Nike Vapor Pro Combo Irons Review

Had these back in the bag today and it was like going back to an old friend, thats a feeling I haven't personally had with an iron in a long while, probably since my i20's to be honest. Everyone is different, but I love what I see from them.

The flightscope was set to fairway because we were working with driver. But Yeah. This was the 8i.

de2481fdbaf8ded30841181a6d752ff3.jpg

I enjoy these irons immensely

You're a monster, blu.

Blu that's huge haha. I hit these again today and they are great sticks when I hit them solid, but they definitely earn their "Pro" moniker. Not too forgiving, although definitely above average for their size. I would compare them to my Adams CMB's pretty nearly honestly (and for a player's iron, that is high praise).

Blu that's huge haha. I hit these again today and they are great sticks when I hit them solid, but they definitely earn their "Pro" moniker. Not too forgiving, although definitely above average for their size. I would compare them to my Adams CMB's pretty nearly honestly (and for a player's iron, that is high praise).
Very interesting, definitely more demanding that say apex or irons like that, but the launch is soooo much better for me than the cmb's were. Most surprising is that the side they showed better numbers than what I had written down for the cmb but without the tungsten. Show just how different we are for sure though.

I just love that they are lightyears more forgiving than all the previous pro combo releases.

Very interesting, definitely more demanding that say apex or irons like that, but the launch is soooo much better for me than the cmb's were. Most surprising is that the side they showed better numbers than what I had written down for the cmb but without the tungsten. Show just how different we are for sure though.

I just love that they are lightyears more forgiving than all the previous pro combo releases.

Admittedly, my CMB's have KBS Tour shafts in them and not C-Tapers like the stock configuration, which helps the launch significantly. I would agree that this head launches easier, but laterally I found a definite propensity to hook off the toe, more for me than in the CMB. Could be a fitting thing though, a flatter lie may compensate for it.

You are utterly on point though that they are more forgiving than previous PC's. Those muscle short irons were SCARY haha. They are certainly great irons, and I feel that with a proper fitting I could game them easily. And they are STUNNING in person. I poo poo'd the Volt color scheme early on, but damn they are a knock out in hand.

I played the Cmb's with my ctl in them last year a few rounds, always loved those irons but knew I just needed to move on and not let it stick. So pretty through.

That's an understatement

That's an understatement
Its like the stock shafts in them, same name properties of previous versions, but tooooooooootally different performance.

I played the Cmb's with my ctl in them last year a few rounds, always loved those irons but knew I just needed to move on and not let it stick. So pretty through.

I bet the CMB's would be a lot of fun with CTL's. But you're right - there's a reason I've moved on from the CMB's. Just not enough forgiveness.

Blu your an animal! How far do you hit other 8is of a similar profile?

Blu your an animal! How far do you hit other 8is of a similar profile?
Honestly, I don't hit many irons on this flightscope. The Tour Preferred MB 8i was a 170 at the end of the season. I haven't swung those since October however.

Demoed the Vapor Pro Combos today. Wow was about the consensus. Had a great mid flight with pleasing sound and even in the 30* weather wasn't too harsh on the feedback. Plus, stability on mishits out toward the toe. I can't speak on distance really accurately but they were on par with what I'd expect and fit my eye extremely well. A great all around package offering by Nike, one that I am very fond of after today.

I'll echo what Tyler just said!
His face... Them him saying "Get these things away from me!"

I was surprised myself on he dozen or so swings I took, great looks, feel, sound, and distance!

Solid, Solid iron!

They really are solid. Love it guys!

Demoed the Vapor Pro Combos today. Wow was about the consensus. Had a great mid flight with pleasing sound and even in the 30* weather wasn't too harsh on the feedback. Plus, stability on mishits out toward the toe. I can't speak on distance really accurately but they were on par with what I'd expect and fit my eye extremely well. A great all around package offering by Nike, one that I am very fond of after today.

Interesting. Throughout the past couple years we've had similar taste in irons. Just the simple fact that you like these so much, these irons have my attention

Interesting. Throughout the past couple years we've had similar taste in irons. Just the simple fact that you like these so much, these irons have my attention
It really is interesting. A friend said he was looking hard/ordering these and I wanted to see what they were all about. James speaks the darn truth about them. Swing 1 was just as pleasant as swing 25 and I just flat out got along with them. Try them and you will want them.

It really is interesting. A friend said he was looking hard/ordering these and I wanted to see what they were all about. James speaks the darn truth about them. Swing 1 was just as pleasant as swing 25 and I just flat out got along with them. Try them and you will want them.

A friend? Hmm.. Mine will be ordered by weekends end

I absolutely love my irons. But sometimes the ball flight is just too much for me to handle. And once I saw you say mid flight my eyes opened up real wide

Shhhhhhh, I make it all up don't you know. :alien:

I took these to the range before my round today and put the 7i up against my DPC 7i on the SC100. What I saw was not a complete surprise from what I have been seeing on the course. Accuracy was better with the VPC and they were very similar on distance. I didn't have the greatest of swings going today, so the distances were down for both, but the longest shot of the session was with the VPC.

Shhhhhhh, I make it all up don't you know. :alien:

You also spoke highly of the speedblades which helped assure my purchase. When your right, your right. I have to try these soon

I absolutely love my irons. But sometimes the ball flight is just too much for me to handle. And once I saw you say mid flight my eyes opened up real wide
Yeah it was a very pleasant sight. James put a very nice review on this one and I saw what he saw to a T. The shaft pairing is a home run.
A friend? Hmm.. Mine will be ordered by weekends end
Alright, it was you. I grabbed them to dispell the "might be too much for me talk". Nonsense. Game and enjoy the heck out of these, you will do well with them.

Hehe. The peak height on the ball below was 126'

Also note, I have a high ball flight and love it.
The flightscope was set to fairway because we were working with driver. But Yeah. This was the 8i.

de2481fdbaf8ded30841181a6d752ff3.jpg

I enjoy these irons immensely

Oh these addicting little irons.

I enjoyed my time with the 545's, I know them and the Apex are more forgiving, but these just hold my eye insanely well. I'm confident with them and paired with the DG Pro's I can launch them through the set. Plus, mental or not, my accuracy is better, I know thats me and my swing, but its true FOR ME. These are just everything I personally want in an iron right now.

Back