Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Infinite?

No equipment talk in here...u guys will just have to wait and see

No equipment talk in here...u guys will just have to wait and see

Your bag is different every time I see you lol must come from your basement that's full of free equipment

Your bag is different every time I see you lol must come from your basement that's full of free equipment
Hahahaha u make a funny

***CONFIRMED***
I will be in the mentor area the late morning/early afternoon Sunday the 15th of February.

Anyone want to hang out?

***CONFIRMED***
I will be in the mentor area the late morning/early afternoon Sunday the 15th of February.

Anyone want to hang out?

I'll be around flying out on the 16th though.

***CONFIRMED***

Anyone want to hang out?
I should be around. We can go up to Dave and busters for a little four way hockey

I should be around. We can go up to Dave and busters for a little four way hockey

Make sure you call ahead and warn them. "All children must wear helmets"

***CONFIRMED***

Anyone want to hang out?
I could probably hang.

If im not watching the replay of the National Championship I may be around

***CONFIRMED***

Anyone want to hang out?

Sounds great! Got to check the kid's basketball schedule though

Pizza sunday?

Where should we order from? My office orders terrible pizza from East of Chicago, so let's avoid that place.
No clue I don't know much about what's around there. Maybe Mr maynard knows.

people at work were just talking about that place today

Sounds like it's settled then, barring any objections.

There have been stories about U.S. Presidents having Air Force one flown here to pick up a pie from there. They actually have stuff on the walls inside there about all kinds of celebrities going there for pizza. On the weekends at night the line wraps out the door.

There have been stories about U.S. Presidents having Air Force one flown here to pick up a pie from there. They actually have stuff on the walls inside there about all kinds of celebrities going there for pizza. On the weekends at night the line wraps out the door.

So they are either that good, or they are terribly slow at making pizza.

I am embarrassed to say that I've lived in Cuyahoga Falls for around a year and a half, and I still have yet to have a pizza from Luigi's. Oh, I've been there a couple times, but all I've ever had is one of those 12 pound pasta casserole things they serve. But, if it's anywhere near as good as those, the pizza will be fantastic. Oh, and their salads- if you like cheese (like 5 pounds of it), they are your place for salad! I don't eat salads to be healthy :)

appears I'll be bringing a new putter to the gathering SUnday

I'm bummed, I ordered an R15, but it won't arrive here till Monday. I do have the shaft for it, so I might use it in my SLDR just to take it for a spin/ compare it to the shaft I have in it now. I have an Odyssey Works #7 on the way also, but those don't ship till 1/30, I think. Who would have thought that I'd be watching tracking info so closely in January!

It has been a pretty busy golf week for me considering it's January!! I made a couple trips to the range and put my new driver through the paces and started seeing some good results. I may have to add some loft, and get a little better distance. Still working on making my swing more consistant and trying to compress the ball better getting my hands in front of the clubhead at impact.

On Wednesday night me and a few buddies got together to play a round indoors on an Optishot simulator. Have you guys ever used one of these? The round was fun, but it is faaaarrrrrrrr from being a simulator of true flight, distance and trajectory. It's a pretty cool thing to do if you just think of it as a video game. I had to head to the range after work today to confirm that I wasn't actually hitting as poorly as I did last night, or when we went to Rose's Run for that matter. I was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't at all horrible on the mats today.

After the range I attended an open house at the newest Golftec location in the area. This was pretty cool. Have any of you ever had any lessons through Golftec? There were about 16 guys there and prizes were given for longest drive and "greenest" swing. Long drive is pretty self-explanatory, but the other is where they use their body position sensor to measure your spine angles and shoulder turn etc.. at address, impact, top of backswing and finish. The winner there was the one who's body positions most closely mirrored those of the pro golfer stats they have in their database. I didn't win that competition, but did hit some nice balls to show off on the screen. I was there with mostly older gentlemen who were quite surprised that my longest 6 iron (236yds) was longer than all but 2 of their drives. I loved the fact that none of my 3 test hits were more than 14yds offline as well!! I managed to rather easily take the win in the long driver contest. I won with a 324 yd drive, but was happier that all 5 balls landed on the 40yd wide grid and 4/5 were 300+yds, with a 265yd toe mishit the lone exception. I won a free swing evaluation with that result, and have already received some feedback on where I'm going wrong in my swing.

What type of simulator are you guys going to be hitting on this weekend, and do you think they are really accurate?

We will be playing on a Full Swing Golf simulator. It is supposedly one of the more accurate simulators out there.

Back