Nike Vapor Pro Driver - Preview Thread

Really loved the feel of the Pro. Looking forward to giving it more time.

Thanks for the pics James!

The differences in the two heads are nearly astonishing, but I love that there is a genuinely notable difference between the 'tiers'

Also, I need to keep hunting for shafts for my Vapor Pro driver. Thinking maybe Miyazaki Kusala Indigo or an Oban Devotion 7 series. My prediction is full on BOMBS off the tee with some of the lowest spin I've ever seen.

That's a great picture for comparison. I love, love, love the look of the Pro, but I most likely am someone who should be playing the Speed. Will have to try them side by side once the snow thaws in a million years or so. Interestingly, it doesn't look like the face on the Pro is a ton more deep than the speed, is the speed just really long front-to-back, like the Ping G series is?

The differences in the two heads are nearly astonishing, but I love that there is a genuinely notable difference between the 'tiers'

Also, I need to keep hunting for shafts for my Vapor Pro driver. Thinking maybe Miyazaki Kusala Indigo or an Oban Devotion 7 series. My prediction is full on BOMBS off the tee with some of the lowest spin I've ever seen.

Bomber. You and this head would...nay....WILL get along incredibly well.

That's a great picture for comparison. I love, love, love the look of the Pro, but I most likely am someone who should be playing the Speed. Will have to try them side by side once the snow thaws in a million years or so. Interestingly, it doesn't look like the face on the Pro is a ton more deep than the speed, is the speed just really long front-to-back, like the Ping G series is?

The Speed is a touch deeper, the crown on it actually slants DOWN towards the rear of the club more to keep it 460cc. I'll ass though the rounded toe on the Pro also makes the face take that different angled shape, you really notice the toe at address, just a nice little aesthetic thing that was asked for by Rory.

Its long front to back, but it doesn't take on that pointed rear like the G-series does, still very balanced/rounded.

Question popped into my head today...Jman, have you hit this club with a shaft from the covert line, specifically with the flexloft 1.0 adapter? Wondering if it has any noticable effect on the feel of the head or potential ball flight. Having extra weight on the heel side makes me fear a draw bias, however small it may be.

Question popped into my head today...Jman, have you hit this club with a shaft from the covert line, specifically with the flexloft 1.0 adapter? Wondering if it has any noticable effect on the feel of the head or potential ball flight. Having extra weight on the heel side makes me fear a draw bias, however small it may be.

I have, my 661 and Kusala White have the original FlexLoft's on them, Nike says its about a 1.5 swing-weight change.

I look forward to adding my thoughts tomorrow.

I have, my 661 and Kusala White have the original FlexLoft's on them, Nike says its about a 1.5 swing-weight change.

Its probably tough to tell without having the same shaft with both adapters, but did you notice any real difference? I'm not sure I could tell the difference of 1.5 SW.

Its probably tough to tell without having the same shaft with both adapters, but did you notice any real difference? I'm not sure I could tell the difference of 1.5 SW.

Some can, some won't. I'm a head heavy guy and I can tell the difference going from the S+/Fubuki-Z with the new adapter to the Miya/Speeder with the old.

You're a manimal.

This one is more for fun to be honest. No trouble with the J715 but I'm intrigued enough and with the trade value I got for my G30 it was a cheap endeavor.

This one is more for fun to be honest. No trouble with the J715 but I'm intrigued enough and with the trade value I got for my G30 it was a cheap endeavor.

Now you have full loft options as well. Its why I'm such a fan of the FlexLoft adapter.

Now you have full loft options as well. Its why I'm such a fan of the FlexLoft adapter.

I'll admit it was a big selling point. I need lower spin but higher loft and the independent loft/face settings was huge.

I'll admit it was a big selling point. I need lower spin but higher loft and the independent loft/face settings was huge.

They've come a long way fromt eh damn dymo and that infernal beeping wrench.

They've come a long way fromt eh damn dymo and that infernal beeping wrench.

Maybe we can push them a bit more to install a grip that isn't a total piece of junk.

Its horrible. Such a bad grip.

I just took the one off my 3w.

Not only is it a crap grip, it's also challenging to get off.

Just stick with the same grips as the irons have. Classic.

I just took the one off my 3w.

Not only is it a crap grip, it's also challenging to get off.

Just stick with the same grips as the irons have. Classic.
Yep, I actually asked for anything but that one when we were at the Oven, got a crossline, which I hate....but I hate it WAY less than the stock grip.

Got my Vapor Pro Driver, Vapor Speed 3 Wood, Vapor Speed 4 iron and Vapor Pro Combo (5-W) through DD with Golf Pride Z cords. Love em

Nice! Be sure to update us on what you think

Got my Vapor Pro with the stock Diamana s+ as I have a couple of shafts that I can play around with (Matrix Red Tie and Rip Phenom). Coming from the SLDR which I liked alot--just don't care for the harsh feel. We'll see how the Diamana plays (i live in OH) so I'll be limited to some range sessions when the weather isn't too brutal. I might be surprised with the Diamana, however, I'm looking forward to trying all 3 shafts/loft/lie combo's this spring to find out where this thing really purrs for me. I can't wait. Going ALL NIKE in 2015...just wished they paid me to do so LOL.

i'm anxious to see what the Diamana feels like in the Vapor Pro. I agree with you in that I never cared for the Kuro Kage offerings in the Coverts. I like what you're saying regarding the mid-high launch, low-mid spin...hoping i can get that too. I also hate the "boardy" term but it is what is is when it comes to feel. I almost pulled the trigger on the Kiyoshi Purple but will see how my current collection shafts work before going that route.

Demo'd this today with the whiteboard in stiff. The look at setup delivers a look that gives confidence, my swing is a little messed up but the feel and sound of this driver are very pleasing. Got next to me even commented on how good it sound. I had no problems getting the 9.5 up in the air. First 5-6 shots were setup with the shaft in 9.5 left and I was hitting some really nice straight s***s with a little draw on my couple. According to sc100 distance was 254ish. Hit 5 shots with it set to 9.5 neutral and hit a few pushes, but was able to get it to a little fade.

Really impressed with with this driver.

Back