Dustin Johnson Taking Leave From Golf

Lets hope that what he has said, carries on into the future. Dude has so much talent is so exciting to watch.

The carefully choreographed PR blitz has started: DJ gives his first interview since his leave to Sports Illustrated.
http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/dustin-johnson-has-new-outlook-his-game-and-his-life
I can't figure out if this is an interview or a press release. Can't remember when I last read such a perfectly choreographed article. So sweet, I need to see a dentist after reading it. Cut the crap and just own up to your mistakes instead of PR-stunts like these.

I really hope he does wall after his return; he's an amazingly gifted player.

I will continue to say it, the dude has more natural talent for the game then anyone since Tiger. If he gets his head right, we could see 10 years of some amazing golf from him.

I will continue to say it, the dude has more natural talent for the game then anyone since Tiger. If he gets his head right, we could see 10 years of some amazing golf from him.

I hope he learns how to close in the majors here soon. Kills me to see 3 majors he's blown due to pressure, the rules, or a poor decision off the tee.

Congrats to the new father.

B71nNFUIUAApADe.jpg:large

Congrats to the family.

Congrats to him and his family, but I saw his interview this morning on Sportscenter and was shocked at just how awkward it was. I knew he was never really that well spoken, but he danced around a bunch of questions and it made the whole thing feel uncomfortable and contrived.

Congrats to DJ and Paula.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am sorry but his story makes no sense, he does not have a drug problem, he does not seem to deny doing cocaine, but says its not the issue, he is shooting 61-63-61 at Sherwood CC so he can clearly play golf, yet he was not suspended but he has not played an official event in 5 months.

What ever the issue is I hope the guy gets better, but come on just be honest.

Congrats to the new father and hopefully this is what he needs to gain some maturity and stability in his life. There are so many great golfers right now and I am hoping that he settles in and throws his name in with the rest. I am really looking forward to seeing what 2015 brings on the PGA tour.

I'm not sure why he owes anybody other than maybe his sponsors and friends/family an explanation. Hopefully it's a new start for him though. At some point you have to grow up and with the new child it seems like now would be that time.

I'm not sure why he owes anybody other than maybe his sponsors and friends/family an explanation. Hopefully it's a new start for him though. At some point you have to grow up and with the new child it seems like now would be that time.

+1 to this statement.

Awesome and congrats with the baby! Hopefully this will help him get his head on straight. I have always enjoyed watching him play. I wanna see him back out there. Maybe he can start some type of group with Anthony Kim!

I'm with you on this one, but since he is out making the interview round he could at least be a little more forthcoming. This half committement to telling his story just isnt working for me.

Hopefully the New family demands will really get his head straight and back to playing in the top 10 in the world

He came out and admitted he was partying and drinking too much.

Not sure why so many people are upset over him not saying he snorted or smoked crack. Still more open than the old DJ ever was.

Tired of hearing about this guy...

How long till he's back to bottoming other golfers wives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congratulations to the new family.
article-gretzky-0121.jpg

Back