Tiger suspended? Used illegal ball?

Something that's not getting mentioned here is that this guy also basically said that Rory is using an illegal ball as well. If you recall, he said that Rory was about to leave Nike unless Nike gave him the same ball as Tiger.
Hahahahaha.

So so precious.

Him, not you. Well, you're precious to, just in a different way.

Lets be honest, if this were to be true (the failed drug test) would anyone be surprised?

Maybe he is suspended, but if he wasn't would it matter? Not like he was even competitive let alone dominating so this is a non story either way.

I dont believe it. What company would make these for him knowing what would happen if it came out?

I think Golf Channel put this guy up to it so they could talk about Tiger some more.

Some people think they are "above" the law or believe they will never get caught.
You dont think a player would look for a leg up? I mean between cheating, drugs, etc...(and no, Im not speaking of TW).

Happens all the time in sports. I'm not naive to believe it happens in golf. If you make an accusation about a person's equipment though that seems incredibly unlikely due to the nature of testing involved on tour, that doesn't give much credibility to the rest of your story though.

Something that also keeps jumping out at me.. You go and release a possible big story like this and the only place that keeps getting sourced is an AM radio show? And who is this guy?

Whatever substance Tiger is allegedly abusing to enhance his performance, he should demand a refund because it sure ain't working.

Happens all the time in sports. I'm not naive to believe it happens in golf. If you make an accusation about a person's equipment though that seems incredibly unlikely due to the nature of testing involved on tour, that doesn't give much credibility to the rest of your story though.

Something that also keeps jumping out at me.. You go and release a possible big story like this and the only place that keeps getting sourced is an AM radio show? And who is this guy?

I dont disagree with any of that.
Its very easy. If he comes back in 6 months...this just might have had something to it. I mean if he misses Augusta and Bay Hill after saying he needed more reps and then magically comes back at the 6 month mark.

If he comes back before the 6 month mark, its clear that most in this thread were correct.

It is interesting that the comments are eerily similar to the 1st time around (although very different story and source).

I agree with that. If he comes back by April, this entire thread and that website is clickbait.

It'd be odd though that his agent and people he knows say it'd be very unlikely for him to miss the Masters knowing if he was suspended for 6 months etc. Although I suppose that's not uncommon either for them to play dumb on that.

6 months would have him back right before The Open Championship? Or right after?

First suspensions are usually a month. And it cracked me up when he was talking about tiger faking and limping around... I find it all just entertaining...

I dont disagree with any of that.
Its very easy. If he comes back in 6 months...this just might have had something to it. I mean if he misses Augusta and Bay Hill after saying he needed more reps and then magically comes back at the 6 month mark.

If he comes back before the 6 month mark, its clear that most in this thread were correct.

It is interesting that the comments are eerily similar to the 1st time around (although very different story and source).

thats assuming a 6 month suspension, with no transparency they can give players what ever they want or what is best for the tour

thats assuming a 6 month suspension, with no transparency they can give players what ever they want or what is best for the tour

Very true.
The entire thing comes down to the fact that the tour runs a very fine line on black/white and gray areas with their policies like this in my opinion and dont think they should.

Very true.
The entire thing comes down to the fact that the tour runs a very fine line on black/white and gray areas with their policies like this in my opinion and dont think they should.
Agreed. Imagine the NFL tried getting away with these types of "shadow" suspensions.

I heard Tiger shot J.R.

Agreed. Imagine the NFL tried getting away with these types of "shadow" suspensions.

or any Professional League, but because it's golf joe public does not care, most people don't even consider it a sport

First suspensions are usually a month. And it cracked me up when he was talking about tiger faking and limping around... I find it all just entertaining...

They can be up to a year, depending on the severity for first time offenders. Being that the handful of positive PED tests have lead to year long suspensions (Doug Barron, Blavik Patel the most recent), it sounds like that's the default.

NFL players are unionized and the entire relationship between the NFLPA and the NFL is covered by a collective bargaining agreement.

PGA Tour players are not unionized and therefore each player has an individual relationship with the tour.

It's a very different situation.

Well if he is using an illegal ball it sure isn't helping him much. Must not be one of those Yip free balls.

Interesting but I dont believe it

This ball thing too is really weird. I don't know what to think about that either.

Maybe he is suspended, but if he wasn't would it matter? Not like he was even competitive let alone dominating so this is a non story either way.

If the story is true, the man who is arguably the best player ever being suspended for anything whatsoever is a non story?

If the story is true, the man who is arguably the best player ever being suspended for anything whatsoever is a non story?

To me, this would be like Alex Rodriguez getting suspended again. A few years ago (even last year) it would have grabbed my attention. Now I just shrug my shoulders because at this point he is a guy breaking down physically and I don't see him regaining anything close to his top form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me, this would be like Alex Rodriguez getting suspended again. A few years ago (even last year) it would have grabbed my attention. Now I just shrug my shoulders because at this point he is a guy breaking down physically and I don't see him regaining anything close to his top form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So what would you say if he were to win a major and a couple tournaments this year? Would it still be a non-story?

just listened to the interview. Not sure if he's saying its more for the ball or more for a substance. Either way it's interesting. Perhaps Tiger should just show up in Puerto Rico this week and tee it up.

Back