off of the flightscope on Friday. They were almost comical last time I was on it.

I don't think they are as long as some of the more GI irons out there (Apex, 545), but they aren't as much shorter as some think either. They really are well rounded irons, I know some think I'm full of shat, but they are.
All I know is that the monitor at pga store spit out 193 to 195 carry repeatedly. Vapor pro with dg pro s300 was 180 ish carry which is normal for me in this altitude.

Off track side note :
Srixon 545 with stock nippon stiff 6 iron 210 carry lmao

I don't think they are as long as some of the more GI irons out there (Apex, 545), but they aren't as much shorter as some think either. They really are well rounded irons, I know some think I'm full of shat, but they are.
Gday Jman
I tried a pm without success, however , what in your personal opinion is more forgiving, apex, z545, vapour pro combo or the i20 irons?
cheers

All I know is that the monitor at pga store spit out 193 to 195 carry repeatedly. Vapor pro with dg pro s300 was 180 ish carry which is normal for me in this altitude.

Off track side note :
Srixon 545 with stock nippon stiff 6 iron 210 carry lmao
And here I am giddy with a 160yd vapor pro 6 iron. That's insane.

And here I am giddy with a 160yd vapor pro 6 iron. That's insane.
I tend to be a club longer with graphite shafts. No idea why

Gday Jman
I tried a pm without success, however , what in your personal opinion is more forgiving, apex, z545, vapour pro combo or the i20 irons?
cheers
I will answer for Jman, I have an idea where he will go, the Apex and z545 are the most forgiving options

Gday Jman
cheers

I will answer for Jman, I have an idea where he will go, the Apex and z545 are the most forgiving options

Joe got it.

IMO, 545, then Apex, then i20, and then the VPC's.

Mark crossfield carried out a comparison with the Rocketbladez tour irons with the old Pro Combo's. What is the comparison with the VPC's and the Rocketbladez tour in terms of distance, feel and forgiveness?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mark crossfield carried out a comparison with the Rocketbladez tour irons with the old Pro Combo's. What is the comparison with the VPC's and the Rocketbladez tour in terms of distance, feel and forgiveness?

They feel better, by a large margin IMO, but I always thought the RBZ tour were incredibly harsh.

Similar distance, but more forgiveness in my experience, especially toe side.

They feel better, by a large margin IMO, but I always thought the RBZ tour were incredibly harsh.

That's really interesting because I always felt the RBZ were forgiving, can't wait to hit these.

That's really interesting because I always felt the RBZ were forgiving, can't wait to hit these.

RBZ I agree, the Tours can only do so much because of the size profile.

I'm with you on this. I was not fan of the RBZ Tour. I found them harsh and clicky. They didn't last very long in my bag.

Any comparisons of these and the nike vr forged pro combo (last versions) ?????
Better or worse?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Better or worse?

Did you read through this thread? I am about positive there were numerous comparisons made.

Better or worse?

Did you read through this thread? I am about positive there were numerous comparisons made.

Jman speaks directly about the comparison.

I played the original VR Forged Pro Combos. To say these are an improvement would be an understatement, it would be a disservice to the word "improvement."

There were no comparison about performance, only one comparison about profile size.

There were no comparison about performance, only one comparison about profile size.

The profile tells a lot about the performance. These are not the footprint that the VR PC's were, with that has come a bit more offset, a little thicker chassis, wider sole, and a progressive nature that lends to being a LOT more forgiving than the VR PC's were and also longer in my experience with the two sets.

Same pro combo moniker, totally different beasts. This, IMO, was a necessary move for them to fill the gap between their players "Pro" irons and their GI "Speed", and they do it very very well.

The VPCs are an improvement.

No comparison at all IMO. There are a set of the old pro combos in our shop. The new ones are so much better looking and more forgiving I can't tell you.

They are so good in fact that my ap2's just came in and i am not even going to take the plastic off. No need, I won't hit them any better. I bought the nikes becasue they were too good a deal to pass up and was going to flick them once the ap2's arrived but not going to happen now. And I really liked the ap2! (Obviously or wouldn't have ordered them :)

When Cookie was prepairing for the Grandaddy, he passed his set on to me for me to give some thoughts on these. So, I put my DPCs to the side and started playing the VPC set. Guess what, the VPC are still in my bag. I really do need to get these back to him. These are just so easy to hit and I feel I am much more accurate with these in play.

When Cookie was prepairing for the Grandaddy, he passed his set on to me for me to give some thoughts on these. So, I put my DPCs to the side and started playing the VPC set. Guess what, the VPC are still in my bag. I really do need to get these back to him. These are just so easy to hit and I feel I am much more accurate with these in play.
Do you strut? When I'm around my irons I strut

Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Review

Finally got to hit these today. Spent about 45 minutes with the 6 iron of the pro combos and the pros. Solid feeling club really. During the comparison I didn't feel like there was a huge difference between the two as far as distance of well struck shots. Trajectory was. Bit lower with the pros, but not significantly. The pro combos felt very similar to my Apex pros really. If u had to chose between the pros and the pro combos I would take the combos, but that's solely based on the fact that I have bad ball striking days and a little bit of forgiveness isn't all bad.

On the aesthetic side of the house I like the look, but I'm pretty much tired of the PVD finishing across the board. They all seem to make up pretty easy, and honestly if I'm paying good money for clubs I want good looking clubs 9 months from now..

Well this may have just started a ponder. I love the DPCs, but I love the way these VPCs look and if they perform as well as you guys are talking, I need them in the bag.

Well this may have just started a ponder. I love the DPCs, but I love the way these VPCs look and if they perform as well as you guys are talking, I need them in the bag.
It was, and still is, shocking that I liked these so much. I never expected to have such good results with these.
I will be gaming these one more round, then going back to the DPCs. But before I do, I plan on doing another head to head tomorrow (DPC/VPC) with the SC100 on the range. Haven't really compared distance numbers between the two sets much.
But then, I need to return them to Cookie. I will say, it has been fun playing these.

Back